Make identifying beginning word sounds FUN with this Free Phonics Hot Chocolate & Marshmallows activity perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students in January.
More Hot Chocolate Fun for Kids
- Hot Chocolate Playdough Recipe
- Free Hot Chocolate Addition & Subtraction Worksheets
- Chocolate Crafts & Activities for Chocolate Day
- Homemade Chocolate GOOP
- Printable Hot Chocolate Multiplication & Division
- Winter Playdough Mats
- Free Hundreds Chart Winter Coloring
- Amazing Historical Winter Candy
Phonics Hot Chocolate & Marshmallows
This super cute, hands on phonics activity helps early readers practice listening for beginning sounds in words and matching them with the alphabet letter that also makes that same sound.
Start out by printing all the pages in color on cardstock and/or laminate for durability. You will have a cup of hot chocolate for every letter from A to Z and about four picture marshmallows per letter.
Next, cut out all the cups of hot chocolate and the marshmallows. All the pieces easily store in a large ziplock bag to use over and over again!
This is such a fun, hands on educational activity to help kids improve literacy skills!
For the youngest learners, just set out a couple of hot cocoa cups with their corresponding marshmallows at a time. Students will then sort the marshmallows into the correct alphabet hot chocolate cups by listening for the beginning sound in each picture marshmallow.
Once students have mastered matching marshmallows with just a few cups, add in more cups to make it more difficult. This is such a great phonics activity to help beginner readers learn to decipher words! Perfect for a hot chocolate theme or winter theme for preschool, prek, kindergarten, or first grade students.
Winter Activities for Kids
Winter Books for Kids
Download Phonics Hot Chocolate
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!