These super cute, free printable, Lego Challenge Cards are a great way for kids to have have fun building with Lego, explore their creativity, learn about famous landmarks around the world, and as a STEAM school activity.
We love ideas for making learning fun with children from preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, junior high, and high school. Even adults will have fun with these Lego building ideas for kids which are fun and educational at the same time!
Kids of all ages (and their parents) love building with Lego and Duplo bricks. It is a rewarding step-by-step process where the outcome is a very clever and well thought through design of something that interests you from a car, dollhouse, star wars scene, jurassic park dinosaur set, Disney themed castle, or any other one of their seemingly endless sets. But now what. Are you going to display it forever? Will you build it over and over again? Perhaps you will do both those things, then make sure you store the instructions with ALL the pieces in a large ziplock bag. This would actually be my suggestion. But if you wont, you are probably wishing you could use those lego pieces for a new purpose so the purchase doesn’t go to waste – you will love this fun lego activity that reuses your bricks.
Set aside your boring in your school at home tododay – the dry textbook, elearning that leaves your necked cramped, and try a more engaging, hands-on learning activity that will engage various senses as you learn a variety of subjects at once with this fun kids activities perfect for fall, winter, spring or summer learning.
Lego Challenge Cards
Many kids love to make-up their own inventive creations out of Lego. That is wonderful – such a great way for them to explore their imaginations and creativity. It teaches children the importance of persisting with a task to see their vision realised, take their time / finish a task / persevere, strengthen cordination and fine motor skills, and follow complex designs.
However, some children get stuck on what should they create. Still others are looking for new challenges on what to create. And still more are just looking for more excuses to build with their favorite building material. This Lego Challenge is perfect for all students from preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, grade 6, grade 7, garde 8, high school, and as a family activity.
Lego Building Ideas
Lego Famous Landmarks
Next, cut the cards apart. Each sheet has four cards. I like to cut around the edges of each card so just the border is showing. Or you can just cut down the middle both horizontally and vertically and you will have your LOW PREP lego activity for kids ready to go!
Famous Landmarks Around the World
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler you will love these Lego building cards. It is such a fun, hands on educational activity that appeals to kids. Use these famous landmarks lego challenge for an activity for school at home, as a STEM center in your classroom, as a group challenge, or on Friday night as a family.
Lego Challenge Cards
Simply set out Duplo or Lego pieces and give each of the participants a lego activity cards. Children will use the pictue on the cards as a guide, along with their creativity, to make that famous landmark come to life out of bricks.
I love that in this Lego activities for kids students will learn about famous buildings and places from countries around the world! I suggest as you give them the card or when they are finished building the iconic building, that they find the country, whose building they just created a model for, on a map. You can use a large wall map or our free printable maps.
What is STEAM education? The acronym STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Math. Basically this new trend in education tries to interweve various disciplines to maximize the learning experience for students. You may have also heard of STEM education which is the same concept except htere is no “art” component to the activity.
In this Lego stem challenge, students will learn about famous places in the world such as:
- Taj Mahal, India
- Windmills, Holland
- Brandenburg Gate, Germany
- Eiffel Tower, France
- Notre Dame, France
- Arc de Triumphe, France
- Sagrada Familia, Spain
- Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy
- Colloseum, Italy
- Stone Henge, United Kingdom
- Big Ben, Great Britain
- Blue Domed Church, Greece
- Acropolis, Greece
- St Basil’s Cathedral, Russia
- Pyramids of Giza, Egypt
- The Blue Mosque, Istanbul
- Statue of Liberty, United States of America
- Golden Gate Bridge, USA
- Capital Holl, USA
- Mount Rushmore, United States
- Great Wall of China, China
- Sydney Opera House, Australia
- Machu Picchu, Peru
- Chichen Itza, Mexico
Looking for more free lego printables for kids of all ages? Try these resources
- Numbers Mats using Lego bricks
- Lego Multiplication Flashcards
- Tons of Lego themed printable spelling tests
- Lego Printables
- Try making a Lego Zipling
- Teaching Fractions with Lego
- Learning the Books of the Bible with Lego
- Lego All About Me Printable
- Lego Minifigure Spelling Game
- Journaling with Lego is a fun creative writing idea
- Build a Sentence with Lego
- Lego Electricity Project
- Non Newtonian Experiment with Lego
- Lego Volcano Science Experiment
- 100 Ideas for Learning with Lego
Geography for Kids
- Where do I live Printable Activity
- US States for Kids – free worksheets, games, hands-on activities and more for teaching kids about us history and all 50 states
- Easy-to-Make Salt Dough Map
- Country Coloring Pages – Color, Read, and Learn
- Books about Countries around the World
- Tons of Free Printable Maps for Kids
- Printable Continents Book for Kids
- Printable Passports for Kids
- United States Coloring Pages
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Landmarks for Kids Lego Challenge Cards
- Children around the World printable worksheets
- Landforms Worksheets pdf free
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
- Roll into Geography Games for Kids – simple printable game to learn about continents
- Country Coloring Pages
Fun Summer Activities
Looking for more summer ideas for kids? You will love these fun, clever resources for kids of all ages to keep you busy all May, June, July, and August.
- Amazing Bubble Painting Project
- Exploding Watermelon Summer Science
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Giant Bubble Solution
- Edible Ice Cream Playdough Recipe
- Easy Ice Cream in a Bag
- FREE Printable Summer Activity Calendars
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Handprint Strawberry Craft
- Color by Number Summer
- Squirt Gun Painting
- 30 Super Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Mason Jar Flower Craft for Kids
- Walking Water Science Project
- June Stories for Kids and free printable activity calendar
Look for more free flashcards? We have lots of choices to help you learn and review lots of math, science, and literacy skills!
- Lego printable multiplication flash cards
- Shape Scavenger Hunt Flashcards
- Alphabet Wall Cards
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Famous Landmarks Lego Challenge Cards
- Handy Music Note Flashcards
- Number Flashcards Printable
- Free Sign Language Flash Cards
- Printable Biology Flashcards
- Printable color flashcards for toddlers
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Minion Division Printable Math Flashcards
- Free Printable Alphabet Flash Cards
- Addition Princess Flashcards
- Sight Word Flashcards
- Constellation Flashcards
- Lego Alphabet Crafts
- Printable Piano Flashcards
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Subtraction Toy Story Flashcards
- See all our printable flashcards for kids of all ages!
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use or personal classroom only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!