Children of all ages will love making these super cute, and easy to make, Water Resist Easter Egg Craft perfect for April.
As soon as spring arrives, my kids start thinking about Easter! It’s like the warmer weather, green grass, and spring flowers make them think of the Easter egg hunts they will soon have.
That’s okay with me because love making Easter Crafts for kids to brighten up the inside of our house too! There are so many fun ideas for decorating Easter eggs, bunny crafts, cross crafts, uses for Peeps, chick crafts and so many more!
Today I wanted to share with you an EASY egg craft that is ideal for younger kids like toddler, preschooler, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1, but is also fun for older siblings in grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 too.
I love that you don’t need fancy supplies to make this spring craft, so chances are you already have what you need to make this craft at home. You will need
- white paper (I like to use heavier paper when using paint, so a cardstock or watercolor paper is ideal, but any printer paper would do)
- white crayons (you may also want to experiment using other crayons in your paintings as well)
- watercolor paint (we used this watercolor paint set to have more color choices, but your basic crayola water color set you can get at Target, Walmart, and Amazon works great too)
- paint brush (your water color paint probably came with a brush)
- dish of water
- cardboard – scraps from Amazon boxes, butcher paper, or any other item you like to use to protect your surface
First, use your scissors to cut an egg shape out of your paper. we liked to make ours big and made them the full size of a printer paper size. If you use the watercolor paper we recommend, you can cut to large eggs out per piece of paper.
Now use your white crayon to make a crayon resist on the paper. Encourage children to make anything they like. You can show them pictures of what traditional Easter Eggs look like with their lines, geometric shapes, dots, etc.
Make sure they understand they can hardly see the white crayon show up on the white paper, but that’s okay! The magic part where the lines will reappear is coming next.
Easter Egg Craft
Show them how you need the water to make it wet – that more water will water down the color so it is less intense, but less water will make a bolder more vibrant color. Explain how they can clean off their brush in the water between colors, and that it is okay fro colors to meet and overlap on their paper to make new color variations!
Make sure each student has a white egg shaped paper ontop of a piece of cardboard and has access to the watercolor paint, a brush, and a small bowl of water. Have children dip their paintbrush in the small dish of water and then into a paint color of their choice. Students will use the paint to decorate their egg.
Easter Crafts for Preschoolers
In this Easter Crafts for Toddlers, children can use any color they like to decorate their egg using their imaginations. Make sure they paint over the crayon to make it pop and go all the way to the edge of their egg to cover the entire surface.
For older students, notice how you can also use your crayon to make other more complicated designs like a bunny, chick, cross, etc.
Easy Easter Crafts
Abve we used a yellow crayon to make the stripes and star pattern before we painted over it with different, overlapping, strokes of yellow, orange, and red. I think the other lighter crayon colors make a really cool pop in the watercolor, don’t you?
Simply let your craft dry completely and hang it on your walls, windows, and doors using tape or blue tac to brighten your house for easter! This is such a fun Easter decorations to make at home with your kids!
Easter Crafts for Kids
Looking for more super cute and fun Easter Crafts, check out these creative ideas:
- Mason Jar Bunny Craft for Kids
- Easy Paper Bag Bunny Craft
- Printable Easter Craft
- Easter Cross Craft at Sunrise
- 41 Easter Crafts about Jesus
- Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Bunny Hand Art Project
- 100 Easter Crafts for Kids
Looking for free easter printables for toddlers, preschoolers, pre k, kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, and families? You will love these resources:
Easter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, hands-on, educational activites for students to try during April? You will love these free printable ideas!
- Color by Number Easter
- Easter Egg Letter Tracing
- Count to 20 Easter Math Puzzles
- Easter Printable Tracing Pages
- Printable Mazes Easter Activity
- Easter Worksheets
- Sight Word Mazes Easter Worksheets
- Easter Interactive Hundreds Chart
- Phonics Easter Eggs Printable
- Easter Egg Fractions
- Number Tracing Strips to practice counting with jelly beans
- Easter Letter Matching
- Plastic Easter Egg Activity working on visual discrimination
- EDIBLE Peeps Playdough!