Children of all ages will love making these super cute easter egg crafts. These easy-to-make, watercolor easter eggs are perfect for decorating your windows for Easter in March and April. The bright colors, pretty patterns, and quick easter craft make this project one we do every year! All you need for this easter kid crafts is a white or yellow crayon and watercolor paints. Get ready to make a gorgeous easter arts and crafts for kids with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd graders, and 4th graders.
Easter egg crafts
As soon as spring arrives, my kids start thinking about Easter! It’s like the warmer weather, green grass, and spring flowers make them think of the Easter egg hunts they will soon have. That’s okay with me because I love making Easter Crafts for kids to brighten up the inside of our house too! There are so many fun ideas for decorating Easter eggs, bunny crafts, cross crafts, uses for Peeps, chick crafts and so many more! Today I wanted to share with you an EASY easter egg crafts that is ideal for younger kids like toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarten, and grade 1 students, but is also fun for older siblings in grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 too. You will love this engaging and pretty easter activities for preschoolers!
Watercolor easter eggs
I love that you don’t need fancy supplies to make this spring craft, so chances are you already have what you need to make this craft at home. You will need
- white paper (I like to use heavier paper when using paint, so a cardstock or watercolor paper is ideal, but any printer paper would do)
- white crayons (you may also want to experiment using other crayons in your paintings as well)
- watercolor paint (we used this watercolor paint set to have more color choices, but your basic crayola water color set you can get at Target, Walmart, and Amazon works great too)
- paint brush (your water color paint probably came with a brush)
- dish of water
- cardboard – scraps from Amazon boxes, butcher paper, or any other item you like to use to protect your surface
Easter craft ideas
First, use your scissors to cut an egg shape out of your paper. we liked to make ours big and made them the full size of a printer paper size. If you use the watercolor paper we recommend, you can cut to large eggs out per piece of paper.
Now use your white crayon to make a crayon resist on the paper. Encourage children to make anything they like. You can show them pictures of what traditional Easter Eggs look like with their lines, geometric shapes, dots, etc.
Make sure they understand they can hardly see the white crayon show up on the white paper, but that’s okay! The magic part where the lines will reappear is coming next.
Easter egg craft ideas
Show them how you need the water to make it wet – that more water will water down the color so it is less intense, but less water will make a bolder more vibrant color. Explain how they can clean off their brush in the water between colors, and that it is okay fro colors to meet and overlap on their paper to make new color variations!
Make sure each student has a white egg shaped paper ontop of a piece of cardboard and has access to the watercolor paint, a brush, and a small bowl of water. Have children dip their paintbrush in the small dish of water and then into a paint color of their choice. Students will use the paint to decorate their egg.
Easter Activities for Preschoolers
In this Easter Crafts for Toddlers, children can use any color they like to decorate their egg using their imaginations. Make sure they paint over the crayon to make it pop and go all the way to the edge of their egg to cover the entire surface.
For older students, notice how you can also use your crayon to make other more complicated designs like a bunny, chick, cross, etc.
Easy Easter Crafts
Abve we used a yellow crayon to make the stripes and star pattern before we painted over it with different, overlapping, strokes of yellow, orange, and red. I think the other lighter crayon colors make a really cool pop in the watercolor, don’t you?
Simply let your craft dry completely and hang it on your walls, windows, and doors using tape or blue tac to brighten your house for easter! This is such a fun Easter decorations to make at home with your kids!
Easter Arts and Crafts
Looking for some cute and clever easter crafts? You will love these fun ideas! Plus don’t miss Over 50 Creative Ideas To Fill Easter Eggs , our cute bunny pancakes, or our traditional bunny cake.
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Easter Cross Craft at Sunrise
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Corting
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Jelly Bean Gospel Printable
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
Looking for free Easter worksheets or educational easter activities? Check out these resources and don’t miss our Easter Lesson Plan for Preschool or our Easter Books for PReschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Homophone Puzzles Easter Worksheets for 1st Grade
- Parts of Speach Easter Worksheets
- Planting Carrot CVC Word Activity
- Word Family Easter Worksheets or Word Family Easter Activity
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Word Families Activity with Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Challenge
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Create-a-Word Spelling Easter Worksheets
- Easter Math Egg Fractions
- Count to 20 Easter Math Activities
- Easter Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Sight Word Easter Worksheets
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
Leave a Reply