Sneak in a fun, educational math game this November with this super cute, free printable turkey math activity! Download pdf file, print and sort the feathers with your kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. This is such a fun idea for teaching odd and even numbers.
Teaching even and odd numbers is not a relatively difficult concept. Especially for numbers 1-10. It is important though. Learning odd and even numbers is the base for math in a child’s future. It is the first step in learning whole number groups. It is also important to note that even numbers can be divided by 2 evenly, odd numbers can’t. And since we love fun themed learning activities to keep kids engaged, we created this fun turkey math printable activity for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. This is such a fun, hands-on way to teach odd and even numbers.
Free Turkey Math Printable
Teaching odd and even numbers
2..4..6..8..Who Do We Appreciate? Did you sing this song as a child? I remember chanting it during summer camp a few times. What I didn’t realize is that it is a super easy way to remember even numbers!
I think the easiest way to teach even and odd numbers is to break it down and then rely on repetition. This Turkey Odd and Even Number activity is the perfect way to do this. It will help children identify the numbers that fit into the categories, it will encourage repetition of this identification and it can also be a way to assess a child’s knowledge on the concept!
You can prepare this to be a math center or a craftivity, but either way they both start the same. Print the turkey and feathers in color or black and white. Carefully use scissors to cut out each piece in the printable turkey template.
Thanksgiving Math Craft
This can easily be turkey math activity or a math craft with our printable turkey craft! We included a black and white version of all of the pages. Kids can use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to color each piece and then tape or glue the feathers to the back of the correct turkey.
- Odd / Even Turkeys in COLOR sorting numbers 1-10
- Odd / Even Turkeys in BLACK & White sorting numbers 1-10
- Blank Turkey Template – use the cute clipart and turkey template to make a name craft, sort higher numbers, practice sight words, addition, etc.
I also included blank versions of all of the pieces. This could also be used for to make a name turkey (put letters of a child’s name on the feathers and they can spell it out as they put the feathers on), or for sight words, beginning sounds, blends, etc.
You could also do addition or subtraction problems on the feathers and answers on the belly of the turkey. The options are endless.
Turkey Activities for Kids
- Turkey Activity for Color Matching
- Spin & Cover Turkey Shapes Activity
- Torn Paper Turkey Craft
- Turkey Word Family Activites
- Turkey Life Cycle Cards
- Turkey Subtraction Worksheets
- FREE Thanksgiving Play for Families
- Turkey Math Craft
- Sorting Turkey Feathers Activty for Learning COLORS
- FREE Thanksgiving Worksheets for Preschoolers
- 35 Turkey Crafts and Activities for Thanksgiving
- Cute Turkey Snack
- Free Printable Thanskgiving Hats for Kids
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheets
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.