Help remind kids what the real meaning of Christmas is with this free printable J is for Jesus Candy Cane Scavenger Hunt. This is Christmas scavenger hunt for kids is fun for the whole family as an advent activities for families. Use this christmas activity for kids with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. Simply download pdf file with candy cane printable and you are ready to play!
J is for Jesus Candy Cane Scavenger Hunt
Christmas is purely magical. Even the grinch had a change of heart, it’s hard not to when you’re surrounded by such happiness. Christmas is more than elves, Santa, and presents. The true meaning of Christmas is the most important Christmas story for us to teach our kids. This Candy Cane Scavenger Hunt can help us remind our children of the true story and why it is significant. This is a fun candy cane activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, Sunday school lessons at church, and families as part of Christmas devotions or small group activities.
Candy Cane Meaning
The Legend of the Candy Cane is a fun object lesson to remind kids the Christmas story is all about Jesus. In case you don’t know the poem or story:
Look at the Candy Cane, What do you see?
Stripes that are red like the blood shed for me.
White is for my savior, who’s sinless and pure!
J is for Jesus My Lored, that’s for sure!
Turn it around and a staff you will see.
Jesus my shepherd was born for me!
Candy Cane Activities
We’ve turned it into a candy cane scavenger hunt with a fun printable scavenger hunt to help kids have fun while reiterating the importance of the story. This is such a fun candy cane activitiy for families in December.
Each strip of the scavenger hunt has a different part of the poem. Parents can hide the slips around the house or teachers around the room. Once the strips are all found, kids can put them in order of the poem.
Prepping this activity is super simple. You can simply print and cut the strips out. If you want to be able to use these strips again for years to come, laminating is suggested.
Advent activities for families
Once you have prepped it, tape the strips in random places that aren’t too difficult but not easy either. Kids that enjoy a challenge will love searching.
Not only is this activity helping children remember the real meaning of Christmas but it is helping with their critical thinking skills. They must use critical thinking to not only find the strips but then put them in order. This is also a fantastic gross motor activity because I’m sure your kids are going to sprint the moment you say GO!
Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas science ideas? Check these out!
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Spinning Tree Christmas STEM Activities
- Magic Melting Peppermint Candy Christmas Science Experiment
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment
- Lots of Christmas Science Experiments Kids will love!
- Beautiful Borax Crystal Christmas Tree Science Experiment
- Melting Christmas Tree Science Experiment for December
- Rudolph Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Magic Milk Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe
- Christmas Fluffy Slime Recipe
- Easy Candy Cane Science Experiment
- Simple Oil and Water Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- 100+ Christmas Crafts and Activities
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Free Christmas Worksheets
Looking for more huge Christmas Worksheets to make practicing math and literacy fun for kids? You will love these huge, free printable packs for December!
- Christmas Around the World Worksheets
- Super Cute FREE Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Snowman Worksheet Pack
- Nativity Worksheets Printable Pack
- Nutcracker Worksheets for Kids
- Polar Express Telling the Time Worksheets
Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!