If you are looking for some fun, no prep writing ideas to keep your child writing during June and all summer, you will love these free printable Summer Writing Prompts. Each page includes a cute image to color, story starter, and ruled lines for writing.
June Writing Prompts
Just because it’s summer time doesn’t mean kids should stop writing! There is plenty of time in your days to play outside, create memories, let kids free play, eat ice cream, and sneak in some learning to avoid the summer learning loss!
Keep kids writing all summer long to review and improve their writing skills plus improve how they form thoughts and express themselves with these free printable writing prompts.
These June writing prompts are a great resource so kids have an idea of what to write which will make the process quicker, easier, and less stressful. It takes all the “I don’t know what to write” part out of the process. Now you can spend time letting them share their feelings, thoughts, and ideas instead!
Take a peak at all our FREE creative writing prompts for elementary age kids!
Summer Writing Prompts
Each of the creative writing prompts in the printable pack contain a black & white illustration for your child to color and spark their imagination. Colour the cute clipart with crayons, markers, or colored pencils! Let them use their imaginations to make them pop off the page with lots of bright, bold colors.: red, orange, yellow, pink, purple, green, blue, teal, gray, etc. This will give them a chance to think about the writing prompts.
Also on each writing sheet are ruled lines, in two different sizes, for your child to write. Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, or tutor – you will love that these no prep, free worksheets have large lined pages for Kindergarteners and grade 1 as well as smaller lined paper grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
Some of the fun writing ideas included in this pack of June writing prompts include:
- National Camping Month
- Flag Day
- Father’s Day
- National Aquarium Month
- Go Fishing Day
Summer Activities for Kids
- 107 Fun Summer Activities
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Water Balls Summer Activity
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- June Activity Calendar
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- How to Make Chalk for Summer FUN
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Hands-on Strawberry Counting Activity
- Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher
- First Day of Summer Printable Hat
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- June Activities for Kids
- Summer Color by Number Worksheets
Want to learn more about learn all about aquatic animals? Check out this fun, engaging unit for K-8th graders with over 250 pages!
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See our history lesson plans, math games for kids, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Summer Writing Activities
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!