Kids will love practicing addition and subtraction during December with super cute, free printable Christmas fact families. Simply print the pdf file with these Christmas Math Worksheets to help first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students sneak in some fun Christmas Math to make learning fun during the holidays.
Christmas Fact Families
We love using engaging educational activities to make Christmas learning fun for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students! Grab these Christmas fact families so students can practice adding and subtracting numbers and seeing the relationship these number bonds have with one another. These free math worksheets are such a great way to keep kids engaged and practicing math all month long!
Christmas fact family worksheets
1st grade math Christmas worksheets
Start by printing these 8 black and white Christmas math worksheets. There are in black and white to save you on printing costs!
- The pages get increasingly harder so start with #1
- There are two different versions to choose from – Christmas tree with ornaments or Santa Clause with presents in his sack.
Christmas subtraction worksheets
These Christmas addition worksheets are super simple and require no prep! Children will use the numbers on the ornaments on each tree to complete fact families for addition and subtraction problems.
For example, in the picture above the tree to the top left has ornament bulbs with the numbers 17, 33, and 16. In the Christmas tree, students will fill in the numbers to make the equations correct.
- 17 + 16 = 33
- 16 + 17 = 33
- 33 – 17 = 16
- 33 – 16 = 17
The Santa Fact Family Worksheets are more challenging. Children will need to pick from more numbers and make addition equations with the correct sum and subtraction equations with the correct difference. Pick numbers from Santa Clause’s red sack and write them on the lines of the gifts.
Children can use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to colour the pages and decorate their Christmas math sheets.
Another way so sneak in extra math practice is once children have soled the equations, have them coloring the problems that are great than __ (identified on each page). Again, totally optional, but a fun way to add in more math skills!
Looking for more fun, FREE, engaging printable holiday math worksheets? You will love these:
- Christmas Word Problems – solve the Christmas addition and subtraction problems using hands-on, printable Christmas tree and ornament manipulative
- Gingerbread Addition – Practice addition three ways with this fun Gingerbread addition game
- Christmas Fact Families practice addition and subtraction with 1st Grade Math Christmas Worksheets
- Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture color by code to practice counting to 100 while revealing the holiday image
- Solve and Stamp Christmas Math Worksheets using bingo dauber markers
- Christmas Math 4th Grade solve addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division problems to add pretty ornaments and presents to your Christmas tree.
- Roll and Cover Math Christmas Tree activity for preschool and kindergarten age children
- Cut and Paste Christmas Math Worksheets – practice adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing to complete the Christmas tree with festive decorations.
- Bingo Dauber Christmas Math Worksheets to help 1st grade and second grade students practice addition and subtraction in December
- Christmas Math Activities for prek and kinder age students working on patterns. Use the task cards and these Christmas playdough mats to decorate the gingerbread houses with this Christmas math printable.
- Christmas Skip Counting Puzzles make practicing math fun during the holidays with kindergartners
- Christmas Counting Book – help children practice counting to 30 as they add the correct number of decorations to the math trees and write numbers 1-30.
- Count to 20 with these super cute, free printable Math Christmas Tree Puzzles
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Gingerbread Pirates Christmas Worksheets
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Looking for more subtraction worksheets and subtraction games to make learning to subtract fun? Check out these subtraction math ideas and free resources:
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft
- Fun Addition and Subtraction Math Mystery Printables
- Subtraction within 5 Printable Board Game
- Fluency within 5 Subtraction Games for Kids
- Patriotic Subtraction Mats
- Subtraction Worksheets you turn into a mini book
- FUN Subtraction BINGO
- Thanksgiving Math Worksheets – Cut and Paste Subtraction Turkeys
- Gumball Math – practice adding and subtracting
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Build a Snowman Math Activity
- Candy Corn Subtraction Puzzles
- Subtraction Worksheets with a deck of cards
- Toy Story Subtraction Flash Cards Printable
- See even more FREE subtraction games worksheets!
Christmas Fact Families
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!