Looking for the best sidewalk chalk paint recipe? We think this sidewalk chalk is perfet because it is super quick, only uses 2-ingredients, and makes such bold, vibrant colors for kids to color with. Use this diy sidewalk chalk paint with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders to let their imaginations SOAR! Let them use the homeamade chalk to create dragons, butterlies, flowers, trees, aliens, and more. Creating and using homemade sidewalk chalk paingit such a fun, simple, and classic summer activity for kids of all ages!
Sidewalk Chalk Paint
Have you been busy adding things to your summe bucket list for kids? We have! I like to make sure we do all the fun things my kids were hoping to do, plus some zany new activities that they will talk about for years. My kids loved making homemade chalk a couple years back and so I thought we’d try making some sidewalk chalk paint this year. The problem is some recipes were overly complex and others used food coloring and the colors were so washed out they weren’t much fun to use. So I came up with this SUPER EASY sidewalk chalk paint recipe that only uses 2 ingredients! Yep, it’s really that simple. Plus the best part about this homemade sidewalk paint is that the colors are so rich, deep, and VIBRANT! Seriously, you’ve got to try this with your kids this summer!
Sidewalk Chalk Paint Recipe
The recipe for our sidewalk paint couldn’t be any easier, all you need is:
We love that this summer activity for kids is super EASY and virtually no prep, which leaves lots of time for fun. All you need to do is mix 1/3 cup of cornstarch with 1/3 cup of water and 2 Tablespoons of liquid paint. That’s it.
We mix the ingredients right in the no-spill paint containers, but you could easily use a disposable plastic cup or dixie cup if you prefer.
DIY Sidewalk Chalk Paint
This adds in an element of color matching for younger kids to put the right color paintbrush back in the same color of paint container!
This summer play recipe is so quick and easy that you’ll find you make it all the time!
Homemade Sidewalk Chalk Paint
Let kids spend lazy summer days drawing pictures of castles, flowers, rainbows, people, a house, cars, butterflies, etc.
Summer Activities for Kids
Not only is it loads of fun for hours and hours of unstructured PLAY, but it is such a bright, cheerful decoration for the driveway too.
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Free Camping Scavenger Hunt for kids
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids