Get inspired with over 130 creative and fun activities and spring crafts for kids. We have found the BEST spring craft ideas for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too! From pretty flowers, umbrellas, butterflies, rainbows, and more – these spring activities for kids are sure to be a hit with your kids. We have ideas for spring math, liteacy spring science experiments, clever spring snacks, and of course FREE spring printables!
Spring Crafts for Kids
Although it seems like Spring might never come for us mid westerners, with lots of snow still on the ground, it is just around the corner. It’s time to get planning for a fun, intentional spring of memory building with our kids! We have lots of fun spring crafts for kids to pick from including flower crafts, butterfly crafts, rainow crafts, and so much more! These spring crafts for preschoolers are for all ages from toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students too! But we have more than just kids spring crafts, we’ve gathered lots of spring activities for kids including spring math, spring science, and so much more! Let’s celebrate spring this March, April, and May with these spring crafts for toddlers super fun spring themed crafts, activities and ideas!
These spring craft ideas for kids will fill your house with gorgeous flowers, rainbows, bugs, butterflies and more!
- Umbrella Craft with Raindrops by Mama Jenn.
This spring craft includes such a fun way to make raindrops
- Footprint Ladybug from Crafty-Crafted
Make a cute ladybug from your child’s footprint.
- Flower Paper Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Make these cute 3D paper flowers.
- Fork Painted Flower Cards from Glued to My Crafts.
Make these gorgeous spring cards with this easy stamping technique.
- Tissue Paper Rainbows by Coupons are Great
Fill your windows with color with this beautiful rainbow craft.
- Tie Dye Spring Flowers using Bingo Markers from Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
This flower craft is so bright and colorful!
- Painted Flower Craft for Kidsfrom 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This painted flower craft for kids is simple, yet has a beautiful results.
- Pop Up Butterfly Craft from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This simple pop up butterfly craft is fun to make for kids of all ages.
- Rainbow Crayon Tutorial from Not Just a Housewife
Recycle old crayons to make new rainbow crayons.
- Spring Ink Pad Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids of all ages will love making this fun spring craft.
- Watercolor Coffee Filter flowers from Hands on As We Grow.
These pretty coffee filter flowers are a perfect spring craft.
- Tissue Paper Butterflies from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Use the free printable template to make your very own colorful butterfly
- Spring Photo Garden from Crazylou.
Make a spring garden full of flowers made for your family’s smiling faces!
- Paper Plate Birds from Happy Hooligans.
This paper plate bird craft is so cute and easy, and perfect for spring.
- Beaded Butterfly Craft from Crafts by Amanda
These little butterflies are great for working on fine motor skills and they look super cute too.
- Simple Windsock Craft for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These bright rainbow colored windsocks will look gorgeous blowing in the spring breeze.
- Rainbow Wind Catchers from A Pretty Cool Life.
These beautiful rainbows are fun to make and look amazing blowing in the spring breeze.
- Caterpillar Necklace Craft from Buggy and Buddy.
Make your own very hungry caterpillar necklace to wear.
- Egg Carton Flowers from I Heart Arts N Crafts.
You could make a whole bouquet of these pretty egg carton flowers for spring.
- DIY Binoculars from Crafts by Amanda.
Get the kids outside spying spring things with these fin binoculars.
- Spring Wreath from Toddler Approved.
Decorate your house for spring with this fun wreath craft.
- Bubble Wrap Rain Craft by 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Everyone will love making these fun rainy spring pictures.
- Bead Flower Craft for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This simple and easy craft idea makes lovely flowers.
- Recycled Plastic Bottle Wind Spinner from Crafts by Amanda.
This such a fun craft to make and hang outside.
- Chick Handprint Card Craft from Simple Everyday Mom.
Make a cute spring chick card to send to someone special.
- Painting with Flowers from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Try this fun painting activity with spring flowers.
- Giant Rainbow Collage from The Imagination Tree.
This giant rainbow will look absolutely amazing up on the wall.
- Painted Rock Mosaic by Education.com
Try this unusual flower craft.
- Spin Art Paint Flower Craft for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will have a blast making these colorful spring flowers!
- Rainbow Pour Painted Pots from Dilly Dali Art
These rainbow colored pots would make a great gift with a spring plant in them.
- Make Your Own Birdfeeders from The Happier Homemaker.
