Chocolate is a beloved treat for young and old alike. Why not celebrate it in your homeschool this year on National Chocolate Day? Try some of these fun chocolate craft ideas and activities for National Chocolate Day in October or World Chocolate Day Activities for July – we’ve got lots of fun chocolate activities for you to try with preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students.
World Chocolate Day Activities
When is national chocolate day activities? This year it falls on Saturday, October 28th. Or perhaps you want to celebrate July 7th world chocolate day activities. No matter which fun holiday or chocolate them you are planning for you will love these educational chocolate craft idea and chocolate activities for the holiday, then this list is for you! These are great for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
Or perhaps you are looking for some yummy, delicious chocolate activities to add to your celebrate of Valentines Day in February. In addition these ideas are great for book studies like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Chocolate Touch, and others.
These are fast and easy, and most of them take only a few supplies and materials that you probably already have around the house.
Homeschool can be so much fun on holidays such as National Chocolate Day! Try some of these educational activities that help kids learn while having fun; so even if you take a “day off” for a fun holiday such as this one, you’ll still be learning!
- Chocolate Playdoh – this chocolate playdough recipe is the perfect sensory activity and keeps little hands busy.
- Did your kids get into the recent homemade slime craze? Well, bring the excitement back with this Homemade Chocolate Goop recipe.
- If those two options aren’t enough, make some Chocolate Cloud Dough as well!
- If you really get brave and don’t mind another mess, this Chocolate Soap Foam Sensory Play would be exciting.
- Throw in a little STEM experience such as a Chocolate Chip Cookie Excavation.
- Math can be fun on National Chocolate Day, too! Try learning about measurement with Hershey Kisses.
- Matching skills and number recognition with chocolate chip cookies will keep your preschoolers and younger students engaged.
- Make the “M” on an M&M candy float! Yes, it’s possible – just try this Science experiment.
- Have your children recreate this chocolate taste test activity.
- More chocolate-filled hours can be spent painting with chocolate.
- Let your younger children have fun learning by sorting Hershey Kisses by color.
Chocolate Printables for Unit Study
Print some of these fun, free chocolate printables and worksheets to make yoru own chocolate theme perfect for Valentines Day in Febraury, National Chocolate Day on October 28th, learning about the Mayans ancient civilization, or with a childrens book like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory / Chocolate Touch. These chocolate ideas and chocolate crafts will help you plan your chocolate unit study.
Chocolate Day Activities
- Math practice was never yummier! Give your kids these Hot Chocolate Addition and Subtraction Math worksheets.
- Read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl, and/or watch the movie. Then try some of the lesson plans listed here.
- If you’d like to continue with more Charlie and the Chocolate Factory themed activities, try these notebooking pages.
- When your kids have finished sorting Hershey Kisses, have your children graph them too!
- For older kids (or even you!) spend some time enjoying a chocolate-themed adult coloring page.
- Here are some cute Hot Chocolate Counting Mats with which your kids will love using real marshmallows.
- Work on phonemic awareness with beginning sounds with this fun Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows printable learning activity.
- Making Hot Chocolate Sequencing Pack is a fun, free math printable that would go great with this chocolate unit study
- Practice making common shapes with these Chocolate Shapes Play Doh Mats
- Gain fluency with common sight words with this Chocolate Box Sight Words Activity for children
Cooking in the kitchen with the kids is especially fun on National Chocolate Day! Baking is a fun bonding activity, and a holiday that celebrates food makes the perfect opportunity. Try out some interesting new chocolate recipes below.
- Chocolate candy lovers will scream when they see this incredible cake full of chocolate inside and out!
- Fans of Rice Krispie Treats will rejoice when they see these Easy Triple Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats.
- Hot Chocolate, anyone? Here’s a delightful recipe for this drink that is a dessert too.
- Classic s’mores are a chocolate lover’s dream, but these 5 variations would be fun to try!
- Fudge is the perfect bite of sweet, delicious chocolate. You can even add a swirl of peanut butter like in this Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge recipe.
