This free printable Jamestown for Kids reader is a great way to learn facts about Jamestown, the first permament settlement in America while work on reading skills. This Jamestown printable allows kids to step back to the history of United States of America and learn about Jamestown va history including Captain John Smith, Powhatan native Americans, Pocahontas, and early settlers. Simply print Jamestown coloring pages for pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students to read, colour and learn!
Jamestown for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love using this low-prep activity in your jamestown lesson plans whiel learning about American settlers and Colonial America for kids. Use this Jamestown for Kids printable mini book to read, color and learn about the way of life in the Jamestown Settlement. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember is to have them read and study. Use these history coloring pages you can compile into a book about the Jamestown colony for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students as an introduction to the way this colony was set up, the struggles they went through and how they overcame them.
Facts about Jamestown
These mini books contain one cover page that children can decorate their own. After this, there are multiple pages all about Jamestown to add behind this. While reading these books, children will learn about:
- The beginnings of Jamestown
- Queen Elizabeth I and her influence on Jamestown
- The triangular shape of Jamestown
- Powhatan villages
- Captain John Smith
- Starving Time
- My Thoughts
Jamestown VA history
These two printable books are completely in blackline which is not only great for printing, but also a fun way for kids to get creative by decorating the images however they desire. Children can use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. to color in their books.
There are two different books, with one book being a more simple version of the other. This one is aimed at younger children, while the more in-depth one is aimed at older children. Extra pages for children to write on could also be added, after reading books and researching more on this topic.
This printable pack comes in black and white only.
Colonial America for kids
- Start off our Colonial America for Kids history unit with a look at the first permanent English settlement in America – Jamestown Activities. (Don’t forget to grab these FREE Printables Jamestown for Kids Book to Read, Color, and Learn)
- Talk about the Pilgrims, make costumes, learn how Squanto taught the settlers to plant crops, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes and a traditional colonial toy – marbles!
- Explore the life of the Dutch and Swedes in America as you try creating homemade butter and build a log cabin.
- Finally discuss William Penn and the Quakers will kids enjoy making traditional silhouette art projects, a colonial punishment stock, and so much more.
History Lessons for Kids
- Digging into World History Curriculum for the whole family to learn together!
- Dive into Mesopotamia History to learn about Gilgamesh
- Learn about Ancient Egypt Activities, crafts, lessons, worksheets, ancient egypt free printables, and more!
- Ancient Civlizations of MesoAmerica: Who Were the Ancient Maya People Readers, Inca Facts Reader, and Aztecs for Kids Reader
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Learn about castles, knights, and more in this exciting Middle Ages for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Famous Explorers for Kids Reader – discovering America
- Jamestown Color & Read Jamestown worksheeds pdf
- Revolutionary War Reader – american revolutionary easy reading
- Read, Color & Learn War of 1812 worksheet pdf
- Westward Expansion Reader westward expansion worksheet pdf
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- World War 1 Coloring Pages to color, read, and learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- WW2 Printables to read, color, and learn about World War 2
- Learn about the trading of goods that began in 1941 with this Columbian Exchange for Kids printable reader.
- Anne Frank Facts for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Rosa Parks Worksheets pdf – Free Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for Kids Printable American History Reader
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!