Butterflies are brightly colored insects that have a four-part life cycle. These butterfly life cycle worksheet contains a huge variety of activities about the butterfly life cycle for kids as well as many fun, educational math and literacy pages with a fun butterfly theme for spring. Use these life cycle of a butterfly worksheet with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Simply download pdf file with butterfly printables and you are ready to play and learn with these themed worksheets for your learners.
Butterfly life cycle worksheet
Children are naturally fascinated with beautiful butterflies. And this spring and summer they can observe the Butterfly lifecycle for kids up close, go to a butterfly garden, or use these butterfly worksheets for kids to practice a variety of math and literacy skills. The HUGE pack includes both preschool butterfly science, themed butterfly worksheets to work on counting, alphabet matching, addition, patterns, free printable life cycle of a butterfly cut and paste, and so much more for your spring theme! Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, or daycare – you will love these butterfly life cycle worksheet free for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students. Use these with a butterfly theme, extra practice, summer learning, center in your classroom, or any other fun supplemental learning activity.
Life cycle of a butterfly worksheet
Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet
This 61-page Butterfly Life Cycle Learning Pack includes are variety of activities for the young learners (K – P):
- Alphabet Cards – Use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. The cards can also be used in conjunction with the 3 part cards to work on spelling.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory.
- I Spy – Count the Animals / Objects
- Butterfly Life Cycle – Write or cut out and paste the life cycle in order.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Count the objects and find the correct answers.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
Butterfly life cycle worksheet free
There are also many activities for the older children in grades 1 – 3:
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Free Butterfly life cycle worksheet cut and paste – Write or cut out and paste the life cycle in order.
- Let’s Add – Add and write the answers.
- I Can Subtract! – Subtract and write the answers.
- Color by Number – Color the picture using the correct colors.
- Butterfly Life Cycle Writing Pages – For the student to record what they have learnt after researching the butterfly life cycle.
- Singular or Plural? – Write the words in the correct columns.
- If I were a Butterfly… – Create a story of what it would be like to be a butterfly.
- Nouns or Verbs? – Cut out and paste the words in the correct columns.
- What time will the eggs hatch? – Practice reading and writing the time on the analogue clocks.
Free printable life cycle of a butterfly cut and paste
For the all the cards and puzzles activities, I prefer to print them out on white card stock and laminate them for durability.
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Flower Parts of a plant flip book
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Spring Multiplication Math Craft
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella ABC Matching Game
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Butterfly life cycle worksheet free download
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.