Help kids practice rhyming with this fun Butterfly Rhyming Games perfect for spring! Rhyming is such an important literacy skill to help your preschool, kindergarten, and first grader have a solid foundation for future reading success.
Butterfly Rhyming Games
Rhyming games for kindergartners help our beginning readers build their phonological awareness skills. Basically, this is teacher talk for the fact that being able to hear and identify a rhyme shows that your child is able to hear the sounds in words and recognize patterns in sounds. This will lead to your child improving their reading skills as a whole. And of course with any learning activity when we make it hands-on and a game we boost our kiddos engagement and interest levels dramatically.
This rhyming game is great for pre-k and kindergarten children.
Engage your kiddo in a rhyming game as they learn about sounds and rhymes. Your child will love the playfulness of this game and you will love watching them improve their phonological awareness and become a better reader.
Your pre-k and kindergarten kiddo is going to have a lot of fun matching the butterfly halves as they learn about rhyming.
- Butterflies Rhyming Game Template
- Download the FREE Butterflies Rhyming Game Template below.
- Print and cut the template.
- Place the butterfly halves on the table.
- Invite your child to match the butterfly halves based on their rhymes.
- Challenge your child to come up with additional rhymes, they can be real words or nonsense words. The goal here is to work on rhyming.
- Rainbow Rhyming Words Puzzles
- Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities
- Cooking up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Butterfly Rhyming Games
- Rhyming Clip Cards
- Glue Puzzles – fun Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Themed Rhyming Cards
- Robot Rhyme Puzzle Game
- Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Smores Rhyming Games for Preschoolers
- Beehive Rhyming Games for Preschool
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Rhyme in December with these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Free Alphabet coloring pages
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Free printable alphabet worksheets
- Winter color by number
- LOTS of free alphabet worksheets
- Kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Dinosaur printables
- Free kindergarten math games
- Free alphabet worksheets
- free kindergarten worksheets
Download Butterfly Rhyming Words for Kindergarten
Before you download you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.