Can your Kindergarten age child quickly add and subtract numbers to five without using their fingers? This is an important math skill to achieve math fluency. If they need a little extra practice, they will love this cool math games to practice addition and subtraction.
Did you know that kindergarten students should be able to fluently add and subtract within five?
That means without fingers, maniputives, or number lines.
For some children being able to add and subtract within five fluently is easy. Numbers come easy to them, they have a good memory, or numbers just make sense. For others, though they understand the concept of adding and subtracting, being able to quickly answer simple problems without support requires more work.
This is where games come in. It allows children to repeatedly practice their facts in a fun, non pressure setting.
To help your kiddos master fluently adding and subtracting within five you could give this FREE Bingo game a try or this simple board game may be the key!
Addition and Subtraction Within 5 Math Game
- First, print pages back to back on card stock paper– if your printer does not do that, print off expressions first then flip paper and print off the backgrounds.
- Next, cut out cards using the front. I made the background a little bigger. This way when you cut it out in the front everything will line up perfectly.
- Finally, gather up game pieces and you will be ready to go.
How to Play Add and Subtract Within Five Game
- Player one draws a game card, and solves the problem. They then find that answer on the game board and move their game piece to that spot.
- It is then player’s two turn, and they follow the same procedures!
- Players take turns until they have an answer that is not in front of their game piece. They then move to the END space! They are the winner!!
Mastering math facts don’t have to be boring! Practice time doesn’t even have to end in tears of frustration. Just grab your free games and enjoy playing with your child! You’ve Got This!
Download Addition and Subtraction Within 5 Math Game
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.