Kids will enjoy searching for state animals of all 50 US states with this fun and free State Animal Scavenger Hunt. This animal activity usese a map of american states with animal key for children to hunt for animals from each state! The USA printablesare such a fun, handy way for kids to learn about the United States of America with a printable scavenger hunt. This U.S. State Animal Scavenger Hunt is fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th garde students with cutepicture clues. Simply print the united states scavenger hunt pdf file in color or black and white and you are ready to play and learn!
U.S. State Animal Scavenger Hunt
Kids love hunting for things and with this free printable scavenger hunts for kids to use on a summer roadtrip, on a trip to the zoo, while exploring a national park, in a book scavenger hunt, or as a way to get some exercise. With these animal scavenger hunt ideas, children can search their local area, search through books or use while travelling around the country. Some of the animals kids will look for as they race to complete their scavenger hunt are: black bears, moose, white-tailed deer, beaver, coyote, raccoon and more. This United States scavenger hunt ideas is fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students throughout the whole year!
Animal Scavenger Hunt
United States Scavenger Hunt
This particular scavenger hunt contains one hunt that comes in both color and black and white as well as one that contains the items on one page and the map of the U.S. States on another page. Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare provider, or planning a fun camp or day out – you will love this no prep animal themed activity for kids of all ages.
For this particular animal themed scavenger hunt, children will search for the animal symbols for each state of the U.S. Once they find them, they will color in the State the animal belongs to. There is a hunt that contains the names of each State for younger children and one that is a blank map, without the States labelled for the older children. This is a great way for children to learn about the fifty States of the United States as well as their animal symbol.
Map of American States
This printable could also be used for counting practice, just have children count how many of each image they find. Children can place multiple ticks or tally marks next to that image and add them up when they have completed their hunt.
These pages come in both black and white as well as colour for you to choose from. With the black and white copies, children can color or decorate the images as they wish.
Free Printable Scavenger Hunt
Looking for ways to help teach and entertain kids at the same time? You will love these printable scavenger hunts for elementary age kids.
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of choices for younger kids and educational fieldtrip options too
- Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Library Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of options inlcuding search by genre, specific books, resource to get to know your library, using book catalog, and more!
- Reading Scavenger Hunt for the library
- Individual Book Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Nature Walk Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Free Camping Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Printable Farm Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Noun Scavenger Hunt
- Learn shapes with this fun, free printable Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Creative Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt
- Camping Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Scavenger Hunt BINGO
- Free Printable Indoor Scavenger Hunt PDF
- US Bird Scavenger Hunt Printable
- State Flowers for all 50 States Scavenger Hunt
- American State Animals Printable Savenger Hunt
- Over 76 FREE Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids
Seasonal Scavenger Hunts
- St Patricks Day Scavenger Hunt
- Easter neighborhood easter egg hunt
- Spring Scavenger Hunt – head out and explore your neighborhood or use as a car activity
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Kids will love this engaging Summer Scavenger Hunt
- Simple Nature Fall Scavenger Hunt
- Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt for kids – great way to learn about the different type of trees in your area
- Kids Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Luke 2 Christmas Story scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Christmas Scavenger Hunt – christmas decorations, christmas movie, christmas selfie
- J is for Jesus Candy Cane Scavenger Hunt
United States Lesson for Kids
Help children learn about the great country of the United States with these free printables and resources:
- Free Presidents of the United States for Kids
- American Symbols for Kids Worksheets filled with math and litearcy skills for pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too
- Printable States and Capitals Matching Game
- Printable USA Presidents Coloring Pages
- Voting for Kids – How Americans elect a new president
- United States Symbols Mats, Printable Scavenger Hunts
- Free Presidents Worksheets – Learn about all the American presidents
- US States I Spy Worksheets
- Patriotic Symbols Mini Book to read, color, and learn
- Painters Tape American Flag Craft
- Fun USA Geography Games for Kids – SNAP
- Easy REd White and Blue Science Experiment
- USA for Kids printable book to read, color and learn
- Free American Symbols Worksheets
- Fireworks Patriotic Craft
- United States Scavenger Hunt of State Birds
- FREE USA State Flowers Scavenger Hunt Printables for Kids
- 50 States Worksheets
- State Animals USA Printables Scavenger Hunt
- Super CUTE, Free State Coloring Pages
American History for Kids
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- We will make westward expansion for kids come alive for kids as they learn facts about the time period from about 1783-1898. In addition to learning about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, students will also learn to match animal trails, map the united states, and learn about North American animals too.
- Civil War for Kids – students will learn about slavery, famous Americans from the Civil War, famous battles, and how our nation stayed together. Lesson includes printable worksheets, mapping activities, printable civil war board game and more!
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
- Pennant History Posters to see US History At-a-Glance
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- Life in the 1940s America for Kids Reader
- Anne Frank for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn about this Jewish girl who lived behind the wall in Holland during World War 2
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
- Life in the 1960s for Kids Printable book to read, color and learn about life in the 1960s
- Learn about platform shoes, disco, the beginning of Star Wars and more with this 1970s for kids Reader
- 1980s for kids Reader to read, color, and learn!
- 1990s for Kids Printable Reader filled with information about fashion, technology, Presidents, and more!
- Learn about life for early 2000s Kids with these american history printables to read, color, and learn!
- Review what you’ve leanred with these American History Worksheets (Notebooking)
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!