If you are looking for some fun, no prep summer writing prompts to keep your child writing during June, July, and August – you will love these free printable June Writing Prompts. Each page includes a cute image to color, story starter, and ruled lines for writing. Whether you are looking for summer writing prompts for 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, or 4th grade – these free summer writing prompts are super handy! Simply download summer writing prompts pdf and you are ready for some EASY summer learning!
Summer Writing Prompts
Just because it’s summer time doesn’t mean kids should stop writing! There is plenty of time in your days to play outside, create memories, let kids free play, eat ice cream, and sneak in some learning to avoid the summer learning loss! Keep kids writing all summer long to review and improve their writing skills plus improve how they form thoughts and express themselves with these summer writing prompts. These June writing prompts are a great resource for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
June writing prompts
Summer writing prompts for 2nd grade
THese free printable summer writing worksheets take the work out of wriring. Now your kids have an idea of what to write which will make the process quicker, easier, and less stressful. It takes all the “I don’t know what to write” part out of the process. Now you can spend time letting them share their feelings, thoughts, and ideas instead! Plus kids will enjoy the summer writing activities for 2nd grade!
Summer writing prompts for 1st grade
Each of the first grade summer writing prompts in the printable pack contain a black & white illustration for your child to color and spark their imagination. Colour the cute clipart with crayons, markers, or colored pencils! Let them use their imaginations to make them pop off the page with lots of bright, bold colors.: red, orange, yellow, pink, purple, green, blue, teal, gray, etc. This will give them a chance to think about the writing prompts.
Summer writing prompts for 3rd grade
Also on each writing sheet are ruled lines, in two different sizes, for your child to write. Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, or tutor – you will love that these no prep, free worksheets have large lined pages for Kindergarteners and grade 1 as well as smaller lined paper grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students.
4th grade summer writing prompts
Some of the fun writing ideas included in this pack of kindergarten summer writing prompts include:
- National Camping Month
- Flag Day
- Father’s Day
- National Aquarium Month
- Go Fishing Day
Summer Activities for Kids
- EASY Pool Noodle Race Track for Kids, 30 Homemade Bird Feeders to make, EPIC Water Balloon Painting Activities
- Fun-to-Make DIY Foosball Table, Easy Marshmallow Shooter, 100 Exciting Year-Round Science Experiments for Kids
- Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint, 25+ Water Balloon Games, Outrageously fun Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting, Grass Head Summer Activity for Kids, Easy Sand Volcano with NO clean-up
- Strawberry Scented Jello Playdough Recipe, Snake Bubbles, Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- 75+ Free Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids, 100 Amazing Food Science Experiments, cool Puffy Paint Recipes
- Simple and FUN Aluminum Foil Art, epic Mentos and Soda Experiment, Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY! and How to Make a Simple Newton’s Cradle Science Experiment
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment, EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids, and 2 ingredient slime
- Scented Watermelon Playdough Recipe, ocean slime, Pretty Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Blow GIANT bubbles Homemade Bubble Solution, fun water balloon experiment, Free Zoo Scavenger Hunt
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough, Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft or shaving cream fireworks
- Check out June Crafts and June Activities for Kids, July Crafts and July Activities for kids, August Crafts and August Activities for kids, and don’t miss 107+ things to do in the summer
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Make a Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet or PVC Marshmallow Blasters, whip up some edible marshmallow playdough, and then add smores free camping math worksheets or camping math activities for preschoolers, finally play some no-prep campfire games
- Play with homemade color changing slime, Sand Slime, or watermelon slime, Kool Aid Playdough , vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids, yummy sandcastle ice cream, or make your own aqua magic sand
- Try some summer projects: balloon hovercraft, DIY scribble bot, foosball summer activity for kids, easy pool noodle race track, flow in the dark fairy jar, GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution, FUN Bubble Painting, must try Lego Zipline, Homemade Chalk Recipe, yummy How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag, I Spy DIY Bottles, epic Squirt Gun Painting, must try rocket experiment, or Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Don’t miss summer science projects: Water Balloon Experiment exploring density, sunscreen experiment for kids, colorful lemon volcano experiment, Exploding Watermelon, Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket , amazing fireworks in a jar experiment, balloon rocket experiment for preschool, melting sandcastle summer experiment, and lots more summer science experiments
- Get crafty with EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art , Amazing Bubble Painting, Flower Mason Jar Lid Craft, EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids, Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids, bleeding tissue Paper Fireworks Craft, Tin Foil Art Project, over 100 animal crafts, salt fireworks 4th of July crafts, or First Day of Summer Craft
- Plan a Beach Theme week with Free Beach Worksheets, summer density tower, easy sand volcano, sandcastle letter tracing
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids including our popular Zoo Scavenger Hunt
- Nothing says summer like Ice Cream! Try our edible ice cream Playdough, make Playdough Patterns, super cool ice cream volcano, puffy paint ice cream
- Grab a free printable like our animal I Spy Printables, free life cycle of a frog worksheet, fun summer color by number, summer word search printables, free preschool coloring pages pdf, or math summer worksheets for kindergarten
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids, water Balloon Painting Activity, Roll & Paint Balloon Painting, Balloon Paint Art Project, Music Activity for Kids, Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting
- Find more summer bucket list ideas including: printable summer bucket list BINGO, Ice Cream summer bucket list activities, and over 100 summer activities for kids,
Summer writing prompts pdf
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank you for all your hard work! I love all the options!!