Summer is finally here, it’s time to get outside and enjoy the sun! Celebrate summer with these cool July activities! From there independence day activities for kids, plus swimming fish activities, clever Mermaid Activities, fun water play activities to cool off, and more july kids activities for everyone. Try these July activities for kids with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students!
This list of awesome of July activities includes sensory play ideas, learning activities, small world play, science and STEM activities, plus a few simple summer recipes you can make with your kids. In these 4th of july activities for kids, there are lots of fish and mermaid activities, some great ideas for celebrating the Fourth of July, lots fun water play ideas to keep you cool, and loads more great ideas and july kids activities! Try these july activities for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
July Activities for Kids
There are over 31 july activity ideas on this list of July kids activities, so you’ll find something fun to try every day in July! Whether you are a parent, teacher, camp counsilor, planning summer vacation bible school (VBS) or planning summer camps for kids – there are lots of ideas here for everyone!
Water is synonymous with summer! Whether you think of ocean activities, swimming activities, water balloon activities, or fish activities for kids, these ideas are sure to fill your day with a splashing good time!
- Under the sea waterbead sensory bin from The Art Kit. These little fishy live in a wonderfully squishy world!
- Ice Fish Sensory Play from Messy Little Monsters. Catch some of these super cool fish!
- Rainbow Fish Counting Play Dough from Fantastic Fun and Learning. Have you read the Rainbow Fish book? This is a great math and play dough activity to go with it.
- Guppy Fish Science Experiment. Help kids learn about fish and genetics with this fun fish activity.
- Ocean Life Sensory Bag from Natural Beach Living. Find all the fish and sea creatures in this squishy sensory bag.
- Color Matching Fish Bowl Printable from Life Over Cs This is a great free printable with lots of ways to use it for learning colors.
- Fish Cracker Counting Cards from Preschool Play and Learn. This is such a fun way for kids to practice counting and one to one correspondence.
- Goldfish Subtraction Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me is a fun way to help kids practice math with an edible activity.
- Hands on Goldfish Addition. Practice adding two groups with this yummy fish activity.
- Build a Lego Fish from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. Build some fish or some other fun Lego sea creatures.
- Red Fish Blue Fish Playdough Mats. This is such a fun, hands on activity for strengthening fine motor skills while practicing counting.
- Fish Phonics Activity from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. This is such a fun way for kids to practice identifying and matching beginning sounds and letters.
When little kids think of water, they often think of beautiful mermaids like from Ariel the little mermaid and others! Try these fun mermaid activities for kids!
- DIY Mermaid Bath Bombs from Buggy and Buddy. These would make a great gift for a mermaid obsessed child.
- Glow in the Dark Mermaid Slime from Glued to My Crafts. This slime is so pretty!
- Mermaid Stress Balls from The Chaos and The Clutter. I bet these stress balls feel as amazing as they look!
- Little Mermaid Color by Sight Words from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. These free printables are a great way for mermaid lovers to learn their sight words.
- Squishy Circuits Mermaid from Steam Powered Family. Make a mermaid that lights up with this cool science activity.
- Mermaid Rescue Ice Excavation from Mamma Pappa Bubba. This glittery icey activity looks like so much fun!
Water Play Activities
Plus we want to include lots of outdoor water play to help kids cool off in unique, fun, and memorable ways!
- Alphabet Say and Spray Activity from A Dab of Glue Will Do. What a ‘cool’ way to learn letters.
- How to Make Mini Water Blobs from Hello Wonderful. Your kids will love you if you make some of these!
- DIY Sponge Water Bombs from Messy Little Monsters. Let’s have a water fight!
- Water Balloon Science Experiment from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Kids will be amazed by this density experiment.
- Colorful Oil & Water Science Experiment from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. This is such an easy and pretty science project.
- Build a Water Balloon Launcher from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls. Your kids will love you forever if you build one of these together!
- Pool Noodle Water Wall from Teaching Mama. Your kids will love this easy to make water wall.
- Sink and Float Experiment from Happy Hooligans. This is a fun science and water activity that all ages will love.
- Bending Water Science Experiment. This is such a fun way for kids to learn science while cooling off.
