If you are looking for some fun ideas to get your child writing more, I’ve got you covered. Here is the next in my free printable Writing Prompts series for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students, April Writing Prompts.
Kids need a lot of practice writing to become proficient writers. By writing they can practice spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and learn how to express themselves. These are all crucial skills they will need the rest of their lives.
However, many relucatant writers don’t want to practice. In this printable pack we have pages of creative writing prompts to encourage children from kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 to write! We’ve included holidays, special days, and seasonal fun. In addition, we’ve included two different style of lined pages to make them perfect for students no matter where their writing skills are.
April Writing Prompts
Each sheet has both large Kindergarten / 1st grade paper with three lines per page and smaller lined paper for upper elmentary age children with 6 lines per page.
Spring Writing Prompts
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these spring themed creative writing prompts to encourage children of all ages to write more. Some of the ideas included are:
- April Fools Writing Prompts
- Spring Weather
- Earth Day
- National Children’s Book Day
- National Sibling Day
- and more!
April Writing Ideas
These april writing prompts kindergarten, april writing prompts 1st grade, april writing prompts 2nd grade, april writing prompts 3rd grade, and april writing prompts 4th grade are a great way to make learning fun the whole month long.
Creative Writing Prompts for Kids
Looking for more free printable creative writing prompts? You will love these ideas:
- April Writing Prompts Calendar – prefer an idea, but want kids to write in their own journals? Grab this calendar to get students writing every school day
- Unicorn Writing Prompts
- May Writing Prompts
- Printable Thank you Notes
- Roll a Character Fun Writing Activity
- Free Printable Handwriting Paper
Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Amazing Bubble Painting Project
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Giant Bubble Solution
- Edible Ice Cream Playdough Recipe
- AMAZING Tin Foil Art
- Color by Number Summer
- Squirt Gun Painting
- Mason Jar Flower Craft for Kids
- 40 FUN April Activities for Kids
- April Crafts for Kids
- Easy Ice Cream in a Bag
- Blowing Colorful Clouds (Summer Activity for Kids)
- Handprint Strawberry Craft
- Homemade Lava Lamp – epic activity for kids of all ages
- Lego Activities for Kids Poster – print this list of fun ideas for your day
- April Stories for Kids – printable calendar filled with activities
Download April Writing Prompts
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!