Butterflies are brightly colored insects that have a four-part life cycle. These butterfly life cycle worksheet contains a huge variety of activities about the butterfly life cycle for kids as well as many fun, educational math and literacy pages with a fun butterfly theme for spring. Use these life cycle of a butterfly worksheet with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Simply print pdf file with butterfly printables and you are ready to play and learn with these themed worksheets for your learners.
Butterfly life cycle worksheet
Children are naturally fascinated with beautiful butterflies. And this spring and summer they can observe the Butterfly lifecycle for kids up close, go to a butterfly garden, or use these butterfly worksheets for kids to practice a variety of math and literacy skills. The HUGE pack includes both preschool butterfly science, themed butterfly worksheets to work on counting, alphabet matching, addition, patterns, free printable life cycle of a butterfly cut and paste, and so much more for your spring theme! Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, or daycare – you will love these butterfly life cycle worksheet free for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, and grade 1 students. Use these with a butterfly theme, extra practice, summer learning, center in your classroom, or any other fun supplemental learning activity.
Life cycle of a butterfly worksheet
Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet
This 61-page Butterfly Life Cycle Learning Pack includes are variety of activities for the young learners (K – P):
- Alphabet Cards – Use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. The cards can also be used in conjunction with the 3 part cards to work on spelling.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory.
- I Spy – Count the Animals / Objects
- Butterfly Life Cycle – Write or cut out and paste the life cycle in order.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Count the objects and find the correct answers.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
Butterfly life cycle worksheet free
There are also many activities for the older children in grades 1 – 3:
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Free Butterfly life cycle worksheet cut and paste – Write or cut out and paste the life cycle in order.
- Let’s Add – Add and write the answers.
- I Can Subtract! – Subtract and write the answers.
- Color by Number – Color the picture using the correct colors.
- Butterfly Life Cycle Writing Pages – For the student to record what they have learnt after researching the butterfly life cycle.
- Singular or Plural? – Write the words in the correct columns.
- If I were a Butterfly… – Create a story of what it would be like to be a butterfly.
- Nouns or Verbs? – Cut out and paste the words in the correct columns.
- What time will the eggs hatch? – Practice reading and writing the time on the analogue clocks.
Free printable life cycle of a butterfly cut and paste
For the all the cards and puzzles activities, I prefer to print them out on white card stock and laminate them for durability.
Butterfly Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun butterfly activities, butterfly crafts, and butterfly printables to add to your day or butterfly theme? Try these:
- Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet Pack for kids
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Number Sense Butterfly Activities for Preschoolers
- Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet and Observation Book
- Butterfly Math – addition mats for pre-k and kindergarteners
- Free Rhyming Activities – Butterfly Puzzles
- 29 Pretty Butterfly Crafts for Kids
- Butterfly Math – Missing Addend Activity for Kindergarten
- Addition Butterfly Math Puzzles
- B is for Butterfly activities for toddler and preschoolers
- Butterfly Subtraction for Kindergarten
- Pop-up Butterfly Craft
- Pasta Butterfly Craft
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Life Cycle Printables
Looking for more free printables to help you learn about life cycles? You will love these resources:
- Life Cycle of an Ant
- Plant Life Cycles Printable Emergent Reader and Worksheets
- Pumpkin life cycle worksheet – lots of fun activities for learning about pumpkin life cycle
- Apple life cycle printable plus worksheets for working on early literacy and math too
- Life cycle of a sunflower worksheet – fun sunflower life cycle printables
- Penguin life cycle worksheet – is a perfect addition to you winter theme!
- Turkey life cycle – is fun to learn about around Thanksgiving
- Spider life cycle worksheet is a fun way to learn about the life cycle of spiders with an insect theme or during Octoboer
- Ladybug life cycle worksheet pages perfect for spring and summer
- Chicken Hatching eggs in the classroom worksheets
- Learn about the Life Cycle of Frogs for kids and grab the life-cycle wheel
- Life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Plant life cycle worksheet or this Plant Life Cycle Printable Lift-the-Flap
- Salmon Life Cycle Worksheet pack with not only life cycle of salmon, but math and literacy activities too
- Hatching Butterflies with Life cycle of a butterfly worksheet
- Sea Turtle Printable Books to learn about their life cycles
- Learn math and literacy along with these Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheets
- Watermelon Life Cycle Printable Spinner
Butterfly life cycle worksheet free download
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.