This super cute Dr Seuss Craft features the cute, curious, and sometimes mischevious Thing 1 2 3. So it is only fitting to make a cute thing 1 and thing 2 handprint craft featuring children who are too. Use this thing 1 and thing 2 craft to celebrate Dr Seuss Day in March with a super cute and fun-to-make hand art project. This dr seuss activities for preschoolers is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students to celebrate a beloved children’s author on his birthday!
Thing 1 and thing 2 Craft
Are you looking for Dr Seuss projects to make together for a Dr Seuss Theme. We have cute dr seuss craft ideas that is fun to make at home, in the classroom, or at daycare too. I was so tickled at how our Dr. Seuss thing 1 and thing 2 handprint craft turned out I just had to share it with you!! We did ours on canvas to create a permanent childhood keepsake. But you could easily make this Dr Seuss Craft on regular paper or cardstock to make it durable but still easy to store with keepsake items. I love that you can make as many things as you need for the number of chidren in your family, grandkids, or kids in your class with this handprint thing 1 and 2. Use this as Dr Seuss art projects with kindergartners, preschoolers, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and dr seuss crafts for toddlers.
Dr Seuss Craft
To make this super cute thing 1 2 craft you need a few simple supplies:
- white canvas (size will depend on the size of your children’s hands and how many kids you have) or white cardstock
- red, white, and blue tempura paint
- paint brush
- sharpie marker
- baby wipes (optional, but make clean-up SO much easier!)
Thing 1 and thing 2 handprint craft
Paint child’s hand and all fingers EXCEPT their middle finger red. I found it less messy and more even to literally pain the palms and fingers of their hands instead of having them dip hands in a red puddle. Now, carefully guide them to spread their fingers and make a print on the canvas. We went in age order & I thought that turned out pretty cute.
Thoroughly clean off paint (we used baby wipes to make it quick ane easy. Repeat with all remaining children you are turning into Dr Seuss things next to them on a horizontal like so that the fingers are at the top of th canvas. Allow the paint to dry slightly to avoid children smearing the paint by accident!
Thing 1 handprint craft
Turn the canvas around to the handprints are upside down. Starting with the largest hand have the matching child paint their fingers only blue. Carefully guide them to make a print above their other hand print to make hair. Make sure to leave a 2-3″ gap for the face. Clean off hand & repeat the first two steps with the next child.
Thing one and thing two craft
Allow the project to dry. Now use white paint and a paintbrush to paint the spot between the red handprint bodies and the blue fingerprint hair white for the face.
Thing one handprint craft
Continue using the white paint to make a circle on each of the red palms. Allow it to dry.
Thing 1 thing 2 craft
After it is dry, use a sharpie marker to CAREFULLY (remember it’s permanent) to write Thing 1, Tthing 2, Thing 3, etc on the white circle on their bellies. Now make two eyes, a nose, and a mouth on their white faces.
Thing 1 thing 2 handprint craft
TADA! Here is the finished thing 1 and 2 handprint craft artwork. The kids & I LOVED how it turned out. Everyone wants to hang it in their room. The things look exactly like the thing 1 and thing 2 from Dr Seuss books like The Cat in the Hat.
Dr seuss crafts for preschoolers
This thing one handprint craft is especially fun for young children who thrive on tactile projects like hand print crafts! THe messier the better. But don’t worry, this is tame and easy to clean-up on the spot with baby wipes!
Dr Seuss Activities
Looking for more fun DR Seuss printables and dr seuss activity ideas? Check out these resources!
- LOTS of fun Dr Seuss Activities for kids of all ages!
- Dr Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2 Handprint Craft
- Free Dr Seuss Worksheets Preschool
- Dr Seuss Oobleck Recipe
- Dr Seuss Truffula Tree Craft
- One Fish, Two Fish Activities w/ FREE Dr Seuss Worksheets
- Truffula Trees Dr Seuss STEM Activities (The Lorax)
- Dr Seuss Craft Puffy Paint Leopard
- FREE Cat in the Hat Math for Kindergarten and Grade 1
- Fun Dr Seuss Preschool Activities
- Dr Seuss Preschool Red Fish Blue Fish Playdough Mats
Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Folded Paper Elephant Craft Bookmark
- Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft
- Outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away
- Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids
- Check out these toilet paper roll crafts
- Try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Clever Fall Crafts for Kids
- Silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- Letter Crafts sorted A-Z
- Learn your letters with these free printable alphabet crafts