Make learning about cells for kids fun and memorable with these human cell worksheet, all about cells review game, how to make a dna model with edible cell model, and so much more! These human body activities are fun for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders.
Cells for Kids
As we began studying the human body we learned about the most basic unit of life – cells! This cells for kids lesson is filled with lots of engaging activities and cells printables for kids from kindergartners to elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6.
- We used the following free printable All About Cells reader book to learn about the parts of the cell and their function as well as review what we learned with a cell activity worksheet
- We created a cell model together (see clever memory devises to remember different parts)
- The kids created their own edible cell to reinforce what they had learned.
- We made edible licorice DNA as we touched on the fact that the nucleus of each living cell contains DNA – the instructions for what each cell should look like and do.
- We played this FREE Human Cells Review Game
Human cell worksheet
All About Cells
Below you can download our FREE human cells book for your kids to learn about the different parts in a human cell and what they do.
LOW PREP! Simple print, cut in half, and staple together!
Parts of a Cell Worksheet
Also included in the book are two review pages at the end of the human cells book. The first allows children to cut and tape flaps to make a fun review for what each part of the human cell does.
Cell activity worksheet
The second review page allows children to test their knowledge on what each part of the cell is called by coloring in the cell according to the directions.
Human cell model
We used things we had on hand to make a human cell model for students to remember what they have read and really be able to visualize the different parts.
How to Make a DNA model
Cells Game for Kids
Human Body Activities for Kids
- Human Body free Playdough Mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- Teach kids about human cells for kids with hands on activities, free printable reader, human cell worksheets, and more!
- This Free Human Body Printables for Kindergarten bakes a printable book that teaches students all about their bodies
- 4 EPIC Skeletal System Project Ideas for kids – using things like pasta, life saver gummies, lego, and more you can learn about the human body in a fun memorable way
- Free Skeletal System Worksheets for Kids – everything you need to teach kids about their bodies!
- Kids will love learning about the ear with this Building a model of the ear
- Amazing 5 Senses Kindergarten Unit for kids to explore with hands on activities. or try this jelly bean taste test experiment.
- Grab this free printable 5 senses mini book to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Kids will be amazed by these eye science experiments
- Even more creative printable science experiments, units, and activities for kids for all ages
- Or see all of our fun, hands on ideas to make learning about the human body for kids FUN
You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- Exploding Watermelon science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- You will love this colorful Walking Water Experiment
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Experiment
- Kids will be amazes as you change dyed flowers experiment
- Wow your kids with this fun growing crystals for kids
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers Science Project
- Some of our other all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are pop rocks experiment
- Super cool science experiments with balloons and water.
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun squishy circuits projects
- kids will be amazed with this learn how to make a battery project
- Learn more about animals with these free printable my animal report forms
- Simple why do leaves change color in the fall science project
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a volcano project
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Easy-to-Make Air Pressure Experiments
- Amazing, heat sensitive, color changing slime
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins Science Experiment
- 100 Incredible Food Experiments for kids (arranged by type of science)
- This super cool DIY Zipline is made from Lego!
- Epic Life Size Human Body Project
Download Human Cells Reader for Kids, Worksheets & Review Game
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!