Make learning about cells for kids fun and memorable with these human cell worksheet, all about cells review game, how to make a dna model with edible cell model, and so much more! These human body activities are fun for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th graders.
Cells for Kids
As we began studying the human body we learned about the most basic unit of life – cells! This cells for kids lesson is filled with lots of engaging activities and cells printables for kids from kindergartners to elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6.
- We used the following free printable All About Cells reader book to learn about the parts of the cell and their function as well as review what we learned with a cell activity worksheet
- We created a cell model together (see clever memory devises to remember different parts)
- The kids created their own edible cell to reinforce what they had learned.
- We made edible licorice DNA as we touched on the fact that the nucleus of each living cell contains DNA – the instructions for what each cell should look like and do.
- We played this FREE Human Cells Review Game
Human cell worksheet
Below you can print our FREE human cells book for your kids to learn about the different parts in a human cell and what they do.
LOW PREP! Simple print, cut in half, and staple together!
Also included in the book are two review pages at the end of the human cells book. The first allows children to cut and tape flaps to make a fun review for what each part of the human cell does.
Cell activity worksheet
The second review page allows children to test their knowledge on what each part of the cell is called by coloring in the cell according to the directions.
Human cell model
We used things we had on hand to make a human cell model for students to remember what they have read and really be able to visualize the different parts.
How to Make a DNA model
Cells Game for Kids
Human Body Activities
- Grab this free printable 5 senses preschool printables to explore the senses of sight, taste, sound, smell, and touch
- Human Body human body playdough mats – lots of choices to learn about various systems of the body including simple for preschoolers, skeletal system, organs, muscles, nerves, and more!
- Teach kids about human cells for kids with hands on activities, free printable reader, human cell worksheets, and more!
- Human Body Printables makes a printable book that teaches students all about their heart, brain, muscles, cells, skin, bones, lungs, stomach, intestines, and bladder
- 4 EPIC Skeletal System Project ideas for kids – using things like pasta, life saver gummies, lego, and more you can learn about the human body in a fun memorable way
- Free Skeletal System Worksheets for Kids – everything you need to teach kids about their bodies!
- Parts of the Brain for Kids Activity with Playdough Brain Model & Free Brain Worksheets for Kids
- Lungs for Kids Working Model and lesson plan
- Human Heart for Kids: 2 Fun Heart Models plus Worksheets
- Blood for Kids – Actiivty to learn about the Human Body
- Kids will love learning about the ear with this model of ear for school project
- Amazing 5 Senses for kids lesson to explore with hands on activities, videos, books, and more!
- Try this Jelly Bean sense of taste activities for preschool experiment.
- Kids will be amazed by these eye science experiments
- Huge pack of 5 Senses Worksheets to explore the senses and sneak in some math and literacy activities too
- EPIC, Life-size Human Body Project
- See all of our hands-on ideas to make learning about the human body for kids FUN and more creative printable science experiments for all ages
Science for Kids
Looking for lots more fun, science experiments for kids? You’ve GOT to try some of these outrageously fun science experiments for kids! We have so many fun, creative and easy science experiments for elementary age children:
- 100 Amazing Food science experiments – arranged by type of science
- Colorful Capillary action experiment (also known as walking water)
- Amaze kids with these 12 Hands on battery experiments
- 24 Epic Solar system science projects to try this week
- Fun Water balloon experiment that explores density
- Easy Candy Water Displacement Experiment
- 50 Fun Preschool science experiments the whole family will want to try
- Easy Rubber Band Car
- Paint Stick Solar System Project Ideas
- Simple Bernoille Ping Pong Ball experiment
- Fun-to-Make Lego Balloon Car Project
- Popsicle Stick Catapult STEM Project for Kids
- EPIC Exploding Snowman Science Experiment for Winter
- Melting Christmas Science Experiments
- Simple Galaxy science project
- Easy and Fun Dancing Raisins
- Learn about weather as you find how to make a weather vane
- Eye opening Eye science experiments
- Easy-to- make Air pressure experiments
- Stunning Chromatography Flowers are so pretty you’ll forget it was as science project!
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – super easy and SO cool!
- 30 Simple machines for kids projects you will want to try
- Easy, fascinating, and colorful project answering why do leaves change color for kids
- Free Printable Animal Classifications for Kids Cootie Catchers
- Amazing POP rocks experiment is one of our all-time favorite science experiments we like to do during the summer are
- 19 Edible science experiments – which delicious project will you try first?
- HUGE Free Solar System for Kindergarten (coloring pages, hands on science projects, worksheets, and more!)
- Pipe Cleaner Constellation Activity (As seen on Good Housekeeping!)
- Teach kids about conductivity with this fun electricity experiment projects
- Amazing, Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime
- Life Cycles for Kids (from penguin to sunflower and spider to turkey we have LOTS of life cycles to explore and learn about)
- EASY, Colorful Oil and Water Experiment Worksheets
- 4 Fun Skeletal System Project Ideas
- Kids will be amazed as you change colors of white flowers with this food coloring flower experiment worksheet
- This super cool Lego Zipline is fun and simple to make
- EPIC Life-size Human Body Project w/ free printables!
- Check out this super cool look INSIDE a Volcano Experiment for Kids
- Exploding Watermelon – science experiment that explores potential and kinetic energy with a big WOW moment!
- Lego Electricity Science Experiments
- Marshmallow Shooters STEM Activity
- Find LOTS more EASY Printable Science Experiments for kids of all ages!
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Human Cells Review Game <<
Thank you! I needed help with teaching the cells to make it more fun and hands-on. You’re free worksheets are awesome.
Thank you so much for sharing your work with us, it makes homeschooling much easier.
Thank you so much for sharing your activity for the cell. We are studying the cell and this is so perfect.
Thank you so much!
Thank you so much for sharing 🙂
I just started homeschooling my daughter a few months ago. These cell printable sheets are exactly what I needed. Thank you so much! God bless you!!