Kids will have a blast designing and then watching their very own DIY Snowman Snow Globe come to life. This is such a fun, easy, and amazing winter craft for kids.
DIY Snowman Snow Globe
This super cute winter craft for kids only takes 5 minutes to make! It will delight kids of all ages who will want to make a snow storm over and over and over again!
DIY Snow Globe Materials
This DIY Snow Globe craft for kids is so much fun to make. You will need the following supplies:
With careful adult supervision, start out by using a hot glue gun to attach the snowman figure to the inside of the lid. I suggest applying it liberally to make sure it stays put. You might want to put glitter on the glue before it hardens!
How to Make a Snow Globe
There are a variety of techniques to make your snow globe. as ours was a kid made snow globe we kept it simple. Fill all but the top ring with baby oil to make this baby oil snow globe.
Next add your choice of snowflakes or glitter to make this snowing craft for kids. I suggest only adding a pinch of glitter or the globe will make a snowstorm! Then add in both large and small snowflakes for a really cool effect.
Then, in a separate container, mix 1 cup water with 1 teaspoon white acrylic paint; stir to mix.
Now pour the diluted paint into the snow globe. You will want to go very close to the top, within 1-2 mm. You will have leftover diluted paint; discard
HINTS: The reason it is important to get so close to the top is to minimize the air pocket at the top when finished. Also, make sure you stir diluted paint carefully as any non-diluted paint will cause the snowstorm to “paint the sides white” and not look very pretty.
Carefully, insert the snowman that is affixed to your lid into the baby oil solution. Ensure the lid is completely screwed on.
Here is your cute Olaf craft. He is all ready for you to make him a snowstorm.
Turn the DIY snow glove upside down to start the snow. This is such a fun snowman craft or cute Disney Frozen craft for kids.
How pretty is that! This snow craft for kids is so simple to make; it will only take you 5 minutes!
Kids will have fun making this easy snow globe craft snow again and again. There is no limit to how many times the kids can use the snow globe.
My kid just loved watching the white snow and glittery snowflakes swirl around the jar and then settle at the bottom. Such a simple, pretty kids activity for winter. This is perfect for kids of all ages.
Snowman Activities for Kids
- S is for Snowman Theme
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers