Brain breaks are those essential little mini-breaks that our children need throughout the day. This set focuses on animal actions, since they’re so much fun to mimic. These Brain Breaks Cards are really great to use from preschool and Kindergarten through to Grade 1 plus homeschool kids!
- Alphabet Coloring Sheets
- Alphabet Cut & Paste Book
- Matching alphabet cards for upper and lower case
- Bingo Marker Alpahbet Letter Find
- A-Z alphabet flash cards
- Duplo Alphabet Mats
- Little alphabet books (A-E)
- Alphabet Hats
Download this printable below. Print off either the color or black and white pages, laminate (if you want) and cut to separate the cards. That’s it! They’re ready!
Free Brain Breaks
The purpose of brain breaks are to give kids a quick physical and mental break from their work, or from too much sitting. Not just because it helps clear minds, but because research says movement helps kids retain and recall what they’ve been learning.
Children can pick a card and then do the actions for about 15 seconds. Brain breaks are meant to be brief interludes to re-focus and get their concentration back, so the break only needs to be a few minutes long.
These action cards are also great for practicing counting. Just count while doing the actions – it really helps kids stay on task, enjoy repetition, and get some extra movement into their day!
I hope you enjoy taking these brain breaks with your kids!
- Should I Homeschool
- Why I LOVE Homeschooling
- How to Choose a Homeschool Curriculum
- Great Tip! How to Homeschool in only 15 hours a week
- How to Make Homeschool Friends
- Homeschooling for FREE
- Why we Homeschool
- Our Homeschool Room
- Why we use Our Workboxes
- Our Curriculum Choices
- Homeschooling Forms to help you get organized
Download Brain Breaks Cards
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.