These directed drawing are a great way for children to become confident drawing simple spring images with these how to draw pictures. Use these directed drawing preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students. The drawing worksheets include how to draw a bee, bird, birdhouse, flower, tulip, butterfly, caterpillar, ladybug, nest, and umbrella. SImply download pdf file with drawing worksheets for kids and you are ready to for a spring drawing activity.
How to Draw Pictures
Helping children learn to draw is not just about them becoming artists. Teaching children to draw helps them to follow directions, see the components that make up things, improve fine motor skills, strengthen hand muscles, learn to express themselves, and be proud of something they created. For some of us, it can be difficult to master drawing. We may say we aren’t good at it or it’s not our talent, but everyone can draw simple pictures that can be recognized and understood by all. Learning how to draw pictures is a great skill for a variety of career and future projects. In these drawing worksheets for kids you will learn how to draw pictures of common spring and summer themed items: a bee, bird, birdhouse, flower, tulip, butterfly, caterpillar, ladybug, nest, and umbrella. These directed drawing for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students you can celebrate spring and become better learning to draw too!
Drawing worksheets for Kids
Directed drawing for preschoolers
Instead of a you tube video you need to start and stop a million times, we’ve created a super hand and easy-to-use handout. So grab our template and your art supplies and get ready to start drawing pictures!
We have included how to draw 10 different springtime images in this pack. Simply print the pages that interest your child. The pages are in black and white to save you on printer ink costs. Each drawing prompt is one page.
Drawing worksheets for kindergarten
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these simple drawing worksheets that allow kids to learn to draw. Use a pencil, pen, crayons, markers, or colored pencils to draw the object and color it in if you like. You can even draw things around your picture to decorate your picture.
Spring worksheets for kindergarten
This learn to draw activity is pretty self explanatory, but basically you have your student draw what is in box 1. Then add the details in box 2 to your picture in the box on the bottom of the page. Continue until you’ve don all 5 steps and you’ve made your drawing.
Spring worksheets for preschoolers
Make sure to encourage kids that sometimes it takes time to master a new skill. Most of aren’t born instant drawers. You wouldn’t expect to pick up a tuba and be able to play in an orchestra, would you? Or to walk into a kitchen and whip up a Crème Brule. Practice makes perfect; so encourage your students to try each one multiple times until they are happy with the results They don’t need to look exactly like the picture. Nothing in nature is exactly alike – even twins have small differences.
Have fun drawing and making your unique twist on these spring drawing ideas for kids!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Drawing worksheets for preschoolers
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!