Now that spring has arrived and summer isn’t far behind, everyone is anxious to get out and enjoy the weather. It’s a perfect time to take the kids on a nature walk for kids. Use these nature walk activity sheet pages to make your walk not only fun, but educational too! Use the nature walk printable with kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders. Simply print pdf file with nature walk worksheet and you are ready to explore and learn!
Nature walk activity sheet
Teach kids to slow down and enjoy nature with nature walks activity for kids. Help preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students make observations and learn to write down what they observe with these nature walk activity sheets. There are several activities in these nature walk observation sheet for a NO PREP, guided science activty with kids. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these engaging activities perfect for spring, summer, and fall!
Free nature walk activity sheet
Nature walk worksheet
Even if you have never done nature study before, now is a great time to begin. Nature study offers several benefits to children. Here are three ideas to explore nature with nature worksheets for kindergarten or nature worksheets for preschoolers.
- Time spent in nature develops a foundation of science for your children. Children learn to investigate and observe the world around them. As they form these connections they will bring this experience to further study in science.
- Nature study allows your child to feel a sense of stewardship over the earth. They learn a respect for the world around them and desire to care for it and enjoy what it has to offer.
- A child’s curiosity blossoms as he is prompted to ask questions and seek the answers such as “What bug is this and how does it live?”
Free printable nature worksheets
“There is no part of a child’s education more important than that he should lay, by his own observation, a wide basis of facts towards scientific knowledge in the future” –Charlotte Mason
Print out the free printable nature worksheets and begin your nature study today! The process is simple and fun. Your kids will enjoy this student-led nature activities for kids. If you want more details read this quick start guide and get out there and have fun!
- All About Whales Lesson
- Life Cycle of a Frog Worksheets
- HUGE Weather Unit for elementary age kids
- Printable COnstellation Flashcards
- Zoo Fieldtrip Worksheets
- My Five Senses Book
- I Spy Simple Machines for Kids Printable Activity
- Watermelon Life Cycle Spinner
- Parts of a Plant Flip Book
- Solar SYstem Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- HUGE Free Solar System Unit (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- Animal Report TEmplate
- Sea Turtles Lesson for Kids
- Hibernating Animal Worksheets
- Endangered Animal Worksheets
- Human Cells Worksheets for Kids
- Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for kids of all ages!
- Farm Animals and their Babies Printable Puzzles
- Skeletal System Worksheets
- The Scientific Method Worksheets
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments for kids – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action science experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on Science experiments with batteries
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon science experiment that explores density
- Water Displacement Candy Science Experiment
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Easy Rubber Band Powered Car
- Paint Stick Solar System Project for Kids
- Easy Ping Pong Ball Bernoulli’s experiment
- Fun-to-Make Lego Balloon Car Project
- Candy Corn Catapults STEM Project for Kids
- EPIC Exploding Snowman Science Experiment for Winter
- Melting Christmas Science Experiments
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Experiment
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure science project
- Amazing POP rocks science experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines science projects kids will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Science Experiment
- 4 Fun Skeletal System Project Ideas
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this Dying Flowers Science Experiment
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- Human Body Project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Project
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Memorable Life Size Skeletal system science project – includes free printable template
- Lego Electricity Science Experiments
- Marshmallow Shooters STEM Activity
- Find LOTS more Easy Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
Nature walk observation sheet
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank you so much for sharing!!!
This is excellent for the nature walk we just went on as a class. Thank you so much for it.