Sneak in some Christmas Math for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten children with these Christmas Ten Frames cards. Download the pdf file with free Christmas printables. Each math task card has prompt to help students Add or Subtract within 5 using a 10 frame. Use Christmas candy like gumdrops, skittles, or peppermint candies as a hands-on manipulate for Christmas Addition and Christmas Subtraction to 5 this December holiday season.
Christmas Ten Frames
I can’t believe that Christmas time is here. It is one of my favorite seasons. I love the excitement that Christmas holds, and it is always fun to add Christmas to your learning time. One goal for kindergartners is that they be able to add within five. Before we can expect them to memorize these facts, we must provide them with hand on experience so they understand what adding is. This Christmas Ten Frames activity allows preschoolers and kindergartens to practice adding and subtracting within 5 using these Christmas Math Worksheets.
Free Christmas Math Worksheets
First, Print off printables in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. Next, carefully use scissors to cut apart the task cards. Finally, gather up Gum Drops or Christmas Gingerbread Erasers as a Christmas counting tool.
Now, comes the time for some fun Christmas learning.
Free Christmas Printables
Some children just get adding and subtracting. You can hand them the task cards, and they will know exactly what to do.
Others little ones need a little support. And here are a few ways you can help!
- For adding, provide them with two different colors of gum drops or two different erasers. Then have them look at the first numbers, and place that many down in the ten frame. Next, have them look at the second number, and use a different color to put that number in the ten frames. Finally, have them count the erasers or Gum Drops.
- Subtraction, of course, is a little different. Just like addition, the children use the first number to figure out how many Gum Drops to place in the ten frame. Now, things are a little different. The children use the second number and take that many gum drops away. They finish up, by counting the Gum Drops that are left.
Kindergarten Christmas math
Once children have a good understanding of how to add and subtract it is important to give them multiple opportunities to practice their new skill.
I’m a big component of games. When we hand out a worksheet our goal is to have children practice a certain skill over and over.. Most worksheets aren’t a lot of fun for children. But we can have children practice skills by putting out a game. The children are having fun, and if we choose the game well, skills are being used repeatedly.
If you are looking for games to help children master adding and subtracting within five, you might want to try some of these.
And if you’re looking for other Christmas themed math practice, check out the FREE “12 Days of Christmas Math” which includes math activities and games for Kindergarten through Algebra!
- Roll and Cover Christmas Math for Preschoolers
- Christmas Connect the Dots (counting to 10 or 15)
- Count to 20 Christmas Playdough Mats
- Pack of Christmas Dot to Dot Worksheets (counting 1-50)
- Free Christmas Fact Families with addition and subtraction practice
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Coloring Worksheets (counting to 100)
- Twas the Night Before Christmas Printables Count to 10 Booklet
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Christmas Counting Cookies Clip Cards
- Cut and Paste Christmas Math Worskheets reviewing addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Solve & Stamp: Christmas Math Worksheets (addition/subtraction)
- Fun Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles
- Christmas Cut and Paste Shape Worksheets
- Counting Christmas Cookies Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas Color by Number – color by addition and subtraction
- Christmas Greater Than Less Than Worksheets
- Decorate a Christmas tree with math – Christmas Word Problems
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets
- Christmas Skip Counting Worksheets
- Decorate the Math Christmas Tree by solving equations adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- 20 Amazing Christmas STEM Activities
- Christmas Number Tracing Printables
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Word Family Christmas Printables
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 200+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
Christmas math activities for kindergarten
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.