Learn about famous explorers for kids with these free printable European explorers worksheets to read, color, learn, and create a reader. Learn about thirteen different explorers for children who traveled around the world in ships, in search for new and distant lands. Use this free printable as part of a history, explorer or Old and New World study filled with facts about explorers for first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Famous Explorers for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low-prep activity for helping students learn about different explorers and the lands that they explored. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember is to have them read and study. This reader is a great introduction to the way explorers traveled and how they discovered new lands. This explorers for kids is perfect for grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6.
European explorers worksheets
Explorers for kids
These mini books contain one cover page that children can decorate their own. After this, there are multiple pages all about the Male Explorers to add behind this. While reading these books, children will learn about thirteen explorers include:
- Alexander Mackenzie was a Scottish explorer who is best remembered for his 1789 and 1793 journeys to the Arctic and Pacific Coasts.
- Amerigo Vespucci was an Italian explorer and cartographer. He was the person who realized that the newly discovered lands by Christopher Columbus in 1492 were not Asia, but in fact a new continent – The Americas.
- Bartolomeu Dias was a Portuguese explorer who sailed around the tip of Africa.
- Sir Francis Drake was the first Englishman to sail around the world.
- George Vancouvera British officer of the Royal Navy known for his expeditions from 1791 through 1795 mapping the northwest coast of North America, exploring Hawaiian Islands, and the southwest coast of Australia.
- Hernando de Soto was a Spanish explorer and conquistador searching for gold while explorring North America.
- Jacques Marquette a French Jesuit missionary explorer who, together with Louis Jolliet, explored and mapped the northern part of the Mississippi River.
Explorers for children
- Captain James Cook an English explorer, navigator and cartographer. He was the first British commander to circumnavigate the globe in a single ship.
- Panfilo de Narvárez a Spanish conquistador and explorer who took part in the expedition that conquered Cuba.
- Robert de la Salle a French explorer who led an expedition in North America, exploring the Great Lakes, the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Samuel de Champlain a French explorer and cartographer who is known for mapping the St. Lawrence River, discovering the Great Lakes and founding the city of Quebec.
- Simon Fraser a fur trader and explorer who is known for discovering the Fraser River in British Columbia.
- Walter Raleigh an English explorer, writer, soldier and politician. He is remembered for introducing the potato and tobacco in England.
Early explorers for kids
These two printable books are completely in blackline which is not only great for printing, but also a fun way for kids to get creative by decorating the images however they desire. Children can use crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, etc. to color in their books.
There are two different books, with one book being a more simple version of the other. This one is aimed at younger children, while the more in-depth one is aimed at older children. Extra pages for children to write on could also be added, after reading books and researching more on this topic.
Facts about explorers
This printable pack comes in black and white only.
Facts about explorers
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
- Leif Erikson for Kids Reader to Read, Color, and Learn
- Viking Activities for Kids – build a viking ship, read about famous vikings, find Vinland, and more!
- Learn about European Explorers for kids such as Amerigo Vespucci, Vasco de Gama, and Columbus with this hands-on history lesson
- James Cook Study
- Explore with Henry the Navigator and Marco Polo activities in this fun history lesson
- Work on math and litearcy skills with these free printable explorer worksheets
- Join Drake, Cartier, and Henry Hudson for kids as they explore the new world in this fun history lesson
- Learn about Magellan, the Aztec, and the Spanish Conquistadors for Kids
- Don’t miss all our resources for learning about early explorers for kids
- Learn about 13 Famous Explorers for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn
- Famous European Early Explorers Printable Notebook Pages
- Early Explorers for Kids Pennant Posters
- FREE Printable Famous Early Explorers Coloring Pages
History Lessons for Kids
Check out one of or MANY engaging, Free history lessons for kids or go to American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- Digging into World History Curriculum for the whole family to learn together!
- Dive into Mesopotamia History to learn about Gilgamesh
- Learn about Ancient Egypt Activities, crafts, lessons, worksheets, ancient egypt free printables, and more!
- Ancient Civlizations of MesoAmerica: Who Were the Ancient Maya People Readers, Inca Facts Reader, and Aztecs for Kids Reader
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Learn about castles, knights, and more in this exciting Middle Ages for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Famous Explorers for Kids Reader – discovering America
- Jamestown Color & Read Jamestown worksheeds pdf
- Revolutionary War Reader – american revolutionary easy reading
- Read, Color & Learn War of 1812 worksheet pdf
- Westward Expansion Reader westward expansion worksheet pdf
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- World War 1 Coloring Pages to color, read, and learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- WW2 Printables to read, color, and learn about World War 2
- Learn about the trading of goods that began in 1941 with this Columbian Exchange for Kids printable reader.
- Anne Frank Facts for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Rosa Parks Worksheets pdf – Free Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for Kids Printable American History Reader
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
Geography for Kids
Looking for more resources and free worksheets to teach students about geography for kids? You will love these coloring sheets, printable maps, books, activities and games:
- Grab this realistic looking Free Printable Passport for Kids
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Ready to dive more in depth? Check out Country Study for Kids – look at 16 countries around the world up close
- Kids can research to learn about other countries with these country worksheets.
- Around the World I Spy Worksheets – learn about 36 countries
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Research and learn with these free Children around the World Worksheets
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Landforms Worksheets pdf free
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
- Read, Color and Learn about other countries with FREE country studies including: Vietnam For Kids and Greece for Kids and Peru for Kids and Kenya for Kids and Israel for Kids, plus many more!
- You can find all our FREE printable country coloring pages covering over 36 different nations – or jump right to Spain Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, Chile Coloring Pages, Germany Coloring Pages, and Costa Rica Coloring Pages
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- Cute, Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about American symbols with these Patriotic American Symbols for Kids
- United States I Spy Worksheets
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty,and more!
- American Symbols Worksheets
- Fireworks Patriotic Craft
- 50 States Worksheets
- State Animals USA Printables Scavenger Hunt
- United States Scavenger Hunt of State Birds
- FREE USA State Flowers Scavenger Hunt Printables for Kids
Famous explorers in history
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply