Reading lessons can be fun with the right methods. This reading activity uses a free printable reading scavenger hunt to make practicing fun! Combing a reading lesson and a free printable scavenger hunt is just the thing to keep kids interested, engaged, and having fun learning. Simply print literacy scavenger hunt and you are ready to play and learn with kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders too!
Reading Scavenger Hunt
Who doesn’t love a scavenger hunt? This reading scavenger hunt includes a variety of different literacy activities for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. Simply grab the reading pirntable that works on the skill (s) you’d like. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – this reading activity is sure to be a hit with your students.
Print out the Read, Hunt, and Discover Printable Set. You will find four page to engage your child. You can use these pages to reinforce your current lessons. Let’s go over the pages in the pack.
- Vowel Scavenger Hunt: While your child is reading this sheet encourages your child to write down one word with a short vowel sound and one with a long vowel sound. This page can be printed to use with each reading or just as your child reinforce the skill.
- Find 5 Word Hunt: This sheet challenges your child to find 5 verbs, 5 adjectives, 5 nouns, and 5 pronouns during your child’s reading time.
- Literacy Hunt: This is a fun page for your child. You can use it with your child’s current reading material, as an indoor scavenger hunt, and outdoor nature literacy walk, or among several different reading materials.
- Book Scavenger Hunt: This sheet can be used as a fun all day challenge with your books at home or books in the library. Your child can also use this sheet over time while reading different books through the school year.
Literacy Scavenger Hunt
Tips for Using the Read, Hunt, and Discover Printable Set
If your child finds that using these sheets while reading overwhelming, you can use the sheets to find words during an indoor or outdoor word hunt. Your child can find vowels around the house or complete the Find 5 Word Hunt in the backyard. Find applications for these sheets outside of reading a text as a warm up.
Free Printable Scavenger Hunt
Looking for ways to help teach and entertain kids at the same time? You will love these printable scavenger hunts for elementary age kids.
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of choices for younger kids and educational fieldtrip options too
- Printable Flower Scavenger Hunt
- Library Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of options inlcuding search by genre, specific books, resource to get to know your library, using book catalog, and more!
- Reading Scavenger Hunt for the library
- Individual Book Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Nature Walk Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Free Camping Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Printable Farm Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Noun Scavenger Hunt
- Learn shapes with this fun, free printable Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Creative Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt
- Camping Scavenger Hunt for Kids
- Scavenger Hunt BINGO
- Free Printable Indoor Scavenger Hunt PDF
- US Bird Scavenger Hunt Printable
- State Flowers for all 50 States Scavenger Hunt
- American State Animals Printable Savenger Hunt
- Over 76 FREE Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids
Seasonal Scavenger Hunts
- St Patricks Day Scavenger Hunt
- Easter neighborhood easter egg hunt
- Spring Scavenger Hunt – head out and explore your neighborhood or use as a car activity
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Kids will love this engaging Summer Scavenger Hunt
- Simple Nature Fall Scavenger Hunt
- Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt for kids – great way to learn about the different type of trees in your area
- Kids Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Luke 2 Christmas Story scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Christmas Scavenger Hunt – christmas decorations, christmas movie, christmas selfie
- J is for Jesus Candy Cane Scavenger Hunt
Language Arts Activities for Kids
- Cars Punctuation Games
- Cut and Paste Sentences Worksheets
- Connect 4 Spelling Practice Worksheets – work with any list!
- Free Writing Prompts – LOTS for elementary age students with rules lines, creative prompt calendars, and more!
- Detective Themed Dictionary Skills Worksheets
- Taboo Grammar Games for Kids
- Band Aid Contraction Game
- Minion Contraction Games
- Synonyms and antonyms worksheets
- Contraction Bingo Game
- Doctor Contraction Words Game
- Synonym Puzzles for Kids
- Printable Homograph Games
- FREE Animal Antonyms Puzzles
- Contraction Dominoes
- Dinosaur Bones Punctuation Game
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activities
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game
- Marshmallow Incident’s Noun and Verb Games Printable
- Free Spelling Dictionary
- Or learn about parts of speech with Taboo Grammar Game
- Practice Building Sentences with this Pizza Parlor Activity
- Parts of Speech BINGO – practice with noun, verb, adverb, adjectives, and more!
- Free Reading Log Printables – including Cars, Frozen, summer, and so many more!
- S’more Complete Sentences Game
- Solve it! Parts of Speech Games Printable
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Free Book Report Template
Other Resources you will like:
- Fun Clock Mazes are a free printable Telling Time Games
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.