Brain breaks are those essential little mini-breaks that our children need throughout the day. This set focuses on animal actions, since they’re so much fun to mimic. These free brain break activity cards are really great to use from preschool, pre k, kindergarten through first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students. Print the pdf file to print the brain break cards in color or black and white.
Brain Break Cards
Have you ever made the comment it looks like your child has ants in their pants. Sitting still for an extended period of time is hard for young learners. It is especially hard to sit still when they are concentrating hard and not engaged. These super cute free brain break activity cards are free printable brain break cards to give preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students a quick stretch break; a chance to move and free their mind so when they come back they can focus better. According to research if kids take a 3-5 minute break, their brains are optimized to learn for the next 45 minutes! So allowing kids to get up, stretch, and clear their minds is not only good for their bodies, but helps them to focus better on their school work.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these brain breaks for kids!
printable brain break cards pdf
brain break cards free
The purpose of brain breaks are to give kids a quick physical and mental break from their work, or from too much sitting. Not just because it helps clear minds, but because research says movement helps kids retain and recall what they’ve been learning.
Children can pick a card and then do the actions for about 15 seconds. Brain breaks are meant to be brief interludes to re-focus and get their concentration back, so the break only needs to be a few minutes long.
movement break cards pdf
I hope you enjoy taking these brain breaks with your kids! These brain breaks cards action cards are also great for practicing counting. Just count while doing the actions – it really helps kids stay on task, enjoy repetition, and get some extra movement into their day!
- Keep encouraging kids to wash their hands to fight germs with these 40+ FREE Printable Wash Your Hands Posters
- 1 million FREE Worksheets, Games, and Activities for Prek-8th grade
- Learn about other countries in the news: Spain Coloring Pages, Italy Coloring Pages, China Coloring Pages
- 40 Virtual Fieldtrips to take from home!
- Have older students who aren’t into the animal theme? Try these free printable brain breaks for Kids
- Should I Homeschool my child – 5 potentional homeschool pitfalls
- 25 Reasons why I LOVE Homeschooling
- How to choose the right free printable homeschool curriculum
- How does homeschooling work – how we homeschool in only 15 hours a week
- Homeschool Socialization – is it really a problem?
- How to Homeschool for FREE with free homeschool printables
- Why Homeschool – a peak at why we homeschool
- Take a peak at our Homeschool Room
- Homeschool Organization – meet our workbox system
- Homeschool Curriculum – what we choose to use each year
- Get your homeschool started right with these homeschool ideas
- Homeschool attendance sheet and other forms to help you keep organized!
- Free Printable School Memory Book
Free Homeschool Worksheets
We are here to help! We have over 1 milliion free worksheets, games, and activities for students of all ages. Click on the links below!
- Homeschool Preschool
- Homeschool Kindergarten
- Homeschool 1st grade
- Homeschool 2nd grade
- Homeschool 3rd grade
- Homeschool 4th grade
- Homeschool 5th grade
- Homeschool 6th grade
brain break cards pdf
Before you gran your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.