Can your Kindergarten age child quickly add and subtract numbers to five without using their fingers? This is an important early math skill to help them achieve math fluency. If they need a little extra practice with addition within 5, they will love this fun and FREE addition and subtraction games printable to practice addition and subtraction. Simply print pdf file with template and have fun adding and subtraction within 5 with your first grade and kindergartners.
Addition and subtraction games printable
Did you know that kindergarten students should be able to fluently add and subtract within five? That means without fingers, manipulatives, or number lines. Don’t worry, we can help your kindergarten and grade 1 student practice adding within 5 using this fun, free printable math game! For some children being able to add and subtract within five fluently is easy. Numbers come easy to them, they have a good memory, or numbers just make sense. For others, though they understand the concept of adding and subtracting, being able to quickly answer simple problems without support requires more work.
Addition within 5 for kindergarten
Addition within 5
First, print pages back to back on card stock paper– if your printer does not do that, print off expressions first then flip paper and print off the backgrounds. Next, cut out cards using the front. I made the background a little bigger. This way when you cut it out in the front everything will line up perfectly. Finally, gather up game pieces and you will be ready to go.
Adding within 5
- Player one draws a game card, and solves the problem. They then find that answer on the game board and move their game piece to that spot.
- It is then player’s two turn, and they follow the same procedures!
- Players take turns until they have an answer that is not in front of their game piece. They then move to the END space! They are the winner!!
Mastering math facts don’t have to be boring! Practice time doesn’t even have to end in tears of frustration. Just grab your free games and enjoy playing with your child!
This is such a fun, hands on math game for kindergartners that helps achieve fluency while having FUN!
- Printable Addition Tic Tac Toe Math Game
- Gumball Math – Addition and Subtraction Practice
- 100 Epic Addition Activities
- Watermelon Addition Within 10 activity
- Fall Addition Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sleeping Beauty Color by Addition Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Goldfish Addition Practice
- Pot of Gold Addition Practice
- Rubber Duckie Kindergarten Math activity
- Planting Seeds Free Addition Games
- Math Addition Worksheets Mini Book – Adding 0-12
- Deck of Cards Free Addition Worksheets
- Disney Princess Flashcards – Addition
- Printable Number Bonds Games
- Free Addition within 10 Games Printable
- Turkey Addition Thanksgiving Math Worksheets
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Free Frog Math – Addition Game for Kids
- St Patricks Day Addition Practice
- Gingerbread Addition Math Game
- Math Mystery Pack – Solve Addition & Subtraction Word Problems
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery Printables
- Subtraction within 5 Printable Board Game
- Fluency within 5 Subtraction Games for Kids
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Subtraction Worksheets you turn into a mini book
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Gumball Math – practice adding and subtracting
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Build a Snowman Math Activity
- Candy Corn Subtraction Puzzles
- Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards Printable
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
Addition and subtraction within 5
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.