This lego zipline is such a fun kids activity that you can make any time of the year or add to your summer bucket list for kids. This really fun lego zip line is not only a fun diy zipline project, but an educational STEM activity for kids! Try this diy zipline with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th graders too. We will show you how to make a lego zipline that is an EASY and EPIC lego activities for kids
When I first saw a LEGO zipline, made out of LEGO bricks I thought ‘oh that looks cute’. The more I looked at it, the more I realized just how much STEM went into the creation and execution of that zipline. This lego zipline challenge is definitely one of those learning through play experiences that my daughter goes crazy over! And so do I! So we decided to try this diy zipline and share how to make a lego zipline with you! This lego zip line is perfect for preschoolers, kindergartnare, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
My daughter loves to learn. She is interested in so many things and gets anxious to know more and more. Quite honestly, there are many times that I have to turn to the good old Google to find out an answer, but I am not ashamed of that. I love that my little girl is so curious about the world. I knew that my eager learner would want to know the mechanics of how this lego zipline stem project works. It’s not just a LEGO guy moving down a line, this diy zip line is way more than that! With summer break just around the corner. It’s time to start planning some amazing summer activities for kids. This zip line for kids is a mus for your summer bucket list!
How to make a lego zipline
The first step in showing you how to build a backyard Zip line is to gather the supplies. This lego zipline challenge activity only needs a few basic supplies you probably already have laying around your house!
- LEGO or Duplo bricks
- LEGO people
- Cord or thick string
Lego zip line
Next, before making the zipline lego ‘cage’, I showed my daughter a few videos of people zip lining. I showed her a few different ways that they can go and people can be strapped to the lines. Then I gave her the big bin of LEGOs that we have and told her to create her best zip lining ‘cage’.
She did a great job. It amazes me that kids can be so creative when given the right tools!
Lego zipline challenge
Tie the thick string to one stationary place. This could be a doorknob or a fence post, like we did.
Add the ziplining cage to the string and attach to a second stationary place. Depending on the layout of your home or outdoor set up, this could take a long piece of string. We thought about the swing set, but our rope wasn’t long enough.
DIY Zip Line
Start the zipline on one side and let it slide.
It was more difficult for the lego zip line to move across when the cord was even. This is mostly because the string was straight across. We untied one end and held it up higher and boy did that help!
Summer STEM Activity
Since this is just string tied to various points in the house or outdoors, you can experiment with various things. The handle on the fridge or dishwasher, the bulletin board, table and chair, side of the house, etc. Experiment and see which track works best for you!
It would be fun to make multiple zip line cages and race them!
- ⭐ READER FAVORTE – Lego Letters Alphabet Mats to build and trace letters from A-Z
- Trace Lego Numbers using bricks with these free printable duplo mats
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Under the Sea Lego Writing Prompts
- Lego Multiplication Flash cards printable
- Tons of Lego themed printable spelling test for kids
- Learn the books of the Bible with this hands-on Lego Bible activity for kids
- Back to School Lego Challenge Ideas
- Free Printable Halloween Lego Challenge
- Lego Alphabet Cards
- Lego All About Me Worksheets
- Free Lego Printables Activities for Kids Poster
- Use these Free Printable Lego Challenge Cards to learn about famous landmarks from around the world as they use their creativity to recreate these famous buildings from the Taj Mahal to the Eiffel Tower and 24 more.
- EASY Lego Balloon Car project for kids
- Journaling with Lego is a fun Lego writing prompts
- Squishy Circuits Lego Science Expeirments
- Kids will love making their own maze activity. If you use duplo blocks use a ping pong ball, if you use lego bricks use a marble.
- Hands-on Lego Spelling Game
- 100 Ideas for Learning with Lego Activities
- This simple-to-make Lego Zipline is great for teaching kids a variety of skills and having an EPIC afternoon.
- Lego Water Wheel Project
Summer Activities for Kids
- EASY Pool Noodle Race Track for Kids, 30 Homemade Bird Feeders to make, EPIC Water Balloon Painting Activities
- Fun-to-Make DIY Foosball Table, Easy Marshmallow Shooter, 100 Exciting Year-Round Science Experiments for Kids
- Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint, 25+ Water Balloon Games, Outrageously fun Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting, Grass Head Summer Activity for Kids, Easy Sand Volcano with NO clean-up
- Strawberry Scented Jello Playdough Recipe, Snake Bubbles, Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- 75+ Free Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids, 100 Amazing Food Science Experiments, cool Puffy Paint Recipes
- Simple and FUN Aluminum Foil Art, epic Mentos and Soda Experiment, Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY! and How to Make a Simple Newton’s Cradle Science Experiment
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment, EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids, and 2 ingredient slime
- Scented Watermelon Playdough Recipe, ocean slime, Pretty Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Blow GIANT bubbles Homemade Bubble Solution, fun water balloon experiment, Free Zoo Scavenger Hunt
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough, Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft or shaving cream fireworks
- Check out June Crafts and June Activities for Kids, July Crafts and July Activities for kids, August Crafts and August Activities for kids, and don’t miss 107+ things to do in the summer
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Make a Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet or PVC Marshmallow Blasters, whip up some edible marshmallow playdough, and then add smores free camping math worksheets or camping math activities for preschoolers, finally play some no-prep campfire games
- Play with homemade color changing slime, Sand Slime, or watermelon slime, Kool Aid Playdough , vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids, yummy sandcastle ice cream, or make your own aqua magic sand
- Try some summer projects: balloon hovercraft, DIY scribble bot, foosball summer activity for kids, easy pool noodle race track, flow in the dark fairy jar, GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution, FUN Bubble Painting, must try Lego Zipline, Homemade Chalk Recipe, yummy How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag, I Spy DIY Bottles, epic Squirt Gun Painting, must try rocket experiment, or Water Balloon Games for Kids
- Don’t miss summer science projects: Water Balloon Experiment exploring density, sunscreen experiment for kids, colorful lemon volcano experiment, Exploding Watermelon, Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket , amazing fireworks in a jar experiment, balloon rocket experiment for preschool, melting sandcastle summer experiment, and lots more summer science experiments
- Get crafty with EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art , Amazing Bubble Painting, Flower Mason Jar Lid Craft, EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids, Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids, bleeding tissue Paper Fireworks Craft, Tin Foil Art Project, over 100 animal crafts, salt fireworks 4th of July crafts, or First Day of Summer Craft
- Plan a Beach Theme week with Free Beach Worksheets, summer density tower, easy sand volcano, sandcastle letter tracing
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids including our popular Zoo Scavenger Hunt
- Nothing says summer like Ice Cream! Try our edible ice cream Playdough, make Playdough Patterns, super cool ice cream volcano, puffy paint ice cream
- Grab a free printable like our animal I Spy Printables, free life cycle of a frog worksheet, fun summer color by number, summer word search printables, free preschool coloring pages pdf, or math summer worksheets for kindergarten
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Kids, water Balloon Painting Activity, Roll & Paint Balloon Painting, Balloon Paint Art Project, Music Activity for Kids, Epic Ideas for Water Balloon Painting
- Find more summer bucket list ideas including: printable summer bucket list BINGO, Ice Cream summer bucket list activities, and over 100 summer activities for kids,