Spring is finally here! What better way to get your students in the mood than bring spring into their learning. These digraph activities are digraph puzzles to make a fun way to get kindergarten, first garde, and 2nd graders engaged and excited about their learning. Simply download pdf file with spring printables and you are ready to play and learn in March, April, and May with a Spring Activities for Kids.
Spring Digraph Puzzles includes 5 digraph puzzles in color and black and white options. This digraph activities is perfect for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students to improve their reading and spelling skills whiel having fun with an rainy spring theme. These spring activities kindergarten include the blends and digraphs of: ch words, ph words, sh words, th words, and wh words.
Each digraph activity puzzle contains five pieces. One piece has an umbrella and raindrops with the digraph. The remaining four pieces each have a different picture of something that contains the corresponding digraph.
Spring Activities for Kids
It is recommended that you print these on cardstock and laminate prior to use. This will allow you to reuse this printable year after year! Next cut out each puzzle. I prefer to cut out each puzzle with a paper cutter and then go back and cut the puzzles out with scissors. Each puzzle will have two pieces.
Spring Activities Kindergarten
Students will start this activity by placing all of the puzzles pieces on the floor. First, they will use an umbrella digraph puzzle piece. I would always encourage my students to say and trace the digraph with their finger.
Next, they will sort through all of the puzzle pieces looking for the puzzle pieces that matches the the digraph.
Once all four digraphs have been placed around the umbrella puzzle piece, the puzzle is complete.
Students will continue these steps until all puzzles have been finished.
What I LOVE about these is that there is a black and white option. This allows students to take ownership in their learning and decorate their own puzzles. I promise they will have so much fun.
Younger students, and even struggling students, may overwhelmed by all twenty puzzles at once. If this is the case, it is recommended that you provide students with only a portion of the puzzles. Once they master those, then you can slowly add in more puzzles until all twenty are included.
Digraph and Blends
As children progress in phonics they work on digraphs and blends. Digraphs are two consonants that make one sound such as /TH/ sys thumb. Consonant blends have two constonants that each still make their own sound such as . If you are looking for more blends for kids games, worksheets, and activities? Check out these resoures or see all our digraph activities or consonant activities.
- Spring Digraph Activity Puzzles
- Printable Digraph Game for working on sh, ch, th words
- Ice Cream Puzzles Digraph Game for summer learning
- Build-a-Digraph Puzzle – Digraph Activity
- Digraph BINGO Game
Mastered digraphs? Move on to trigraphs for kids! These words are 3 constonants that make one sound such at
- Trigraph Printables – color and read trigraphs
- Printable Trigraph Readers – set #2
- Trigraph Workhseets – cut and paste to learn trigraph words
- Bingo Dauber Trigraph Worksheets make learning fun
- THR Word Activity with playdough!
- Trigraph Phonics Blending Games
Consonant blends activities
Other Literacy Activities you may enjoy:
- Free Ending Blends Worksheets
- Spring Bee Initial Blends Game
- Consonant Blends Games (puzzles in color or black & white)
- Blue Bird Initial Blends Activity
- Read and Color Free Blends Worksheets
- Dab a Blend – Ending Blends Worksheets in First Grade
- Final Blends Game
- Hands-on L Blend Worksheets
- Graph a Blends Activity
- Final Consonant Blends Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Mitten Initial Blend Puzzles – Winter activities for first grade
- Ending S Blends Activity
- L Blends Fun Pack, TH Blends Fun Pack, or R Blends Fun Pack
- Leaf Puzzle Blends – fall activities for first grade
- Th Worksheets – reading the words in sentences
- Color by Blend Worksheet
- Clip Card Consonant Blends Activities
- Find and Dot Ending Blends Activities
- Reading phonics blends
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Download Spring Digraph Puzzles
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.