The kids will love making these and watching the birds come to feed from them.
- Spring Flower Hand Art Craft for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This hand print art idea is such a fun spring art project for kids of all ages.
- Painted Butterfly Doily Craft from A Little Pinch of Perfect.
Make some of these beautiful spring butterflies.
- Coffee Filter Rainbow Craft from Darcy and Brian.
These cheerful little rainbows will help celebrate the start of spring!
- Bubble Paint Flower Craft from My Joy Filled Life.
Make these gorgeous hydrangea flowers using this fun art technique.
- Painting Spring Flowers with Celery from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is such a fun and clever way to make flowers!
- Spring Bug Cards for Kids to Make from I Heart Crafty Things.
These are just the cutest little spring insect cards!
- Cupcake Liner Butterfly Craft for Kids from The Joys of Sharing.
These little butterflies are so adorable, you’ll want to make lots and lots of them!
- Easy 3D Paper Flowers for Spring from Red Ted Art.
Fill your walls with these beautiful 3D flowers!
- Printable Paper Daffodil Craft from The Craft Train.
Make a bouquet of spring daffodils!
- Paper Straw Tulips from I Heart Crafty Things.
This is such a fun paper craft to try this spring.
- Cherry Blossom Popcorn Tree Kid Craft from Glued to My Crafts.
Make this unusual but striking blossom tree!
Spring Activities for Kids
We have found lots of hands-on learning opportunities for kids of all ages – from spring activities for toddlers to spring activities for preschoolers and more – we’ve got lots of engaging activities for kids this springtime!
Spring Science Activities
Get ready for epic spring science with these clever spring science experiments, projects, and life cycle ideas!
- Hatching Butterflies from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn all about butterflies with printables and fun activities.
- Bleeding Blossoms STEM Project from Babble Dabble Do.
Try this fun science activity and make beautiful flowers too.
- Beautiful Flower Chromatography Science Project by 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will love this simple, yet magical, spring science activity.
- Fizzing Flowers Spring Science from Hands on Teaching Ideas.
This simple science activity is lots of fun!
- Clouds in a Jar: Spring Science for Preschoolers from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn all about clouds with this great science unit.
- Amazing Dyed Experiment from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
The kids will love this magical spring flower science experiment.
- Mr Grass Head by 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Have fun growing a silly grass head while learning about plants.
- Make Lightening from Learn Play Imagine.
Use this weather science activity to learn all about lightening.
- Germinating Seeds in a Bag from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Watch seeds germinate with this simple seed activity.
- Sparkly Fizzing Rainbow from Preschool Powol Packets.
This simple and colorful preschool science experiment is so much fun!
- Free Weather Unit for Ages 3-8 from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This huge weather learning unit has lots of printables and activity ideas that are perfect for spring.
- Static Electricity Butterfly Experiment from I Heart Crafty Things.
This is such a cool science experiment, fun for all ages.
Sneak in some spring math activities with these clever spring math worksheets and fun ideas to make math fun for elementary age students:
- Montessori Inspired Math Activities from Living Montessori Now.
Lots of great spring themed math ideas.
- Spring Clip Cards for Kindergarten Math from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
These spring themed activities are a great way for kids to practice basic math skills.
- Butterfly Spring Addition Mats from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These free printable addition mats are great for practicing adding to 10.
- Counting to 20 Spring Playdough Mats from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This is a great hands on number activity.
- Spring Number Sense from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Your little learners will love these spring themed math activities.
- Spring Math Multiplication Math Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids will have fun practicing multiplication with this free printable math activity.
- Flower Preschool Counting Game from Preschool Play and Learn.
Kids can practice counting skills while completing these spring flowers.
- Spring Maths Puzzles for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
I love the cute little butterflies on these free printable counting and addition puzzles.
- Plant the flowers math game from Fun a Day.
This spring flower dice game is easy to set up, and lots of fun to play.
- Spring Number Puzzles from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These spring number puzzles are such a fun way for preschool, kindergarten and first grade kids to practice counting to 20.
- Spring Tulips Count and Clip Cards from The Measured Mom.
This free printable is a great spring themed way to practice math skills.
- Spring Addition Math Games from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These free printables are a way to practice adding 10s and 1s on a hundreds chart.