- Water Balloon Pinata from Red Ted Art. This is a simple outside activity that will keep everyone cool!
- Water Games Kids will Love. So many more clever water activities for kids.
Balloon Activities or Kids
Plus don’t miss these other fun balloon games and activities for kids to try this summer!
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Drop & Paint – Water Balloon Painting Activity
- Roll & Paint – Outrageously FUN Balloon Painting Activity for Kids
- Balloon Paint Art Project for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Learning the Notes on a Staff with a FUN Music Activity for Kids
- Water Balloon Experiment for FUN summer science
- Educational Balloon Games
- Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting
Independence Day Activities for Kids
Looking for some fun 4th of July activities to try with your kids? Fill your days with lots of fun red, white and blue projects with these fourth of july activities for children!
- 4th of July BINGO from Preschool Play and Learn. This is such a fun patriotic themed activity for kids of all ages.
- Easy Fourth of July Cookies from Red Ted Art. A fabulously fun and simple way to decorate cookies!
- 4th of July Playdough Mats from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games. Put some items on the grill with these fun fourth of July mats for kids.
- Patriotic Bubble Wands from I Heart Craft Things. This would be a great activity to do at a Fourth of July Picnic
- Magic Milk Fireworks Experiment from Messy Little Monsters. This is the perfect science activity for the Fourth of July.
- Printable 4th of July Coloring Pages. This simple 4th of July Activity is perfect for so many moments throughout the first week of July.
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels for Fourth of July from Natural Beach Living. Get the kids to help you make these easy treats.
- Red, White & Blue Science Project. This is such a fun, colorful kids activity!
- 4th of July Hundreds Chart Coloring. Kids will have fun coloring to reveal patriotic images while practicing numbers 1-100.
- Patriotic Sensory Tray from My Bored Toddler. This is a fabulous activity for little hands.
- Fireworks 4th of July Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. This super cute project uses ribbons in a creative activity for kids.
- Fourth of July CVC Words. Kids will have fun practicing these key words with this fun, patriotic themed activity.
- Fourth of July Slime from Simple Everyday Mom. I love the sparkly colors in this patriotic slime.
- Lego American Flag from Little Bins for Little Hands.
- I Spy 4th of July Printable. This is such a fun activity that also works on visual discrimination.
- You probably already have all the bricks needed to make this American flag
July Kids Activities
- Silly Grass People from 123 Homeschool 4 Me. Kids will have fun growing their own grass people this July.
- DIY Solar Oven from The Craft Train. This is a really interesting science activity to try on a sunny day.
- Make Fizzing Lemonade from Learn with Play At Home. This is science experiment has a deliciously summery result!
- Easy Lego DIY Zipline is a MUST TRY this summer!
- Lemonade Oobleck from Steam Powered Family. After you’ve made some lemonade make some lemonade goop to play with!
- Look Inside a Volcano Project is the perfect way to explore science with an EPIC science project that takes the classic experiment a big step further.
- Lemonade Sensory Soup from The Chaos and the Clutter. Keep the lemonade theme going with this fun sensory play idea.
- Summer First to Twenty Game from A Dab of Glue Will Do. Add this printable summer themed game to your math activities.
July Activities for Preschoolers
If you are looking for even more cool things do you with your kids during July, check out these fabulous July crafts for kids. There are lots different art and craft ideas perfect for celebrating the warm weather.
Keep your kids busy and happy all month long trying out these July activities for kids!
4th of July Activities
- EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment, Fireworks in a Jar Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments or Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft or Salty Fireworks 4th of july crafts with free printable templates
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids or Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Rec, White, and Blue Patriotic Slime and Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages or try Fidget Spinner Firework 4th of July Crafts
- 4th of July Red White and Blue Experiment and Stars “Bursting” 4th of July Science Experiments
- Tic-Tac-Toe on the GO, 4th of July Firework Crafts with shaving cream
- Fourth of July Red White and Blue Science Experiment and Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft ,or Founding Father George Washington Craft, and Simple 4th of July Fireworks Crafts painted with TP roll
- FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet and American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids and 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with 4th of July Activity or Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets and free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft, Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids or American Symbols Worksheets