It can be challenging to help kids to continue working on their writing skills during the summertime. But these super cute lego printables are filled with not only summer writing prompts, but kids lego challenge ideas to build and write. These lego writing activities are perfect for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders too. Simply download pdf file with lego writing prompts for a fun summer activity for kids
Summer Writing Prompts
You’ve all heard your child’s teacher remind you that it is important to keep your kids learning during the summer to keep their minds sharp and avoid the summer learning loss. These summer writing prompts are not only great for keeping skills sharp, but FUN too! This lego writing activities includes a printable activity calendar with daily build and write challenges to keep kids engaged. These are a fantastic, free printable tool for children from kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and garde 6 students.
Lego writing activities
We have lots of other ideas to avoild the summer learning loss! This can be done by reading summer books for kids or starting a summer reading program. You can sneak in a lot of math and literacy review with summer learning activities. Heading out on a family vacation to explore nature, museums, and US States for kids is another easy way to incorporate learning this summer. Many students, however, have a tendency to neglect writing during the summer. We have more than 500 pages of writing prompts for kids, including these summer writing prompts, but today we wanted to share a new spin on summer writing with kids – Build and Write Lego Challenge!
Lego Writing Prompts
Print out the printable and post it where it is easily seen. Each week day during the month of July your child can read the building challenge and the writing challenge. The challenges can be done at the same time or break it up during the day.
Provide your child plenty of paper and pencils, crayons, markers, or other writing elements. Think about providing colored pencils for more fun writing. Your child can use colored pencils to indicate verbs, adjectives, nouns, or perhaps new vocabulary words. You can also allow your child to just use the pencils to decorate the page.
Summer writing is all about creativity not stress. Allow for free writing and check grammar and spelling with gentle care. The writing challenge can be kept to one page.
Lego writing template
Take a picture of the building challenge and attach it to the writing sample and place it in a folder. Make it a family project by building the challenges together and allowing each person to add to the writing challenge.
If you don’t have a child who likes to build then witch the building challenges to drawing challenges.
Free Writing Prompts
Looking for more writing activities? Try these
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Roll a Character – Fun Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Jungle Writing Prompts
- Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Spring Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Pattern Writing
- March Writing Prompts
- Farm Writing Prompts
- Whale Ocean Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Free Winter Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Free Autumn Writing Prompts
- **Plus don’t miss all 500+ pages of Fun Writing Prompts for kids of all ages!
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Download July Writing Prompt
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!