- Flower Measurement Cards from Free Printables and Worksheets for Kids.
This is a great spring themed measurement activity to do with the kids.
- Spring Math for Preschoolers from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Preschool kids will love practicing spring math with these free printable spring counting cards and puzzles.
- Fingerprint Counting Printables for Spring from Fun Handprint Art.
This is a fabulous, hands on, way to practice counting!
- FREE Spring Birds Addition Game from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is a super cute and dun file folder game for Kindergarten and 1st graders.
- Spring Color By Number Printables from Homeschool Preschool.
Practice number recognition with these fun spring printables.
- Spring Counting to 20 with Printable Place Value Cards from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is a fun way for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students to
practice counting to 20.
Spring Language Activities
Make learning your letters, practicing sight words, and rhyming fun with these spring projects, printables, and literacy activities for early learners.
- N is for Nest Pack from Confessions of a Homeschooler.
These letter N printables and activity ideas are great for pre-k, kindergarten aged kids.
- Fun Spring Sight Word Mazes from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Practice sight words with these fun free printables
- Spring Letter Find Printables from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These spring letter find printables are a great way to practice upper and lowercase letter recognition
- Bird Seed Writing Tray from School Time Snippets.
This is a fabulous, multi-sensory way to practice letter formation!
- Spring Word Mix-up from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This spring themed word worksheet is great for kindergarten – 2nd grade.
- Spring Emergent Reader Books from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
These free printable spring readers are just right for young learners.
- Rainbow Letter Match from A Little Pinch of Perfect.
Work on letter recognition and phonics with this fun printable activity.
- FREE Spring CVC Words Kindergarten Activity from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Help kids practice CVC Words for Kindergarten with this free printable spring activity.
- Printable Bug Themed Pre-writing Practice from Artsy Momma.
These adorable bug themed tracing sheets are great for pre-writing skills.
- Spring Showers Letter Matching Printable from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This is a super fun way to practice matching uppercase and lowercase letters
- FREE Spring ABC Games from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Practicing identifying upper and lower case letters with this spring abc games.
- Alphabet Flower Garden Activity from Buggy and Buddy.
This spring-inspired alphabet activity gets kids playing and interacting with letters.
- FREE Spring Letter Reversal Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Work on letter reversals with these spring themed printable worksheets.
- Spring Writing Prompts from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This spring themed writing challenge is a great way to get kids writing!
- Rhyming Rainbows from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Kids will have fun practicing rhyming with these free printable rhyming rainbows puzzles.
- Spring Digraph Puzzles from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These free printable puzzles cover the following digraphs: ch, ph, sh, th, and wh.
Spring Sensory Play
Dig into these fun spring themed sensory bins for some tactile play!
- Best Peeps Playdough Recipe from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will love this amazing, edible playdough recipe!
- Flowers and Fairies Spring Sensory Tub from The Imagination Tree.
The kids will love this magical sensory tub.
- Spring Chick Playdough Activity from the Nurturestore.
Make some cute play dough spring chicks.
- Rainbows and Butterflies Sensory Bin from Fun With Mama.
This is a bright and colorful sensory play idea for spring.
- Hatching Chicks Sensory Bin from Messy Little Monster.
This is such a lovely idea for a spring themed sensory tub.
- Bug Sensory Bin from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn about bugs and have fun with this simple sensory play set up.
- Spring Themed Sensory Bin from Buggy and Buddy.
Plant a garden full of spring flowers!
- Outdoor Mud Pie Kitchen from Inner Child Fun.
Spring is the perfect time to make a mud kitchen!
- Flowers and pom poms sensory bin from My Bored Toddler.
This is a fun, low-mess. spring sensory bin idea.
- Rainbow Sky Sensory Bottles from Kids’ Craft Room.
These sensory bottles are fun to make and gorgeous to look at.
- Rainbow in a Bag from Powerful Mothering.
All the kids will love this no-mess sensory and art activity.
- Bird Nest Sensory Bin from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
This bird themed sensory bin is a great spring activity!
- Flower Garden Playdough from The Best Toys 4 Toddlers.
Plant a play dough spring flower garden!
- Frog Pond Water Bead Sensory Play from Messy Little Monster.
Spring rains bring lots of frogs, so this sensory tub is perfect for some spring fun!
