Brain breaks are those essential little mini-breaks that our children need throughout the day. This set focuses on animal actions, since they’re so much fun to mimic. These free brain break activity cards are really great to use from preschool, pre k, kindergarten through first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. Print the pdf file to print the brain break cards in color or black and white.
Free Brain Break Activity Cards
Have you ever made the comment it looks like your child has ants in their pants. Sitting still for an extended period of time is hard for young learners. It is especially hard to sit still when they are concentrating hard and not engaged. These super cute free brain break activity cards are free printable brain break cards to give preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students a quick stretch break; a chance to move and free their mind so when they come back they can focus better. According to research if kids take a 3-5 minute break, their brains are optimized to learn for the next 45 minutes! So allowing kids to get up, stretch, and clear their minds is not only good for their bodies, but helps them to focus better on their school work.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these brain breaks for kids!
Brain break cards
Free printable brain break cards
The purpose of brain breaks are to give kids a quick physical and mental break from their work, or from too much sitting. Not just because it helps clear minds, but because research says movement helps kids retain and recall what they’ve been learning.
Children can pick a card and then do the actions for about 15 seconds. Brain breaks are meant to be brief interludes to re-focus and get their concentration back, so the break only needs to be a few minutes long.
Brain breaks for Kids
I hope you enjoy taking these brain breaks with your kids! These brain breaks cards action cards are also great for practicing counting. Just count while doing the actions – it really helps kids stay on task, enjoy repetition, and get some extra movement into their day!
- Keep encouraging kids to wash their hands to fight germs with these 40+ FREE Printable Wash Your Hands Posters
- 1 million FREE Worksheets, Games, and Activities for Prek-8th grade
- Learn about other countries in the news: Spain Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages
- 40 Virtual Fieldtrips to take from home!
- Have older students who aren’t into the animal theme? Try these free printable brain breaks for Kids
Homeschooling Helps and Tips
If you are considering homeschooling, we can help! Besides having over 1 million pages of free homeschool worksheets for prek-8th grade students, we have lots of practical tips and advice too. Take a peak:
- Should I Homeschool my kids
- Why I LOVE Homeschooling
- How to Choose a Homeschool Curriculum
- How long does homeschooling take per day? We do it in only 15 hours a week
- Homeschool Friends – How to find great friendships when you homeschool
- How you can Free Homeschool
- Why we Homeschool
- Our Homeschool Room
- Why we use Our Workboxes
- Our Curriculum Choices
- Homeschooling Forms to help you get organized
Brain Breaks Cards
Before you gran your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.