Now that spring has arrived and summer isn’t far behind, everyone is anxious to get out and enjoy the weather. It’s a perfect time to take the kids on a nature walk.
Summer Science with Kids
Nature Walk with Kids
Even if you have never done nature study before, now is a great time to begin. Nature study offers several benefits to children. Let’s explore three of them.
- Time spent in nature develops a foundation of science for your children. Children learn to investigate and observe the world around them. As they form these connections they will bring this experience to further study in science.
- Nature study allows your child to feel a sense of stewardship over the earth. They learn a respect for the world around them and desire to care for it and enjoy what it has to offer.
- A child’s curiosity blossoms as he is prompted to ask questions and seek the answers such as “What bug is this and how does it live?”
“There is no part of a child’s education more important than that he should lay, by his own observation, a wide basis of facts towards scientific knowledge in the future” –Charlotte Mason
Print out these free printables and begin your nature study today! The process is simple and fun. Your kids will enjoy this student-led activity. If you want more details read this quick start guide and get out there and have fun!
Download Nature Walk Worksheets for Kids
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.