- Make a batch of your favorite brownies during an afternoon break from homeschool.
- Don’t want to overdo it? Try a chocolate dipped fruit such as strawberries, apples, or even frozen kiwi!
- Or, simply liven up your everyday recipes with a few chocolate chips. For example, try Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
- This Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is the perfect paring for not only Chocolate Day in October, but for your taste buds!
Chocolate craft ideas
Besides making playdough chocolate crafts and fun activites, you can also try making this Hot Chocolate Cocoa crafts for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age kids.
Chocolate Books for Kids
Plus make sure to check out these great chocolate books for kids:
Want to make a memorable homeschool day with your children on National Chocolate Day this year? These 25 crafts and activities for National Chocolate Day will be a sweet way to do it!
Hot Chocolate Printables
Looking for more hot cocoa themed printable activities to make learning fun? Try these free resources:
- Hot Chocolate Playdough Recipe
- Free Hot Chocolate Worksheet to practice addition and subtraction
- Chocolate Activities and Crafts for National Chocolate Day on November 11th or World Chocolate Day July 7th
- Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow Winter Rhyming Puzzles
- Wow! Homemade Hot Chocolate GOOP
- Hot Chocolate Winter Multiplication Worksheets
- Cute Hot Cocoa Craft for Kids
- How to Make Hot Chocolate Sequencing Pictures Activity
- Winter Hot Cocoa Beginning Sounds Game
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
We love celebrating fun holidays and fun days throughout the year! We have lots more special days throughout the year with activities to inspire you to create memories with your kids:
- Did you know there is a national Dice Day on December 4th? Try these dice games for kids
- Try these candy cane activities for National Candy Cane Day on December 26th
- After Christmas comes Three Kings Day for Kids on January 6th
- Celebrate Penguin Day on January 20th with these penguin crafts and activities
- Fun crafts and activities to celebrate Chinese New Year for Kids
- Carnival Crafts and Activities for National Carnival Day February 26
- These moon activities for kids will take you out of this world for National Moon Day on July 20th
- National Honey Bee Day is August 17th, celebrate with these bee activities for kids
- Learn about author Roald Dahl on September 13th with these roald dahl craft ideas
- Enjoy National Chocolate Day in Octoboer with these chocolate activities
- Become a super hero on Batman Day this September 15th with batman crafts and activities
- August 3rd is Watermelon Day, celebrate with these watermelon activities
- Sweeten your next July 15th with these gummy worm games for Gummy Worm Day
- Happy Birthday Donald Duck! Join in on the celebration this June 9th with these Donald Duck Day activities
- Head down to Seasame Street for these sesame street crafts for Sesame Street Day on November 10th
- Eat up on October 4th and celebrate Taco Day with these taco crafts
- Kids will love celebrating the largest living land mammal with these elephant activities to celebrate World Elephant Day on August 12th
- Mark your calendar for one of two donut days on June 7th and try these fun donut activities
- Celebrate Eric Carle’s birthday March 2nd with these hungry caterpillar crafts
- We celebrate Dr. Seuss day on his birthday on March 2nd with these fun dr seuss activities
- The 2nd week of mark is Bubble week! Join in on the fun with these bubble activities
- Let’s hear it for National Popcorn Day on January 19th with these poporn crafts
- Stay in your pjs for the Festival of Sleep Day on January 3rd and try one of these pajama day activities
- Grab some candy and try one of these activities for National Candy Day on November 4th.
- Make one of these mad hatter hat ideas to celebrate Mad Hatter Day on Octoboer 6th
- Show your patriotism by celebrating Flag Day on June 14th with one of these flag day activities
- Kids will go nuts over these jelly bean crafts for National Jelly Bean Day on April 22nd.
- Teach kids about our amazing planet on Earth Day this April 22nd with these Earth Day crafts
- Learn about frogs on Save the Frogs Day this April 30th with these frog activities
- May the 4th be with you on Star Wars Day! Try one of these star wars crafts today
- Celebrate Dental Health Month in February with these clever dental crafts