If you are looking for some fun ideas to get your child writing more, I’ve got you covered. These may writing prompts are print and go! Each page of these writing prompts for may include ideas for writing about may themes, fun holidays, and other engaging ideas plus a piture to color and ruled lines to help young children write carefully. Use these may writing prompts kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grders too. Simply download pdf file with may journal prompts and youa re ready to improve wriitng skills this spring!
May writing prompts
These may writing prompts contain a black & white illustration your child can colour as well as a writing prompts for may and a place to write. Use these may journal prompts with kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. Topics included are mothers day, cinco de mayo, memorial day, national bike month, space day, national chocolate chip day, and so many more!
May journal prompts
Writing prompts for May
Each writing prompt includes 2 verions: may writing prompts for kindergarten or may writing prompts for first grade with three lines per page AND smaller lined paper to use as may writing prompts 2nd grade, as well as may writing prompts 3rd grade, and may writing prompts 4th grade with 6 lines per page. The May writing prompts include:
- Mother’s Day writing prompts
- Cinco de Mayo writing prompts
- Memorial Day writing prompts
- National Bike Month writing prompts
- Space Day writing prompts
- National Chocolate Chip Day writing prompts
- If I were going to design a new stamp I would make it look like this because…
- What would you like to be when you grow up and why?
- What is your favorite toy you own and why?
- I am afraid of _____ because …
- and more!
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Plus don’t miss these fun resources and ides for May
- fun May Activities for Kids
- May Activity Calendar with Book Based Activities
- Free May Writing Promtps Calendar
- Star Wars Worksheets for May the 4th Day
- Cute May Crafts for Kids
- Star Wars Writing Prompts for Kindergarten
Free Writing Prompts
Looking for more writing activities? Try these
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Roll a Character – Fun Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Jungle Writing Prompts
- Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Spring Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Pattern Writing
- March Writing Prompts
- Farm Writing Prompts
- Whale Ocean Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Free Winter Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Free Autumn Writing Prompts
- **Plus don’t miss all 500+ pages of Fun Writing Prompts for kids of all ages!
Download May Writing Prompts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!