Here is a great tool to help your kids engage and listen to the weekly sermon at church. These free printable sermon notes for kids is a great resources for Christian kids and Sunday School Lessons.
Updated: Post originally published May 20, 2015
Sermon Notes for Kids
When should kids start listening to the sermon?
I don’t think there is a one-size-fits-all answer to when kids should start listening to the sermon. A lot depends on your church, your children, and a myriad of other factors. But if you are looking for my personal opinion, here goes.
I think kids are able to [and should] begin attending the entire service when they are in Kindergarten or 1st grade. In our family whenever they made that switch to “school” they also started attending service.
If children can sit and listen in class, they can sit and listen through a 60 minute service. Of those 60 minutes usually only about 30 minutes is a sermon.
Why should kids attend service?
Some people may argue that their church has a great Sunday School program and they’d prefer they go there either because of convenience or that it is geared to their level. Although I think that Sunday School is a wonderful and useful component of Sunday morning, I don’t think it should take the place of attending service.
- Kids should be part of corporate worship [the entire body joining together to praise and learn]
- Kids need to learn how to behave in church [the whole training them up]
- Kids can listen to a 30 minute sermon and LEARN! [Don’t sell them short, kids are bright and can learn a lot!]
Simple Sermon Notes for Kids
Help Kids listen to the Sermon on Sunday Mornings
We’ve tried several different approaches to helping our kids not only sit through, but listen to the sermon. We tried letting them color while listening, we asked them questions after church that were rewarded with M&M’s [a big motivator in our house] and with these Sermon Notes for Kids.
By helping kids listen for specific highlights in the message they will not only learn, but you are training them on how to listen which is an important skill in life. So have them take notes and then when you get home talk through their notes as a family to make sure they got the highlights.
There are 4 styles of FREE printable sermon notes for kids. They should work with any message for kids K-6th grade.
More Bible Resources for Kids
- Ezekiel Bible Craft for Kids
- Jesus Ascends Bible Craft for Kids
- Punch It! Old Testament Kings Review Game for Kids
- Post it Note Prophets Review Game for Kids
- Bible Verse Review Game for Kids
- Books of the Bible SCRAMBLE Review Game
- A to Z Scripture Copywork for Kids
Download Children’s Sermon Notes
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!