This Independence Day, summer craft is such a unique fun craft for kids of all ages.
Summer is all about celebrating fun, food, and if you live in the United States of America!
One of our favorite classic summer treats are Bomb Pops – the little red, white, and blue popsicles that look just like little rockets. These popsicles are delicious, iconic, and fun for kids to eat.
But if you’d rather not let your kids have that much sugar, why not make your own paper bomb pop popsicles! Use the following directions to make your own bomb pop popsicle craft.
Use them as decorations, play with them in pretend play, or make them to fill up a lazy summer day! There’s really never a special reason required to make this fun summer craft.
Bomb Pop Popsicle Craft
It’s not hard to make these adorable bomb pom popsicles! They look just like the classic summer treat.
You’ll need just a few things to make the bomb pop popsicles:
- Red cardstock
- Blue cardstock
- White cardstock
- Pencil or marker
- Jumbo craft sticks
Stack your three papers up with red on top, white in the middle, and blue on the bottom. The bomb pop’s white section is a little larger than the other two, so keep that in mind.
Draw the outline of the bomb pop onto the paper like this.
Cut out the pieces.
Glue the bomb pop pieces together.
Once the paper dries, glue a jumbo craft stick to the bottom, and your bomb pop popsicle craft is done!
If you’re running short on time, try gluing the pieces together with hot glue. Hot glue dries so much faster than other glue, and is wonderful to use when kids don’t want to wait for traditional glues to dry! We often use hot glue in our crafts so that kids can play with their crafts that much faster!
4th of July Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids
- Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets
4th of July Activities
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Fireworks in a Jar – 4th of July Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft
- Founding Father George Washington Craft
- 4th of July Fireworks Craft with bleeding tissue paper
- Simple 4th of July Fireworks Crafts painted with TP roll
- Over 100 4th of July Activities and Crafts for Kids of all ages!
- 4th of July Firework Craft for Independence Day with free printable templates
- Tic-Tac-Toe on the GO
- or sneak in some history with this Declaration of Independence for Kids
Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Folded Paper Elephant Craft Bookmark
- Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft
- Outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away
- Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids
- Check out these toilet paper roll crafts
- Try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Clever Fall Crafts for Kids
- Silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- Letter Crafts sorted A-Z
- Learn your letters with these free printable alphabet crafts