Whether you are diving into a history lessons for kids about the first world war in your classroom, a world war one unit in your homeschool, or area parent learning about world war 1 for kids – this WW1 for kids readers is filled with interesting facts about WW1 for kids for children to read, color, and learn! Use this free printable World War 1 worksheet is handy to use with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students. Simply print the World war 1 coloring pages and you are ready to read, colour, and learn!
World War I for Kids
What do your kids know about The War to End all Wars? Learning about history is important so we learn from the mistakes of the past. Tis World War 1 for kids printable allows kids to read, color, and learn some fascinating facts about ww1 for kids while getting an idea of the common sights of the time period. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low-prep activity for helping students learn about The Great War. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember is to have them read and study. This reader is a great introduction to World War I.
World War I began on the 28th July, 1914 after Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his pregnant wife Sophie were assassinated. The two sides were Thee Allies which included Great Britain, France, Belgium, Russia and the USA, and the Central Powers, which included Germany, Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria and Turkey. The Allies won the war, which finally ended on the 11th November, 1918. The first planes used in the war were Bi-planes. Each plane had two wings, one above and one below the pilot. These Bi-planes were first used as reconnaissance planes, flying low over enemy lines surveying the land, before flying back to base and drawing a map for the generals. Another seat was then added to these planes which allowed for a spotter to ride behind the pilot, taking photos of the enemy position.
Facts about WW1 for kids
These mini books contain one cover page that children can decorate their own. After this, there are multiple pages all about World War I to add behind this. While reading these books, children will learn about:
- The start of the War
- The trenches
- The soldiers
- First aid and nurses
- Different aircraft that was used and pilots
- The uniform that was worn by the soldiers
- Ships and submarines
- Gas Masks
- Bayonets and grenades
- My Thoughts
WW1 for kids
These two printable books are completely in blackline which is not only great for printing, but also a fun way for kids to get creative by decorating the images however they desire. Children can use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. to color in their books.
Trenches were dug in zigzag patterns and were around one to two meters wide and three meters deep. They contained many paths for soldiers to move around in. They were reinforced with sandbags and had a barbed wire fence at the top. Living in trenches was very hard on the soldiers. They had to deal with extremely cold temperatures that often caused them to lose fingers or toes to frostbite. With bad weather came flooding, which would make the trenches boggy and hard to move around in.Trenches were also riddled with pests such as rats and lice as well as disease such as Trench Fever and Trench Foot.
World War 1 worksheet
There are two different books, with one book being a more simple version of the other. This one is aimed at younger children, while the more in-depth one is aimed at older children. Extra pages for children to write on could also be added, after reading books and researching more on this topic.
Many soldiers were injured and killed during the war. At the beginning of the war, horse-drawn wagons were used to remove injured soldiers from the battlefield. On the 12th September 1914, the Red Cross established the motor ambulance department.Nurses treated patients at field hospitals that had been set up. They faced many challenges with limited medical supplies, poor weather, long shifts and cold weather.
This printable pack comes in black and white only.
History Lessons for Kids
- Digging into World History Curriculum for the whole family to learn together!
- Dive into Mesopotamia History to learn about Gilgamesh
- Learn about Ancient Egypt Activities, crafts, lessons, worksheets, ancient egypt free printables, and more!
- Ancient Civlizations of MesoAmerica: Who Were the Ancient Maya People Readers, Inca Facts Reader, and Aztecs for Kids Reader
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Learn about castles, knights, and more in this exciting Middle Ages for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Famous Explorers for Kids Reader – discovering America
- Jamestown Color & Read Jamestown worksheeds pdf
- Revolutionary War Reader – american revolutionary easy reading
- Read, Color & Learn War of 1812 worksheet pdf
- Westward Expansion Reader westward expansion worksheet pdf
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- World War 1 Coloring Pages to color, read, and learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- WW2 Printables to read, color, and learn about World War 2
- Learn about the trading of goods that began in 1941 with this Columbian Exchange for Kids printable reader.
- Anne Frank Facts for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Rosa Parks Worksheets pdf – Free Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for Kids Printable American History Reader
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
Geography for Kids
- Grab this realistic looking Free Printable Passport for Kids
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Kids can research to learn about other countries with these country worksheets.
- Around the World I Spy Worksheets – learn about 36 countries
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Landforms Worksheets pdf free
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
- Read, Color and Learn about other countries with FREE country studies including: Vietnam For Kids and Greece for Kids and Peru for Kids and Kenya for Kids and Israel for Kids, plus many more!
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- United States I Spy Worksheets
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Fireworks Patriotic Craft
- 50 States Worksheets
- State Animals USA Printables Scavenger Hunt
- United States Scavenger Hunt of State Birds
- FREE USA State Flowers Scavenger Hunt Printables for Kids
World war 1 coloring pages
By dusing resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!