Kids will love learning in the month of December with these super cute, free christmas worksheets with a fun Gingerbread Pirates theme! Toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students will practice tracing letters, counting, addition, word families, color by number, what is different, upper and lowercase letter g sorting, addition, and so much more while having fun with Gingerbread man worksheets. Download the pdf file with the Christmas worksheets and have fun learning this holiday season!
Make learning fun this December with Christmas worksheets based on one of our favorite Chrsitmas picture books featuring the Gingerbread Pirates! After reading The Gingerbread Pirates by Kristin Kladstrup kids can continue to have fun by practicing math and literacy skills with cute clipart and free printable Gingerbread pirate worksheets. This huge back includes 50 pages including a wide variety of skills for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. You will find playful pirates, happy pirate crew, pirate ship, gingerbread cookies, Christmas tree, Santa Clause, and more! The The Gingerbread Pirates Christmas book has beautiful illustrations and a sweet story. So why not take a break from your typical homeschool studies to do a fun thematic unit just for December!
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these free Christmas printables for making learning fun. Use these as extra practice, centers or thematic learning in your classroom, or as a supplement to your homeschool curriculum.
Free Christmas Worksheets
It’s finally here! Between all the other projects I have going on I couldn’t seem to finish up this free Gingerbread printable pack, but I finally got it finished… just in time for Christmas.
- Pre-Writing Practice – children will practice tracing lines with the happy gingerbread pirates
- Cutting Practice – Use scissors to practice cutting straight and wavy lines
- Alphabet Sorting Upper and Lowercase Letter Gg [alphabet practice] – put the gingerbread man on the correct pirate ship
- Letter find to work on letter discrimination of letter g gingerbread man
- Letter G worksheet to practice tracing letters
- Cut and paste worksheet to work on following directions and direction words like to the right, above, before, etc.
- Sentences – arrange the words to make a sentence
- Graphing – practice using a graph with this early math activity
- Number Practice to 50
- Shadow Matching helps children work on visual discrimination
- Which One is Different – help kids work on their power of observation as they attempt to discern which image is different than the other pictures
- Gingerbread Pirates Color by Number helps kids work on color discrimination, number discrimination, and strengthening fine motor skills while revealing cute pictures from the Christmas story.
- Gingerbread Colors Printable Book – learn your colors as you make and read this color reader
- Gingerbread Cookie Counting Mat – practice counting and identifying numbers 1-10 and 11, 12, and 13 too.
- Patterns – help look for patterns and practice completing the abab or baba or abba or aabb patterns
- Shapes – find and trace the shapes found in the gingerbread house scene: star triangle, circle, square, and rectangle
- Beginning Sounds – help identifying the phonemic sound and draw a line to the letter that makes that sound
- Size Sequencing – help kids practice visual discrimination by putting the pirate ships in order from largest to smallest, smallest, to largest, etc. Also help work on key math terms like which one is last, which ship is first, which is 2nd, which ship is next to last, etc.
- Circle the image that is the same size as the first picture
- Story Sequencing – help put he story in the right order
- Practice proofreading the Gingerbread pirates story text
- Identify the predicate in the sample sentences
- Addition – Roll and add the two numbers together then cover the sum with circle stickers, dauber marker, or playdough
- Complete the Gingerbread cookie fact family (addition and subtraction)
- Multiplication – sneak in some fun practice multiplying with this gingerbread man themed math worksheet
- Alphabetizing – practice putting letters in alphabetical order with this abc order worksheet
- Reading Comprehension questions to make sure your students are understanding what they are reading
- Measurement – practice using pint, quart, and cup measurements
- What Time is it – help practice telling time with kinder students
- Gingerbread Man Create a Word Strip “an” – fan, can, pan, pan, man
- Creative Writing with space to draw your favorite part of the story
- Story Retelling with Puppets
- Christmas Phonics – Circle the silent letters
- Suffixes – practice adding ending to words like “ed” “s” and “ing”
- Equal Parts – help kindergartners and 1st graders figure out which shapes are divided into equal parts
- Money – Practice adding up money (quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies) to buy the Christmas cookies
- Gingerbread Opposites – circle the opposite up / down, tall / short, happy / sad, full / empty
- Calendar Practice – help students identifying parts of a calendar including months, days, years, and more
Gingerbread Pirate Ideas
Looking for more ideas to add to a pirate gingerbread man theme? Check these out
- Use the educational activities in my Gingerbread Pirates Printables (below) to reinforce math, language arts, and more for kids 3-8 years
- Craft your Gingerbread Pirates (step by step directions & recipe included)
- Make our family favorite Gingerbread Cookies
- Play with some Gingerbread Playdough
- Make a life-size Gingerbread Pirate – one of 100 Crafts, Activities, and Recipes in Christmas Crafts for Kids
Gingerbread for Kids
These are some super cute and outrageously FUN Gingerbread themed activities, toys, and gift ideas for kids!!
Looking for ideas for fun Christmas learning with free Christmas printables? Check out these fun resources:
- Fun Christmas Playdough Mats
- Alphabet Ornaments to trace and erase
- HUGE Pack of Christmas Worksheets for Preschool
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Stringing Lights Christmas Math Activities learning Patterns with playdough
- Free Christmas Tracing Sheets
- Find the Letter Free Christmas Worksheets
- Gingerbread Man Rhyme Puzzles
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Online Free
- Cute Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Free Christmas Hundreds Chart Mystery Picture Worksheets
- Christmas Dot to Dot
- Christmas Alphabet Game
Christmas Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun Christmas printables, Christmas Crafts, and Christmas activities to fill your holiday calendar? Check out these fun ideas!
- Free Christmas Bingo Printable
- Printable Christmas Pictionary
- This Puffy Gingerbread Paint smells AMAZING!
- FUN Rudolph Race Game for kids with balloons
- Christmas Crafts for Kids book with over 100 Christmas Activities, Crafts, and Recipes for families to enjoy together during the month of December.
- Easy-to-Make Puffy Snow Paint
- Printable Hat Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Precious Snowman Handprint Ornament
- Beautiful Melted Crayon Ornaments
- Printable Christmas Names Cards with jokes
- How to Make Salt Dough Christmas Ornaments
- Simple Paper Strip Christmas Tree Ornament
- Epic Grinch Themed Party
- Puffy Gingerbread Ornament Recipe
- See all of our Christmas for kids crafts, activities, recipes, and printables here!
Download Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!