Sneak in some fun practice with subtraction with this super cute, fun, and free printable 4th of July Math activity that uses patriotic subtraction mats with kindergarten and grade 1 students. Simply print pdf file with 4th of july printables and you are ready to practice subtracting numbers with a fun 4th of july activity for kids
4th of July Math
Whether you are making a complete fourth of July theme and are looking for educational activities like fourth of july worksheets to include in your 4th of july activities – these patriotic printables for Independence Day are perfect. Use this 4th of July Math activity to help kindergartners and grade 1 students practice subtraction.
4th of July Printables
Fourth of july printables
Why is it that adding comes so much easier to kids? In all my years of teaching, I can honestly say I have only had one kiddo that thought subtraction was easier. Your kids will love this fun Patriotic Subtraction Mats activity perfect for Presidents Day for Kids or to add to your list of 4th of July activities for kids.
Another way is to practice, is having children participating in expression sorts. Allowing children to participate in expression sorts builds their logic reasoning and can even prepare them for algebra.
It also helps children to begin to develop fluency in math. Though using manipulatives is an important part of learning addition and subtraction, it is also important that they begin to memorize basic addition and subtraction facts. Doing expression sorts numerous times allows children to become familiar with expressions and what they equal.
Free 4th of july printables
These free fourth of july printables are a wonderful way to participate in these sorts, and the patriotic theme makes them perfect for summer or labor day!
- Print off the subtraction mats and expressions on cardstock paper
- Cut out expression
- Put a magnet on the back of expression and use a cookie tray or place Velcro on mats and expression
Decide what numbers you want your child or children to work on, and pull out those mats and the expressions that match.
If your child is struggling to solve the expression provide some manipulatives. Show them how to count manipulatives to match the first number in the expression. Next help them take away the correct number. Finally, show them how to count what is left and help them realize that this is the answer! As they become more confident subtracting with manipulatives, see what they can do on their own from memory.
Enjoy this free printable and building your child’s logic reasoning and subtraction skills.
4th of July Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids
- Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets
4th of July Activities
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Fireworks in a Jar – 4th of July Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft
- Founding Father George Washington Craft
- 4th of July Fireworks Craft with bleeding tissue paper
- Simple 4th of July Fireworks Crafts painted with TP roll
- Over 100 4th of July Activities and Crafts for Kids of all ages!
- 4th of July Firework Craft for Independence Day with free printable templates
- Tic-Tac-Toe on the GO
- or sneak in some history with this Declaration of Independence for Kids
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery Printables
- Subtraction within 5 Printable Board Game
- Fluency within 5 Subtraction Games for Kids
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Subtraction Worksheets you turn into a mini book
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Gumball Math – practice adding and subtracting
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Build a Snowman Math Activity
- Candy Corn Subtraction Puzzles
- Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards Printable
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
Patriotic Subtraction Mats
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.