Sneak in some fun practice with subtraction with this super cute, fun, and free printable 4th of July Math activity that uses patriotic subtraction mats with kindergarten and grade 1 students. Simply print pdf file with 4th of july printables and you are ready to practice subtracting numbers with a fun 4th of july activity for kids
4th of July Math
Whether you are making a complete fourth of July theme and are looking for educational activities like fourth of july worksheets to include in your 4th of july activities – these patriotic printables for Independence Day are perfect. Use this 4th of July Math activity to help kindergartners and grade 1 students practice subtraction.
4th of July Printables
Fourth of july printables
Why is it that adding comes so much easier to kids? In all my years of teaching, I can honestly say I have only had one kiddo that thought subtraction was easier. Your kids will love this fun Patriotic Subtraction Mats activity perfect for Presidents Day for Kids or to add to your list of 4th of July activities for kids.
Another way is to practice, is having children participating in expression sorts. Allowing children to participate in expression sorts builds their logic reasoning and can even prepare them for algebra.
It also helps children to begin to develop fluency in math. Though using manipulatives is an important part of learning addition and subtraction, it is also important that they begin to memorize basic addition and subtraction facts. Doing expression sorts numerous times allows children to become familiar with expressions and what they equal.
Free 4th of july printables
These free fourth of july printables are a wonderful way to participate in these sorts, and the patriotic theme makes them perfect for summer or labor day!
- Print off the subtraction mats and expressions on cardstock paper
- Cut out expression
- Put a magnet on the back of expression and use a cookie tray or place Velcro on mats and expression
Decide what numbers you want your child or children to work on, and pull out those mats and the expressions that match.
If your child is struggling to solve the expression provide some manipulatives. Show them how to count manipulatives to match the first number in the expression. Next help them take away the correct number. Finally, show them how to count what is left and help them realize that this is the answer! As they become more confident subtracting with manipulatives, see what they can do on their own from memory.
Enjoy this free printable and building your child’s logic reasoning and subtraction skills.
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft, FUN Subtraction BINGO, Goldfish subtraction games for Kindergarten
- Hungry Unicorn Subtraction – sensory math activities, Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Free Valentine’s day subtraction worksheets, Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards, Under the Sea Subtraction Games
- Roll and Smash within 6 subtraction activities, free Subtraction Smash within 10, and Roll & Subtraction Smash within 12
- Fill-in-the-Wheel Free Math Subtraction Worksheets, no-prep Subtraction Games for Kindergarten, and FREE Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Math Aquarium File Folder Game, Free Subtraction worksheets pdf you turn into a mini book
- Pot of Gold Subtraction Math Craft, Hibernating Animals Simple Subtraction Worksheets, Lemon Free Subtraction Worksheets for Kindergarten, Thanksgiving Math Worksheets, Subtraction Playdough Mats
- Animal Crack the Code Worksheet, school supplies Crack the Code Worksheet – simple addition and subtraction
- Christmas Fact Family Math, Watermelon Fact Family Worksheets, See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
- Math Mystery subtraction printables, Solve and Stamp Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
- Addition and Subtration Games Printable within 5, Gumball Math Addition and subtraction worksheets
- Fluency within 5 addition and subtraction fluency games, Subtraction & Addition Candy Corn Math Puzzles
- Hot chocolate math addition and subtraction fact family, Snowman Math, Christmas Fact Families – addition and subtraction worksheets
- Star Wars Math Activities: Addition and Subtraction to 20, Butterfly Addition and Subtraction Kindergarten
- Kindergarten Free Summer Math Worksheets, Math Cootie Catcher, Free Fact Family Worksheets
- Apple Kindergarten Math Worksheets and Nocturnal Animals Printable Addition and Subtraction Games
- We have thousands more Free Kindergarten Worksheets and Kindergarten Math Worksheets to make learning fun and easy for kindergartners!
4th of July Activities
- EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment, Fireworks in a Jar Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments or Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft or Salty Fireworks 4th of july crafts with free printable templates
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids or Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Rec, White, and Blue Patriotic Slime and Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages or try Fidget Spinner Firework 4th of July Crafts
- 4th of July Red White and Blue Experiment and Stars “Bursting” 4th of July Science Experiments
- Tic-Tac-Toe on the GO, 4th of July Firework Crafts with shaving cream
- Fourth of July Red White and Blue Science Experiment and Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft ,or Founding Father George Washington Craft, and Simple 4th of July Fireworks Crafts painted with TP roll
- FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet and American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids and 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with 4th of July Activity or Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets and free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft, Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids or American Symbols Worksheets
Patriotic Subtraction Mats
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.