Help kids practice rhyming with this fun Butterfly Rhyming Game to improve early litearcy skills. This rhyming games for kids as a fun idea for a buttefly theme or spring theme. This rhyming game for kindergarten, preschool, pre-k, and first grade students is sure to caputure children’s attention and is a LOW PREP activity for parents and teachers! Simply download pdf file with free rhyming activities and you are raedy to play and learn!
Rhyming games are a fun way for kids to practice identifying similar sounds in words which is important for early literacy as children begin to read! This free rhyming activity is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students as they build their phonological awareness skills. Basically, this is teacher talk for the fact that being able to hear and identify a rhyme shows that your child is able to hear the sounds in words and recognize patterns in sounds. This will lead to your child improving their reading skills as a whole. And of course with any learning activity when we make it hands-on and a game we boost our kiddos engagement and interest levels dramatically. Use this as a butterfly printable to engage early learners with a fun butterfly activity for kids!
Free rhyming activities
Rhyming games preschool
Engage your kiddo in a rhyming game as they learn about sounds and rhymes. Your child will love the playfulness of this game and you will love watching them improve their phonological awareness and become a better reader.
Your pre-k and kindergarten kiddo is going to have a lot of fun matching the butterfly halves as they learn about rhyming.
Fhyming game for kindergarten
- Rainbow Rhyming Words Puzzles
- Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities
- Cooking up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Butterfly Rhyming Games
- Rhyming Clip Cards
- Glue Puzzles – fun Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Themed Rhyming Cards
- Robot Rhyme Puzzle Game
- Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Smores Rhyming Games for Preschoolers
- Beehive Rhyming Games for Preschool
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Rhyme in December with these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
Butterfly Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun butterfly activities, butterfly crafts, and butterfly printables to add to your day or butterfly theme? Try these:
- Butterfly Life Cycle Worksheet Pack for kids
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Life Cycle of a Butterfly Worksheet and Observation Book
- Butterfly Math – addition mats for pre-k and kindergarteners
- Free Rhyming Activities – Butterfly Puzzles
- 29 Pretty Butterfly Crafts for Kids
- Butterfly Math – Missing Addend Activity for Kindergarten
- Addition Butterfly Math Puzzles
- B is for Butterfly activities for toddler and preschoolers
- Butterfly Subtraction for Kindergarten
- Pop-up Butterfly Craft
- Free Alphabet coloring pages
- Kindergarten Worksheets
- Free printable alphabet worksheets
- Winter color by number
- LOTS of free alphabet worksheets
- Kindergarten alphabet worksheets
- Dinosaur printables
- Free kindergarten math games
- Free alphabet worksheets
- free kindergarten worksheets
Before you download you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.