Free Spring Printables
There are so many great spring printables and spring worksheets for kids of all ages, you are sure to find some fabulous spring worksheets and ideas on
- Spring Scavenger Hunt from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Get the kids outside hunting for these spring items.
- Rainbow Scavenger Hunt with Clues from Hands on as we Grow.
Try this fun rainbow themed scavenger hunt.
- Make Way for Duckling Inspired Learning Pack from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is a great set of printable to match with the Make Way for Ducklings book.
- FREE I Spy Spring from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
What springy things can you spy with this free printable.
- Farm Preschool Pack from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Spring is a great time for a farm themed learning unit.
- 3D Spring Wreath Coloring Pages from Red Ted Art.
Use the free printable to make a gorgeous spring wreath.
- Garden Printable Pack from Homeschool Creations.
Learn all about spring garden with this worksheet set.
- Spring Coloring Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
There are 11 spring coloring pages in this free pritnable set.
- Spring Clothes Do a Dot Printables from Preschool Play and Learn.
This fun free printable will help kids work on number recognition, and color recognition.
- The ABC Bunny from Homeschool Creations.
These Bunny themed printables are perfect for spring!
- Kindergarten Bird Printables from Homeschool Creations.
Study spring birds with these great printables
- Spring Printable Pack from 3 Dinosaurs.
This bumper printables pack includes puzzles, matching games and more.
- Spring Scavenger Hunt BINGO from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
What a fun way for kids to celebrate spring!
- Spring Color Sorting Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will love identifying colors with this fun, free printable color sorting activity using spring baskets.
- Spring Fairy Printable Pack from 1+1+1=1
Celebrate spring with these beautiful fairy printables.
- Spring Sudoku Puzzles for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Keep those little brains busy with these fun spring themed puzzles.
- Printable Name Flower Craft from Preschool Play and Learn.
Kids will have fun learning their name with this free printable spring flower craft.
- Free Spring Bingo Marker Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Use bingo daubers to color by code and reveal the hidden pictures on these printables.
- Flower Matching Game from Learn With Play At Home.
This free printable flower matching game is great fun.
- Spring Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is a huge set of free printables with lots of activities for both preschool and kindergarten students.
- Insect Movement Dice from Taming Little Monsters.
This is a fun way to get the kids moving!
- SPRING Step by Step Drawings for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn to draw all kinds of springy things with these free printables.
Spring Snacks for Kids
Make some of these creative spring snacks for kids. There are lots of healthy spring snacks, rainbow snacks, spring cookies, and more to choose from. Celebrate spring by making some of these delcious treats with your kids.
- Milk Toast Rainbows from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will love making their own rainbow toast!
- Baby bell Cheese Ladybug Snack from Cute Food for Kids
These cute little lady birds are super easy and healthy snack
- Easy Frog Pops from Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons.
I love the long sticky tongues on these frog pops!
- Easter Bunny Lunch from Creative Food.
This bunny themed lunch plate is perfect for Easter or any spring day
- Birds Nest Treat for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
The kids will love making this super cute spring snack.
- Easy Rainbow Cookies from Pint-sized Treasures.
Make these colorful and delicious cookies with your kids!
- Butterfly Healthy Snack for Kids from Saving my Family Money.
This is such a clever spring themed snack idea that’s perfect if you have lots of kids to feed.
- April Fool’s Food FUN for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Try this fun April Fool’s Day fun foods.
- Chick Snack from Little Food Junction.
These little chick toasts would make a great snack or lunch.
- Cup of Dirt Snack for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
The kids will love this edible dirt snack!
- Egg Bunny Snack from The Prime Pursuit.
The kids will have fun making and eating these cute little bunnies
- Smores Flower Pot Pops from Kitchen Fun with my Three Sons.
These sweet little flower pots are such a clever idea!
- Butterfly Cupcakes from Picklebums.
These cupcakes are so easy to decorate even little hands can join in!
- Bunny in the Carrot Batch from Hungry Happenings.
This is such a cute dessert idea!
- Rainbow Jello from Mess for Less.
Eat a rainbow with this fun recipe.
There is a spring craft or spring activity that is perfect for kids of all ages on this huge list of spring ideas for kids.
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Flower Parts of a plant flip book
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Spring Multiplication Math Craft
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella ABC Matching Game
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners