From snowman, the first snow, winter animals, and more…. you will love snuggling up and reading these fun Winter Books for Kids. These winter stories for children are perfect for enjoying the cold months of December, January and February with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. From pretty pictures to cute stories, rhyming text, and engaging characters these winter read alouds are sure to be a fun winter activity.
Winter Books for Kids
It may be cold and snowy outside, but inside you can sit on the couch in front of a warm fire and enjoy reading some delightful winter books for kids. These stories about the first day of winter, snow, snowmen, winter animals, snow globe, and more are such fun winter picture books to read with your children. Use these with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners and as winter books for 1st grade, grade 1, and grade 2 elementary age students.
Winter Read Alouds
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – these winter books for children are sure to engage young learners and encourage children to love reading!
Alive with swirling snow and lots of outdoor fun, the first ten days of winter bring special gifts for a special friend. This cumulative tale will have children chanting along as they discover all the trimmings needed for the most perfect snowman ever!
Winter is Here has beautiful watercolor illustrations and charming test help kids relive all the wondrous things about winter.
The Snowy Day is a classic book that has been a favorite of parents everywhere since 1963. The bright, simple illustrations are sure to charm a new generation of kids too.
Winter stories for kids
Celebrate the wonders of winter as the kids enjoy sledding, building snowmen, drinking hot cocoa and more.
The illustrations in Snowballs use collages of cut paper and vibrant, textured objects to give a unique perspective of building a snowman.
The Mitten is a best selling classic for a reason. The charming story introduces kids to animals in the winter while following a silly story about animals all getting in the same mitten.
Kids will have fun learning about animals in the winter with this interesting and fun-to-read book.
Learn numbers, colors, and animals in this fun 12 Snow Days of Winter book.
Kids will have fun reading about Sneezy the Snowman who is too cold so he tries to warm up and then children help remake him just right.
Winter read alouds kindergarten
Kids will be delighted to see what happens to Snowmen all Year long in this sweet story.
Biscuits Snowy Day is sure to be your child’s new favorite. Romp around in the snow with the beloved dog.
This delightful story is one of our favorites. Get ready to laugh out loud as There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow gets sillier and sillier. If you read this, don’t miss these Cold Lady Who Swallowed Snow free Sequencing Worksheets.
Best winter read alouds
Help kids learn The Story of Snow with this picture book that helps kids explore the science of snow.
Have you ever wondered what Snowmen do at Night? Kids will be delighted by the imaginative details of the secret life of snowmen.
Have fun counting to 100 with this fun 100 Snowmen book.
Be amazed at Snowzilla, the largest snowman ever seen. It is so big it attracts tourists!
Best winter books for kids
Snow wont stop with cute little dog who has plans to go sledding all day.
Help kids learn about the solstice in this sweet Shorted Day picture book.
Winter read alouds for kids
Take a look through an animal’s eyes and discover the interesting ways that animals cope with the cold winter months throughout this rhythmic story.
Join mouse as he discovers all the wonders of winter.
A delightful story about sharing with others, with soft flocking wherever Little Hedgehog’s mittens, hat and scarf appear.
Stunning photographs help kids take a peak at where animals sleep in the winter.
Find out how badger and hare make do when there is little food in the winter. A sweet story of friendship and sharing.
Snow Sounds is a wonderful book about onomatopoeia – words that make sounds!
Join a boy and his new friend Jack Frost on their winter adventures.
Winter read alouds kindergarten
The Thing About Yetis is an adorable story about all the ways that yetis like to have fun in the wintertime – from drinking hot chocolate (with lots of marshmallows!) to building snow castles and knocking them down
Oh, when will it snow again? wonders the little family who lives in the snow globe. They long for a snowstorm if only someone in the big family would pick up the snow globe and give it a shake. Such a creative story that is sure to delight kids!
This Spaghetti with the Yeti is a hilarious rhyming story that kids are sure to want to read over and over and over again.
The whole family is eager for a snow day, but when no snow comes the family is in for a disappointment – or are they?
Looking for more free winter worksheets, winter activities, and winter themed ideas to make learning fun all winter long? Check out these fun resources:
- Free Printable Winter Worksheets help pre-k and kindergarten age students practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Winter Rhymes –Matching Rhyming Words Games
- Winter Pre-Writing Activity for early learners
- Practice counting to 100 with these free Winter Color by Number Worksheets
- Super cute Winter Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Or work on letter recognition with these Color by Letter Winter Worksheets
- Rhyming Words with Pictures Winter Puzzles
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- Winter Syllables printable activity
- Free Printable Winter Story Starters
- Winter Roll and Cover worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun-to-Read Winter Books for Kids
- Practice counting to 10 with this super cute Free Winter Printables
Nothing says winter like snowman! Try these cute snowman printables:
- Build a CVC Word Snowman Activities for early readers!
- Snowman Printables Letter Tracing
- Adorable Count to 10 Snowman Printables Book
- Winter Snowman Word Family Spinners freebie
- Printable Snowman Clock and telling time activities
- Fun Snowman Math Craft for kids to practice addition within 10
- Build a Snowman worksheet to help kindergartners work on sequencing
- Winter Playdough Mats for kids to build common winter items
- Practice phonemic awareness with these adorable Snowman Coloring Pages
- Snowman Printables for teaching children basic shapes
- How cute are these Snowman Printables to trace and erase
- Winter Snap Cube Free Printables
- Hands-on Winter Counting activity for preschoolers
- Free Winter Worksheets for pre-k
- Super cute, count to 10 Snowman Crafts Preschool
- Snow globe Letter Find Winter Worksheets
- Winter worksheets for Kindergartens
- DIY Snow Globe craft for kids
- Try this easy snowman craft that uses circle stickers
- This amazing Snow Dough recipe is only 2 ingredients, cold, and doesn’t melt!
- Adorable Glue Snowman Craft
- This How to Make Snow Ice Cream is a must this winter!
Leave a Reply