Independence day celebrations are not complete without a beautiful display of fireworks with the booming and crackling sound! This super cute curling ribbon crafts is a quick and easy Firework Crafts. There are lots of different firework craft ideas to make with kids, but these are so clever and unique, plus pretty too. Use this as a summer craft or as a 4th of july crafts for kids! All you need is construction paper, curling ribbon, and a pair of scissors and you are ready to make an easy craft for kids from preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th graders too. This independence day craft ideas for preschool is sure to be a hit in your classroom, daycare, summer camp, or at home.
Kids are always amazed by fireworks! They are so big they seem enormous to children as they take over the dark night sky with their bold, brilliant colors, unpredictable pattern, trailing effects, and loud booming! Fireworks are an American tradition for the Fourth of July, summer festivals, evenings at Disney World, and many, many other times. Help kids prepare for or remember the firework show with this really fun and easy to make firework craft for kids from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 2, students and more! This curling ribbon craft creates stunning firework crafts in red, white and blue for an independence day craft for kids or in assorted colors for a summer craft for kids!
Curling ribbon crafts
4th of July Crafts for Kids
Tie together the curling ribbon at the end on the backside of the black construction paper.
Summer Craft for Preschoolers
To keep the project nice and flat and secure, I suggest using tape to secure the knot to the back of the construction paper.
Easy summer crafts for kids
Show your child how to hold the curling ribbon (close to the construction paper) against the straight edge of scissors and sweep to the end to make the ribbon into a tight curl.
Summer arts and crafts for kids
After you’ve curled the ribbon, you can double the spray effect by using scissors to cut in the middle of a ribbon and gently pull it apart to create two (thinner) firework curls.
Summer art activities for preschoolers
Here is a very simple curling ribbon firework using 3 strips of ribbon where each ribbon was pulled into 2. Such a fun summer craft to make with kids of all ages!
4th of july crafts for preschoolers
Independence day craft ideas for preschool
This 4th of July craft is great for kids of all ages! Here is my daughters colorful fireworks craft my 7 year old made.
This makes such a fun, colorful fireworks craft that has so many options for kids from kindergarten to middle school.
4th of July Printables
Looking for more fun and FREE fourth of July printables? You will love these:
- Kids will have practicing number recognition while revealing patriotic hidden images in these FREE 4th of July Color by Number Worksheet
- The whole family will have fun playing this free printable 4th of July Bingo Game
- Super cute, free 4th of July Hat Craft
- Fourth of July I Spy – super cute 4th of July Worksheets
- Free 4th of July Worksheets for Preschool kids
- Learn more about the good old USA with these American Symbols Worksheets
- American Symbols for Kids themed worksheets
- Read, Color, and Learn about American Symbols for Kids
- Free Printable State Coloring Pages
- Have fun grilling with these 4th of July Activity counting with playdough mats
- Practice CVC Words with this fun, educational 4th of July Activity
- Color by Hundreds Chart 4th of July Worksheets
- Subtraction 4th of July Math Worksheets
4th of July Activities
- 100 FUN 4th of July Crafts & Activities for Kids
- Try this easy Fireworks 4th of July Craft
- Bleeding Tissue Paper 4th of July Crafts
- Print off these FREE 4th of July Coloring Pages to help kids learn about common patriotic symbols.
- Try this EASY Red, White and Blue 4th of July Science Experiment!
- Fireworks in a Jar – 4th of July Oil and Water Science Experiment
- Magic Milk 4th of July Science Experiments
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket 4th of July Science Experiment for Kids
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Firework 4th of July Crafts for Preschoolers
- Bomb Pop Fourth of July Craft
- Founding Father George Washington Craft
- 4th of July Fireworks Craft with bleeding tissue paper
- Simple 4th of July Fireworks Crafts painted with TP roll
- Over 100 4th of July Activities and Crafts for Kids of all ages!
- 4th of July Firework Craft for Independence Day with free printable templates
- Tic-Tac-Toe on the GO
- or sneak in some history with this Declaration of Independence for Kids
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Easy Button Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- 20+ Printable Roadtrip Games
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Balloon Craft Ideas
Looking for more fun ways to play with balloons this summer?
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Drop & Paint – Water Balloon Painting Activity
- Roll & Paint – Outrageously FUN Balloon Painting Activity for Kids
- Balloon Paint Art Project for Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Learning the Notes on a Staff with a FUN Music Activity for Kids
- Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting