Butterflies are brightly colored insects that have a four-part life cycle. This Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheets contains many activities about this process as well as many fun, educational math and literacy pages.
Children are naturally fascinated with beautiful butterflies. And this spring and summer they can observe the Life Cycle of a Butterfly up close, go to a butterfly garden, or use these butterfly themed worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, or daycare – you will love these free worksheets for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1. Use these with a butterfly theme, extra practice, summer learning, center in your classroom, or any other fun supplemental learning activity.
Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet
This 61-page Butterfly Life Cycle Learning Pack includes are variety of activities for the young learners (K – P):
- Alphabet Cards – Use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. The cards can also be used in conjunction with the 3 part cards to work on spelling.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory.
- I Spy – Count the Animals / Objects
- Butterfly Life Cycle – Write or cut out and paste the life cycle in order.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Count the objects and find the correct answers.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet
There are also many activities for the older children in grades 1 – 3:
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Free Butterfly life cycle worksheet cut and paste – Write or cut out and paste the life cycle in order.
- Let’s Add – Add and write the answers.
- I Can Subtract! – Subtract and write the answers.
- Color by Number – Color the picture using the correct colors.
- Butterfly Life Cycle Writing Pages – For the student to record what they have learnt after researching the butterfly life cycle.
- Singular or Plural? – Write the words in the correct columns.
- If I were a Butterfly… – Create a story of what it would be like to be a butterfly.
- Nouns or Verbs? – Cut out and paste the words in the correct columns.
- What time will the eggs hatch? – Practice reading and writing the time on the analogue clocks.
Life Cycle of a Butterfly Printables
For the all the cards and puzzles activities, I prefer to print them out on white card stock and laminate them for durability.
If you are looking for more Butterfly Activities, why not try these:
- Butterfly Spring Addition Game
- 29 Butterfly Crafts for Kids
- Butterfly Addition Puzzles
- Hatching Butterflies with free Observation Book
- Butterfly Rhyming Activity
- Pop up Butterfly Craft
- B is for Butterfly
- Butterfly Missing Addend Clip Cards
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Craft
Looking for more, free printable worksheets for kids to practice av ariety of skills You will love these resources:
- Minion Themed Worksheets
- Noahs Ark Themed Worksheets
- Pet Themed Worksheets
- Jake & the Neverland Pirates Themed Worksheets
- Little Red Riding Hood Themed Worksheets
- Pinkalicious Themed Worksheets
- Mouse Paint Themed Worksheets
- Hungry Caterpillar Themed Worksheets
- Super Hero Themed Worksheets
Download Butterfly Life Cycle Learning Pack
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.