This Turkey Life Cycle Printable Pack is a great activity to do this Thanksgiving. In this printable pack, kids will learn about the life cycle of a turkey as well as build their math and literacy skills.
Life Cycle of a Turkey
Children are naturally curious about the work around them. When crisp fall weather beings to appear, and colorful leaves fall from trees making giant leaf piles, kids know that Thanksgiving isn’t too far away. Thanksgiving is a fun time of family and friends, being thankful, remembering the first Thanksgiving with Pilgrims and Indians, and most people eat delicious TURKEY!
I love expanding on things kids are naturally interested in So fall is a great time to teach kids a little more about turkeys with national geographic turkey for kids, turkey videos from national geographic, and the life cycle of a turkey with no prep, free worksheets. But at a glance, here is a turkey life cycle:
- Egg – A female turkey lays between 6 and 18 eggs, averaging 12 eggs.
- Hatching– A turkey egg takes about one month to hatch.
- Chick – Baby turkeys cannot fly for two weeks. Only wild turkeys can fly.
- Poult – As they grow they get more feathers. Adult turkeys have around 3,500 feathers.
- Adult – Full grown turkeys are either called a hen – A female turkey weighs between 7 and 16 pounds and are about 3 feetlong. Or a male turkey is called a tom and weighs between 8 and 24 pounds; are about 4 feet long. Only male turkeys can gobble.
Life Cycle of a Turkey Worksheet
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, you will loe this 74-page Turkey Life Cycle Printable Pack that contains a variety of activities to use in a turkey center, extra learning, homework, fall them, thanksgiving theme, or enrichment for any science curriculum.
Turkey Life Cycle
- What I Know/ Want to Learn about Turkeys – Write what you want to know and then research turkeys and write the answers to your questions.
- Turkey Life Cycle Writing Pages – Research the turkey life cycle and write our what you find.
- Turkey Life Cycle Pages – Place / write the turkey life cycle in the correct order.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory. These cards can also be used together with the alphabet cards. using the alphabet cards to spell out the words.
- Odd One Out – Circle the object that is different.
- What Comes Next? – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Finish the Patterns – Cut out and paste the answer in the correct spot.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
Turkey Life Cycle for Kindergarten
- I Spy – Count the Leaves / Objects – Count the objects.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Addition Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Subtraction Cards – Cut out, laminate and use a peg or paperclip to clip or place a pom pom or candy onto the correct answer.
- Alphabet Cards – Cut out, laminate and use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. Can also be used to spell words.
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Great for practicing order from largest to smallest or the other way round.
- Color by Number – This is a great way to learn colours while revising numbers.
- Nouns or Verbs – Is is a noun or a verb? Place the words the correct column.
- Turkey Word Search – A fun way to practice spelling the words involved in the life cycle of a turkey.
Life Cycle Worksheets
Looking for more life cycle printables for toddlers, preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these free resources:
- Butterfly Life cycle Worksheets
- Ladybug Life cycle Worksheets
- Frog Life cycle Worksheets
- Salmon Life Cycle Worksheets
- Flower Life cycle Worksheets
- Chicken Life Cycle Worksheets
- Plant Life Cycle Worksheets
Turkey Activities for Kids
- Turkey Activity for Color Matching
- Spin & Cover Turkey Shapes Activity
- Torn Paper Turkey Craft
- Turkey Word Family Activites
- Turkey Life Cycle Cards
- Turkey Subtraction Worksheets
- FREE Thanksgiving Play for Families
- Turkey Math Craft
- Sorting Turkey Feathers Activty for Learning COLORS
- FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets for Preschoolers
- 35 Turkey Crafts and Activities for Thanksgiving
- Cute Turkey Snack
- Free Printable Thanskgiving Hats for Kids
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheets
Download Turkey Life Cycle Printable Pack
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.