Kids will have a blast designing and making their own DIY snow globe. This snow globe craft for kids is super easy to make and provides hours of fun watching the snowy winter scene come to life. This fun snow globe craft for kids allows kids to make it snow with pretty snowflake confetti and glitter around a snowman (like Olaf) again and gain. Don’t miss this super cute winter craft for kids!
DIY Snow Globe
Celebrate winter by making your own diy snow globe craft! This snow globe craft for kids is simple to make with a few simple materials. This super cute winter craft for kids only takes 5 minutes to make! This snow globe craft will delight kids of all ages from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and elementary age students who will want to make a snow storm over and over and over again!
Snow Globe Craft
This DIY Snow Globe craft for kids is so much fun to make. You will need the following supplies:
With careful adult supervision, start out by using a hot glue gun to attach the snowman figure to the inside of the lid. I suggest applying it liberally to make sure it stays put. You might want to put glitter on the glue before it hardens!
Snow Globe Craft for Kids
There are a variety of techniques to make your snow globe. as ours was a kid made snow globe we kept it simple. Let me show you how to make a snow globe. Start by filling all but the top ring with baby oil to make this snow globes for kids.
Easy snow globe craft
Next add your choice of snowflakes or glitter to make this diy snowglobe. I suggest only adding a pinch of glitter or the globe will make an intense snowstorm which makes it harder to see our snowman! Then add in both large and small confetti snowflakes for a really cool effect. We used pretty shimmer silver, dark blue, baby blue, and teal confetti snowflakes and a couple circle confetti too.
Winter Craft for Kids
Then, in a separate container, mix 1 cup water with 1 teaspoon white acrylic paint; stir to mix.
Now pour the diluted paint into the snow globe. You will want to go very close to the top, within 1-2 mm. You will have leftover diluted paint; discard
HINTS: The reason it is important to get so close to the top is to minimize the air pocket at the top when finished. Also, make sure you stir diluted paint carefully as any non-diluted paint will cause the snowstorm to “paint the sides white” and not look very pretty.
Olaf Craft for Kids
Carefully, insert the snowman that is affixed to your lid into the baby oil solution. Ensure the lid is completely screwed on.
Here is your cute Olaf craft. He is all ready for you to make him a snowstorm.
Turn the DIY snow glove upside down to start the snow. This is such a fun snowman craft or cute Disney Frozen craft for kids.
How pretty is that! This snow craft for kids is so simple to make; it will only take you 5 minutes!
Kids will have fun making this easy snow globe craft snow again and again. There is no limit to how many times the kids can use the snow globe.
My kid just loved watching the white snow and glittery snowflakes swirl around the jar and then settle at the bottom. Such a simple, pretty kids activity for winter. This is perfect for kids of all ages.
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Winter science activities for preschoolers
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Snowman Activities for Preschool – Count to 10
- Cute Snowman Shape Puzzles
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!