Looking for some fun summer science to share with your toddlers, preschoolers, prek, kindergarteners, first graders, second graders, and third graders. These free printable ladybug life cycle worksheets will help kids learn about ladybugs as they watch them grown and observe them in nature as a fun summer activity for kids.
Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet
The warm weather brings bugs and insects and while they are creepy in my eyes, my kids love bugs. Especially my boys; they spend their days following and rescuing ants. My son traps flies he finds in the house and releases them outside. Spiders get left alone since they help catch other bugs. This time of the year is a great time to explore the backyard to see what other little creatures you can find.
If you have a garden, there are plenty pill bugs and earthworms to investigate. Our favorite is the ladybug, it’s the least ickiest, at least in my eyes. They don’t bite or hurt you so they’re a favorite bug to follow around. Science worksheets are a great way to keep the learning going when you’re indoors.
I know my kids always come up with the best questions when we’re outdoors and I don’t always have the answer to them. When we’re inside we can spend our time looking up facts and answer questions I wasn’t able to earlier.
Ladybug Life Cycle
Life Cycle of a Ladybug
These life cycle of a ladybug printables includes 8 different pages:
- Life cycle of the ladybug
- Ladybug anatomy
- Life cycle 3 part cards
- Letter L dot coloring page
- 4 writing pages
Ladybug Life Cycle for Kids
The first two life cycle of a ladybug worksheets have word banks that you can cut out so your preschooler can glue the answers into the correct position. The cards can be cut out onto cardstock and you can either keep the words together or cut them apart and match them up. You can use dot markers on the dot coloring page and you’ll need a pencil for the 4 writing pages.
Remember that worksheets are only one part of the learning process. Ladybugs are fun when they are studied in person, have them keep a bug journal or draw pictures of the bugs they see.
Life Cycle Worksheets for Kids
- Butterfly Life cycle Worksheet
- Ladybug Life cycle Worksheet
- Life cycle of a Frog Worksheet
- Plant Life cycle Worksheet
- Chick Worksheets (chicken life cycle)
- Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheet
- Life Cycle of a Turkey Worksheets
- Apple Life Cycle Printable
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet
- Life Cycle of a Sunflower Worksheet
- Life Cycle of a Penguin
- Life Cycle of a Spider Worksheet
Insect activities for preschoolers
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Peek-a-Bug Alphabet Games – four abc games to help kids learn their ABCs, match upper and lowercase letters, and more!
- Ladybug Alphabet Matching activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Bug Sight Word Game is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book
- Potato Stamped Bee Craft for Kids
- FUN Spider Slime Recipe
- Fun, hands-on Spiders for Kids Activities
- All About Worm Worksheets
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Free Spider LIfe of a Spider for Kids
- Bee Preschool Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Bug THeme
- Bee and Insect Theme for Preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider Counting Activity with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzle
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug Sight Word Reader – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Printable Insect Worksheets
- Learn all about ants with these creative ant activities for kids
- Cute Bug Number Worksheets
- Measuring Lines of Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets
- Count and Clip Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Buzzing Bees Numbers 1-12 Worksheets
- I Spy Bugs Activity Sheets
- Bug Themed Alphabet FInd and Color
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Ladybug Counting Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with stickers
- Hands-on Spider Shape Matching Activity
Life Cycle of a Ladybug Worksheet
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.