Butterflies are brightly colored insects that have a four-part life cycle. This Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheets contains many activities about this process as well as many fun, educational math and literacy pages.
Children are naturally fascinated with beautiful butterflies. And this spring and summer they can observe the Life Cycle of a Butterfly up close, go to a butterfly garden, or use these butterfly themed worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, or daycare – you will love these free worksheets for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1. Use these with a butterfly theme, extra practice, summer learning, center in your classroom, or any other fun supplemental learning activity.
Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet
This 61-page Butterfly Life Cycle Learning Pack includes are variety of activities for the young learners (K – P):
- Alphabet Cards – Use to match the lower case letters to the uppercase ones. The cards can also be used in conjunction with the 3 part cards to work on spelling.
- 3 Part Cards – Can be used to match the words to the picture or in games such as memory.
- I Spy – Count the Animals / Objects
- Butterfly Life Cycle – Write or cut out and paste the life cycle in order.
- Counting Puzzles – Cut out, laminate and use the numbers to place the puzzles back together.
- Counting Cards – Count the objects and find the correct answers.
- Size Sequencing Cards – Cut out, laminate and place in order from largest to smallest or vice versa.
- Coloring Activity – Color in the object using the color listed below.
- Do-A-Dot Letter Activity – Using a dot marker or bingo marker, dot out all of the correct letters.
- Dice / Graphing Activity – Cut out the dice and glue together. Roll the dice and graph each object the dice lands on.
Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet
There are also many activities for the older children in grades 1 – 3:
- Trace the Letters – Improve handwriting skills while learning to spell.
- Free Butterfly life cycle worksheet cut and paste – Write or cut out and paste the life cycle in order.
- Let’s Add – Add and write the answers.
- I Can Subtract! – Subtract and write the answers.
- Color by Number – Color the picture using the correct colors.
- Butterfly Life Cycle Writing Pages – For the student to record what they have learnt after researching the butterfly life cycle.
- Singular or Plural? – Write the words in the correct columns.
- If I were a Butterfly… – Create a story of what it would be like to be a butterfly.
- Nouns or Verbs? – Cut out and paste the words in the correct columns.
- What time will the eggs hatch? – Practice reading and writing the time on the analogue clocks.
Life Cycle of a Butterfly Printables
For the all the cards and puzzles activities, I prefer to print them out on white card stock and laminate them for durability.
If you are looking for more Butterfly Activities, why not try these:
- Butterfly Spring Addition Game
- 29 Butterfly Crafts for Kids
- Butterfly Addition Puzzles
- Hatching Butterflies with free Observation Book
- Butterfly Rhyming Activity
- Pop up Butterfly Craft
- B is for Butterfly
- Butterfly Missing Addend Clip Cards
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Craft
Looking for more fun and free pre k worksheets to make learning fun for early learners? Check out these resources:
- Frozen Preschool Worksheets
- Preschool Beach Theme Printables
- If you Give a Mouse a Cookie Worksheets
- HUGE Pack of Free Superhero Worksheets
- Rapunzel Worksheets Pack
- Free Weather Printables
- 100 Food Experiments for Kids
- Color Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Community Helpers Coloring Pages
- Lots of fun Shape Crafts for preschoolers
- Preschool Dinosaur Worksheets
- Preschool Cowboy Theme Printables
- 2000+ FUN and Free Alphabet Printables
- Zoo Animal Crafts for Pre-k
- Lots more Free Printable Worksheets with fun themes
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Worksheets
- Monsters Inc Pre k Worksheets
- Princess Worksheets
- Minion Preschool Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Preschool Construction Theme Printables
- Solar System Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Preschool Farm Activities Free
- Free Mouse Paint Printables
- Pre k Sight Words List and free activities to help learn preschool sight words
- Hand Washing Activities for Preschoolers
- 50+ Fun Preschool Science Experiments
- Grab some kid favorite cut and paste worksheets
- **See all of our 5000+ FREE pre k worksheets
You can find all of our 1+ million free printable worksheets for toddler-8th graders here!
Download Butterfly Life Cycle Learning Pack
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.