You know what? It’s amazing how much more fun and magic Christmas can add to things that may be seen as normal or everyday. We’ve been doing baking soda and vinegar reactions for years. YEARS. They are fun but when we added a little festive flair, my daughter was wide eyed like she had never seen it before! Needless to say, this Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment was a huge hit! Children from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, to first grade students will enjoy this Christmas Science Activities perfect for making learning fun in December.
Gingerbread Man Science Experiment
This Gingerbread Man Experiment is such a fun way to help kids explore science with a fun Christmas theme for the holiday season! This Christmas Science Experiment is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students and it only uses 3 simple materials! In this chemistry science experiment for kids, children will observe the baking soda and vinegar reaction while having playful fun with a Christmas Science activity.
Christmas Science Experiment
It is beyond easy. Like 3 ingredients, easy.
- Baking Soda
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, allspice, candy cane pieces, or other Gingerbread spices
- Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter
Christmas Science Activities
Start by putting the gingerbread man cookie cutter on a baking sheet or in a baking dish. You want something to collect the eruption!
Mix together your base ingredients: baking soda and gingerbread spices. You can do this in a bowl or you can just dump baking soda into the inside of the cookie sheet and sprinkle it with the spices. Completely up to you!
Next up, when you’re ready, pour the vinegar onto the baking soda. Be ready because it is going to fizz up crazy good! It is such a fun reaction to watch. Plus, after the fizzy starts to die down a bit, the spices mix up with the vinegar to create bubbles. That was unexpected but so fun!
The smell is fantastic before anything even starts. I like adding sensory aspects to any other activity, like science experiments. It adds an extra element that is perfect for encouraging learning.
Besides being an easy Christmas science experiment for kids to watch a simple chemical reaction, baking soda and vinegar are actually effective cleaners that together can kill bacteria!
Baking soda will quickly react with vinegar creating carbon dioxide gas as one of its products, causing the bubbles and expansion. Just like carbon dioxide bubbles in a carbonated drink, the carbon dioxide (that was formed when you mixed the acid and the base) will rise to the top of the mixture. This creates the bubbles and foam you see when you mix baking soda and vinegar. If you mix a large amount of baking soda and vinegar in a small container with a narrow opening, expect an impressive eruption! Many science teachers use this simple chemical reaction to teach students about chemistry
- Gingerbread Man Comprehension Questions Worksheets
- Free Gingerbread Man Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Color by Number Printables
- Free Gingerbread Man Sequencing Activity
- Read the Gingerbread Pirates then sneak in these educational gingerbread pirates activities
- Super Cute Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Simple Gingerbread Coloring Pages to decorate
- Free Gingerbread Man Dot to Dot
- Shape Gingerbread Math Worksheets
- GIngerbread Man Coloring Page pdf
- Puffy Paint gingerbread craft
- Gingerbread Letters activity for preschoolers and kindergartners
- Amazing gingerbread slime
- Gingerbread Addition Game
- Super Cute Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Gingerbread Addition Puzzles
- Christmas Patterns Activities decorating Gingerbread house with playdough
- Lots of ideas in this Gingerbread Theme for Preschoolers
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Science Experiments
- Gingerbread Number Order Printable
- Hands-on Gingerbread man activity tracing letters
- 16 Fun-to-Read Gingerbread Books for Kids
Christmas Science Experiments for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas science ideas? Check these out!
- Fizzy Ornaments Christmas Science Experiments
- Spinning Christmas Tree Christmas Science Project
- Magic Melting Peppermint Candy Christmas Science Experiment
- Fizzy Gingerbread Man Christmas Science Experiment
- Lots of Christmas Science Experiments Kids will love!
- Beautiful Borax Crystal Christmas Tree Science Experiment
- Melting Christmas Tree Science Experiment for December
- Rudolph Christmas Science Experiments
- Christmas Magic Milk Experiment
- Gumdrops Ornaments Made with Christmas Science Experiment
- Gingerbread Puffy Paint Recipe
- Ornaments-Go-Round Christmas STEM Activities
- Christmas Fluffy Slime Recipe
- Easy Candy Cane Science Experiment
- Simple Oil and Water Christmas Science Experiment
- Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Snow Volcano Science Experiment
Leave a Reply