This may just be the best reading tool you’ll find! These free printable reading comprehension bookmarks include a place for your child to write down key facts on the book they are reading (both fiction and non fiction). These comprehension bookmarks are a super simplified book report bookmark perfect for kindergarten, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students to show that they are comprehending and retaining what they’ve learned.
Reading Comprehension Bookmarks
Any other parent out there wondering “Are my kids really reading the book?” Do your kids know what they just read? These handy free printable, Reading Comprehension Bookmark are a great way to help kids prepare to write a book report or figure out if kids actually know what they’ve been reading. These comprehension bookmarks are super handy for kindergartners, first graders, 2nd graders, 3rd graders, 4th graders, 5th graders, and 6th grade students. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these free worksheets.
Reading bookmarks printable
Reading comprehension bookmarks free
- LARGE – these are 1/2 page sheets with bigger space for writing; perfect for Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade kids
- MEDIUM – these are 1/4 page sheets and fit most books. The spaces are large enough for most 2nd-8th grade students
- FICTION Reading Comprehension– These are designed for stories where there are main characters and a setting.
- NON-FICTION Reading Comprehension – These are designed for kids to write down things they learn in subject books, including lines to note the bibliography to help with formulating into a report if desired
Reading comprehension bookmark
- book title
- publishers, city, date (for children writing a book report after reading the book)
- main characters
- summary (the older student sheets have space for kids to note the beginning, middle, and end of the story)
- their favorite part of the story
- note words they don’t know to look up in a dictionary
- take notes on new concepts / facts they want to learn more about at their next trip to the library
- Things I learned (for non fiction books)
Reading comprehension bookmarks pdf
Here are a few of the concepts and strategies students will work on with this printable:
- Improve reading comprehension
- Improve retention
- Teach kids to take notes
- Kids will learn which things are key facts to retain
- Spot for writing down unknown words to look up later so kids will learn new vocabulary (instead of just breezing past it)
- Fantastic for teaching kids to gather information for a report without plagiarizing
- Helps teachers and parents ensure kids are actually reading the book
- Convenient bookmark instead of dog eared pages!
- Handwriting practice
- Spot to write down something kids want to learn more about to keep kids engaged and excited about learning!
Bookmarks for reading
Whether you are a parent, teachers, or homeschooler – you will love these convenient bookmarks that help you work on your students reading comprehension. They work with any book, require no prep, and are a great tool for helping students retain the key parts of the books they read.
Book recommendations for Kids
- Tons of books for preschoolers
- Must Read Kindergarten Reading Books pdf free, free Kindergarten Reading Level Book List, Favorite Read Aloud Books for Kindergarten
- 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read by Themselves – Level 1 Reading Books pdf free, Fun-to-Read First Grade Picture Books, First Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders, 2nd Graders, and 3rd Graders – favorite series to keep kids reading!
- Best Read Aloud Chapter Books for 2nd Grade, Check out these 2nd Grade Reading Books pdf free
- Handy Grade 3 Reading Books pdf FREE
- Free 4th Grade Reading List pdf
- Printable Grade 5 Reading books pdf
- Exciting Historical Fiction Books for Kids and 25 Exciting Historical Fiction Books for 4th Graders
- Alphabet Books for Children, Transportation Books for Kids, Space Books for Kids that are out-of-this-world
- Funny Picture Books for kids of all ages, Sweet Picture Books about Family, Fun Zoo Books for Kids
- Books about community helpers, Beautiful Animal Books for Preschoolers, Preschool Color Books
- Creepy, Crawly Bug Books for Preschool kids, Rhyming Books for Kindergarten, fun-to read fall books for kids, and Preschool emotion books for learning to understand feelings
- See all of our popular kids books to read
- Handy, Reading Comprehension bookmarks (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Book Report Template for elementary age students or Book Report Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template or sandwich book report freebie
- Free 3rd Grade Book Report template choices
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas, Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets pdf
- This Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library or this Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable – to help encourage kids to read!
- How to teach elementary age students to write a Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- Free Parts of a Book Worksheet or these parts of a book for kids coloring pages that use playdough
- Plus, grab these super cute, free printable Star Wars bookmarks for kids!
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets and months of the year worksheets
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Practice math with these fun, free printable Crack the Code Worksheet
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- 3 Digit addition worksheets
- Teach kids about 30 Life Cycles for Kids with free worksheets and fun activities
- Color Worksheets for Preschool
- Free printable sh worksheets
- Spanish Worksheets Learning Greetings
- Tracing Numbers 1-30 Worksheets
- Hungry Caterpillar Numbers 1-10 printable
- Super Cute Parts of a Book Worksheets
- Rhyming Words Worksheets
- Sentence Scramble Worksheet
- Fill in the Missing Number Worksheets 1-100
- Free Continents and Oceans Worksheet pdf
- Types of Rocks Worksheets including the rock cycle
- Color by Code Converting Decimals to Fractions Worksheets
- Using a Ruler Measurement Worksheets
- Learning Place Value with Hundreds, Tens and Ones Worksheets pdf
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Pipe Cleaner constellation activities
- Free Printable Brain Breaks for Kids
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
- Subtraction Smash – hands-on math activity with playdough
- FUN Multplication Checkers with Multiplication Games Printable
- Sight Word Battleship – Free sight word game
- Edible Periodic Table! Making your own periodic table activity
- Make history come alive with these exciting Viking Activities
- Easy, Edible Ice Cream Play doh
- Space theme with over 101 fun learning activities for kids
- EPIC Playdough Earth Layers project
- Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment with Flowers
- Amazing Color Changing Slime
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Expeirment for kids
- Look Inside a Volcano Project Ideas
Free reading comprehension worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
I can not find this on teachers pay teachers! I want to buy them to use in my classroom and can’t find them! Help!
Thank you so much for this. We are new to homeschool and this is God sent.