This may just be the best reading tool you’ll find! These FREE Reading Comprehension Bookmarks include a place for your child to write down key facts on the book they are reading (both fiction and non fiction). This is fantastic for book reports or to show that they are comprehending and retaining what they’ve learned.
Any other parent out there wondering “Are my kids really reading the book?”
Reading Comprehension Bookmarks
Reading Comprehension Activities
- LARGE – these are 1/2 page sheets with bigger space for writing; perfect for Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade kids
- MEDIUM – these are 1/4 page sheets and fit most books. The spaces are large enough for most 2nd-8th grade students
- FICTION Reading Comprehension– These are designed for stories where there are main characters and a setting.
- NON-FICTION Reading Comprehension – These are designed for kids to write down things they learn in subject books, including lines to note the bibliography to help with formulating into a report if desired
Reading and Comprehension
- book title
- publishers, city, date (for children writing a book report after reading the book)
- main characters
- summary (the older student sheets have space for kids to note the beginning, middle, and end of the story)
- their favorite part of the story
- note words they don’t know to look up in a dictionary
- take notes on new concepts / facts they want to learn more about at their next trip to the library
- Things I learned (for non fiction books)
Reading Comprehension Skills
Here are a few of the concepts and strategies students in first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade will work on with this printable:
- Improve reading comprehension
- Improve retention
- Teach kids to take notes
- Kids will learn which things are key facts to retain
- Spot for writing down unknown words to look up later so kids will learn new vocabulary (instead of just breezing past it)
- Fantastic for teaching kids to gather information for a report without plagiarizing
- Helps teachers and parents ensure kids are actually reading the book
- Convenient bookmark instead of dog eared pages!
- Handwriting practice
- Spot to write down something kids want to learn more about to keep kids engaged and excited about learning!
Whether you are a parent, teachers, or homeschooler – you will love these convenient bookmarks that help you work on your students reading comprehension. They work with any book, require no prep, and are a great tool for helping students retain the key parts of the books they read.
- Library Scavenger Hunt – help kids learn to navigate a library, the dewey decimal system, book genres, and so much more with this pack of free pritnable scavenger hunts for kids!
- 26+ Book Report Ideas tons of fun, clever book report ideas for kids of all ages
- Sandwich Book Report Printable – clever way to do a book report
- Free Book Report Template – simple worksheet to print to help kids make a book report
- Reading Comprehension Worksheets – lots of different packs to help K-2nd graders work on reading comprehension
- Making Sense of Reading Levels
- Free Printable Book Logs – lots of different types, themes, and concepts to encourage children to read
- Creating a Reading Nook
- Best Books for Kindergarten (arranged by book level)
- 1st Grade Book List (by book level)
- Top 25 Chapter Books for kids (1st-3rd grade)
- 2nd Grade Reading Books
- 3rd Grade Reading Books
- 4th Grade Book Books
- Good Books for 5th Graders
- Historical Fiction Books for Kids (arranged chronologically)
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE 4th grade worksheets, pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Reading Comprehension Bookmarks
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers must purchase a licensed version at TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!