Earth Day is a great time to teach kids about caring for the planet. Kids will enjoy getting out and walking around the neighborhood, getting some exercise, while searching for different items such as a bird, flower and worm, as part of this Earth Day Scavenger Hunt. This Earth Day activity is fun for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade students as it contains not only the name, but a cute picture too. Simply download earth day worksheets pdf file with spring scavenger hunt in color or black and white and you are ready to play!
Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
Kids love going on a Earth Day Scavenger Hunt as they search for things related to recycling, nature, and convservations to celebrate Earth day for kids. This earth day activity uses a earth day scavenger hunt for kids to keep children moving about and getting some exercise. With these earth day scavenger hunt ideas children can search for different everyday objects such as: leaves, bird, butterfly, flower, grass, tree, plant, candy wrapper, can, car, litter, bicycle, water bottle and more. This outdoor scavenger hunt ideas is fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students during April to celebrate Earth Day on April 22nd.
Earth day scavenger hunt printable
Now print off one of the two different Earth Day scavenger hunts! You can print the free scavenger hunts in cheerful color or in black and white to save on printing costs. You can also laminate the pages for durability and then our child can use a dry erase marker to do the treasure hunt over and over again!
Earth day activity
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare provider, or planning a spring camp – you will love this no prep spring activity for kids of all ages. Place the Earth Day scavenger hunt for kids checklist onto a clipboard or similar and give them to your child with a marker, crayon or pencil.
- Walk around your local area or neighborhood, marking off the images as you find them.
- If the page is laminated, children can use a dry-erase marker to mark off the items then wipe clean when finished. Then the checklist can be used multiple times by multiple children. You could even team up an older child who can read with a younger one who is still learning.
- For older children, you could even put a time limit on it and prizes for those who can find the items within the set time.
Spring Scavenger Hunt
For this particular free scavenger hunt, children will need to walk around outside complete this activity, so may need a parent, or guardian to go with them. You could even carry a few copies of this hunt in your car with you and when you stop in a different area or location and have time, children can complete the hunt while there.
This printable could also be used for counting practice, just have children count how many of each image they find. Children can place multiple ticks or tally marks next to that image and add them up when they have completed their hunt.
These pages come in both black and white as well as colour for you to choose from. With the black and white copies, children can color or decorate the images as they wish.
Earth Day for Kids
- Super Cute Free Printable Earth Day Hat
- 40+ Earth Day Crafts for Kids
- Teach children to reduce, reuse, and recycle with this Earth Day Game
- Earth Day I Spy Worksheets
- Simple Earth Day Coloring Pages
- Earth Day Sensory Bottles for Kids
- Earth Day Shape Clip Cards, Earth Day Game Cards, or Earth Day Tracing and Cutting Strips
- FUN Playdough Earth Layers
- Homophone Puzzles for your Earth Day Theme
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Where do I Live Printable Activity
- Happy Earth Day Craft
- Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Printable Earth Day Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills with pre-k and kindergartners
Free Printable Scavenger Hunt
Looking for ways to help teach and entertain kids at the same time? You will love these printable scavenger hunts for elementary age kids.
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of choices for younger kids and educational fieldtrip options too
- Easter neighborhood easter egg hunt
- Luke 2 Christmas Story scavenger Hunt
- Christmas Christmas Scavenger Hunt – christmas decorations, christmas movie, christmas selfie
- Kids Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Nature Walk Scavenger Hunt Activity
- J is for Jesus Candy Cane Scavenger Hunt
- Noun Scavenger Hunt
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt for kids – great way to learn about the different type of trees in your area
- Library Scavenger Hunt – LOTS of options inlcuding search by genre, specific books, resource to get to know your library, using book catalog, and more!
- Simple Nature Fall Scavenger Hunt
- St Patricks Day Scavenger Hunt
- Creative Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Scavenger Hunt – head out and explore your neighborhood or use as a car activity
- Scavenger Hunt BINGO
- Free Printable Indoor Scavenger Hunt PDF
- Over 76 FREE Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Earth Day Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!