Help kids learn about the 7 continents with this fun, free printable geography games for preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. This geography games for kids will take children on a trip around the world as they race to gather supplies to make an apple pie. This is geography activity is perfect to accompany a reading of How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World.
Printable Geography Games
We love making learning fun! So as kids start to learn about the world around them this fun hands on geography activity is a great way to introduce that the world is grouped into 7 main areas called continents. Grab the printable geography games and children will “travel” around the world collecting items to make an Apple Pie. This geography games for kids is free and lots of fun for preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students!
Geography Games for Kids
How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World
As I was preparing our letter of the week lesson to teach our A is for Apple week I decided we were going to add in book based learning from unit on How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World. To really take full advantage of all the globe trotting in the book as she gets all the ingredients to make her apple pie, I decided it was a great time to roll into Geography!
Free Geography Games
I developed this fun, educational, and age appropriate (3-8+ years) game as a fun way to teach the name & location of the continents, reinforce green means go/read means stop, introduce fractions, and have fun going around the world collecting your apple pie ingredients!
The 7 continents game to go along with How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World includes the following downloadable templates:
- Game board (which I stuck in a page protector. This not only extends the life of the game, but is also great for storing the player pieces & pie pieces).
- 4 animal player pieces in bold primary colors (although you could use a lego pieces, mini eraser, button, or other small object you have laying around)
- 4 Pies (with 6 pieces each – one for each ingredient the book you will need to collect to make an apple pie) – I laminated these to extend there life.
- 6 color-coded continent sheets to insert into Constructive Plaything Photo Stacking Cubes (we use these for lots of games & to practice reading Dolche words!)
Kindergarten Geography Game
To play the game you will take turns to go around the world collecting butter, apples, cinnamon, flour, sugar, and eggs. The first player will roll the dice (large photo cube with continent Inserts) and move their animal player piece to the continent they rolled.
If the star on the continent is red there are no ingredients to collect & your turn is done. If the star is green you can collect an ingredient for your pie (color coded). Note: If you have already collected all the ingredients from that continent your turn is done. You cannot collect more than one of each ingredient (it would be too heavy and might spoil as you travel to all the different contents.)
The first player to have all 6 ingredients to complete their apple pie is the winner.
Apple Pie Game
This was so simple, but so much FUN! The kids asked to play it again and again. I love how their minds absorb knowledge through fun – they now know the names & location of all the continents! So actually, we are all winners! We also started playing a non-competitive way where if you landed somewhere & already had the ingredient you could pick up the ingredient to give to another player. In this method we didn’t stop until all players had all 6 ingredients for their apple pie.
Geography Books for Kids
You can learn more about geography for young children with these fantastic geography picture books!
Geography for Kids
- Where do I live Printable Activity
- US States for Kids – free worksheets, games, hands-on activities and more for teaching kids about us history and all 50 states
- Easy-to-Make Salt Dough Map
- Country Coloring Pages – Color, Read, and Learn
- Books about Countries around the World
- Tons of Free Printable Maps for Kids
- Printable Continents Book for Kids
- Printable Passports for Kids
- United States Coloring Pages
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Landmarks for Kids Lego Challenge Cards
- Children around the World printable worksheets
- Landforms Worksheets pdf free
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
- Roll into Geography Games for Kids – simple printable game to learn about continents
- Country Coloring Pages
Continue learning about other amazing countries all around the world with these FUN, no prep Countries for Kids printables to color, read, and learn! You will learn about 16 fascinating countries.
Download Roll into Geography Game
By using the printable below you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (you may print off 1 copy for your families personal use)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, copied or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!