Make practice rhyming words fun with this free printable set of hot chocolate-themed, rhyming puzzles! The fun winter theme has preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students match the rhyming words to form hot cocoa and marshmallow pairs whose words have the same final sound. Simply download pdf file with Rhyming Words with Pictures activity for a fun, hands-on educational activity for kids.
These winter printables are a fun way to sneak in some winter literacy activities into the cold months of December, January, and February. Complete the rhyming puzzles by matching the hot cocoa cups and marshmallows whose pictures rhyme with one another; they have the same ending sound. These rhyming words for preschoolers with pictures are perfect for pre-k and kindergartners to improve reading readiness. Studies have shown rhyming is the greatest indicator of future reading success!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this super cute rhyming matching game to help make learning how to rhyme more fun! Use this rhyming words with pictures as extra practice, winter theme lesson plan, literacy center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool reading curriculum.
Rhyming Words with Pictures
Rhyming words for preschoolers with pictures
Print out the pages on cardstock. Laminate the puzzles for durability. Now, cut the puzzles apart. You will end up with twenty-one two-piece rhyming puzzles. Print the assessment page on regular printer paper. Kids can choose to color the pictures or leave them blank before completing the activity.
Match the Rhyming Words
To start, go through the images with your preschooler to make sure they can identify each object featured. You could even play with your child the first time to make sure they can match the rhymes.
After that, kids will search amongst the pieces for the rhyming words to complete each puzzle. This is a great way to reinforce rhyming words with your preschoolers and kindergarteners.
To make this activity self-correcting, place small (identical) stickers on the back of each rhyme. This way, kids can turn the puzzles over and check their own work.
- Rainbow Rhyming Words Puzzles
- Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities
- Cooking up Rhymes Do a Dot Printables
- Butterfly Rhyming Games
- Rhyming Clip Cards
- Glue Puzzles – fun Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Themed Rhyming Cards
- Robot Rhyme Puzzle Game
- Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Smores Rhyming Games for Preschoolers
- Beehive Rhyming Games for Preschool
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentine’s day cut and paste worksheets
- Rhyme in December with these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
Hot Chocolate Printables
Looking for more hot cocoa themed printable activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Hot Chocolate Playdough Recipe
- Free Hot Chocolate Worksheet to practice addition and subtraction
- Chocolate Activities and Crafts for National Chocolate Day on November 11th or World Chocolate Day July 7th
- Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Wow! Homemade Hot Chocolate GOOP
- Hot Chocolate Winter Multiplication Worksheets
- Cute Hot Cocoa Craft for Kids
- How to Make Hot Chocolate Sequencing Pictures Activity
- Winter Hot Cocoa Beginning Sounds Game
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
Rhyming Matching Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or single classroom use only (to share with others please direct them to this post to download their own copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!