Here is a great tool to help your kids engage and listen to the weekly sermon at church. These sermon notes for kids is a pack of various sermon worksheets that work with any message. These kids sermon notes are great for helping kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, middle schoolers, and up listen to the message and work on comprehension. This children’s sermon notes is a great resources for Christian kids and Sunday School Lessons. Simply print the pdf file with free sermon notes for kids and you are ready for Sunday!
Sermon Notes for Kids
Are you looking for a way to help kids keep engaged and listening to the weekly message at Church. These sermon notes for kids are a great way to help kids listen to the service when the pastor speaks so they better remember what God is telling them through the Bible story. These kids sermon notes are handy for any kids who can write from kindergartners, elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, grade 6, grade 7, grade 8, garde 9, grade 10, grade 11, and grade 12 too. There are several choices of free printable sermon notes for kids to give kids some choices!
Kids Sermon Notes
When should kids start listening to the sermon?
I don’t think there is a one-size-fits-all answer to when kids should start listening to the sermon. A lot depends on your church, your children, and a myriad of other factors. But if you are looking for my personal opinion, here goes.
I think kids are able to [and should] begin attending the entire service when they are in Kindergarten or 1st grade. In our family whenever they made that switch to “school” they also started attending service.
If children can sit and listen in class, they can sit and listen through a 60 minute service. Of those 60 minutes usually only about 30 minutes is a sermon.
Why should kids attend service?
Some people may argue that their church has a great Sunday School program and they’d prefer they go there either because of convenience or that it is geared to their level. Although I think that Sunday School is a wonderful and useful component of Sunday morning, I don’t think it should take the place of attending service.
- Kids should be part of corporate worship [the entire body joining together to praise and learn]
- Kids need to learn how to behave in church [the whole training them up]
- Kids can listen to a 30 minute sermon and LEARN! [Don’t sell them short, kids are bright and can learn a lot!]
Children’s sermon notes
Help Kids listen to the Sermon on Sunday Mornings
We’ve tried several different approaches to helping our kids not only sit through, but listen to the sermon. We tried letting them color while listening, we asked them questions after church that were rewarded with M&M’s [a big motivator in our house] and with these Sermon Notes for Kids.
By helping kids listen for specific highlights in the message they will not only learn, but you are training them on how to listen which is an important skill in life. So have them take notes and then when you get home talk through their notes as a family to make sure they got the highlights.
There are 4 styles of FREE printable sermon notes for kids. They should work with any message for kids K-6th grade.
Learn the Books of the Bible
Here are several fun activities we’ve used to help the kids learn the books of the Bible. They are well suited to most kids in elementary school. You may also like or Books of the Bible Snack, Books of the Bible bulletin board, and books of the Bible bookmark.
- Pool Noodle Books of the Bible Games for Kids
- Hopscotch Books of the Bible Games
- 66 Books of the Bible Game for Kids
- Cup Books of the Bile Games
- Leaves Books of the Bible Games
- Learning the books of the bible with Lego
- Discs Books of the Bible Games
- Army of Spoons Books of the Bible Games
- Free Bible Bookcase Printable
Bible Printables for Kids
- Free printable books of the bible bookmarks templates
- Printable Bible Verses (verse cards for kids and families)
- Free Printable Sermon Notes for Kids (works with any sermon)
- Creation BINGO Printable Game
- Printable Jelly Bean Gospel for Kids
- Creation Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Scripture Cards pdf
- Bible Verse Copywork
- Cain and Abel Craft
- Sin Entered the World Sin Craft for Kids
- Beatitudes Sunday school lesson
- Jesus Feeds the 5000 Craft
- Lost Sheep Craft
- See all our many Free Sunday School Lessons
Free printable sermon notes template
By from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Hi there. I wanted to use your sermon notes pro tables at our church for children coming into service. I see on the first page that we are to purchase this at the tpt store. I couldn’t find it. Please let me know how to purchase this for church distribution. Thank you so much! I like these notes. They are really cute!
Looking forward to encouraging my 4th and 5th grade Bible class students to learn about taking sermon notes.