If you are looking for a really fun leaf craft to make this spring or fall, you will love this leaf craft ideas! Use this leaf craft activities with preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and up! I love using nature to inspire art for a fun and memorable craft. Simply print our umbrella craft template and you are ready to make this super cute rain craft for kids.
Kids will have so much fun creating a rainy scene with this Ginkgo Leaf Umbrella Craft! If you don’t have any gingko leaves, that’s ok! Try using different types of leaves, flowers, or other natural materials to create the umbrella! You could even create an umbrella from a cereal box or cardboard. This printable is extremely versatile and requires minimal supplies! It’s perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and elementary age kiddos. Even adults will enjoy creating this sweet picture alongside children. Read on to learn how to make your own unique and whimsical scene!
Leaf craft activities
To make this Gingko Leaf Umbrella Craft, you will need these materials:
- Gingko Leaf Umbrella Printable
- Gingko Leaves (or a different leaf type, flower, etc.)
- Paint brushes
- White Glue
- Cardstock- Optional but recommended for the printable template
Leaf craft ideas
To create this fun and colorful scene, follow these steps:
- Go for a walk! Find leaves, small sticks, flowers, or any other nature piece that catches your eye. Enjoy your time outside together!
- Print the template, preferably on cardstock. This will hold up to the watercolor paint.
Fall leaf crafts
Use watercolors to paint your rainy scene! Have fun with it! Try painting the entire background in different colors or just paint the raindrops! Try painting your printable with different colors like a rainbow! There are many ways you can decorate this adorable bunny dancing in the rain! Try using crayons, stickers, or stamps! Your imagination is the limit here! What will you come up with?
Spring leaf crafts
Once your paint dries, add a dab of glue to attach the gingko leaf umbrella. Allow the glue to dry before moving your art around.
Once your piece has dried, hang your picture in a place for all to see! Enjoy!
For more fun crafts from Brainy Beginnings Network, check out these ideas!
Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Folded Paper Elephant Craft Bookmark
- Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft
- Outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away
- Floral Unicorns, Cardboard Birds, Lentil Pumpkin Art
- Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids
- Check out these toilet paper roll crafts
- Try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Clever Fall Crafts for Kids
- Silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- Letter Crafts sorted A-Z
- Learn your letters with these free printable alphabet crafts
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.