Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday on March 2nd with lots of FUN dr seuss activities! This post is filled with so many creative and engaging dr. seuss stem activities, printables, games, and other educational resources to celebrate the holiday. So pair these dr seuss ideas with The Cat in the Hat, Hop on Pop, One Fish Two Fish, The Lorax, THe Grinch, or your favorite Dr Seuss book for kids and you are ready for an EPIC day! Use these dr seuss activities for kindergarten, pre-k, preschool, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students.
Dr Seuss activities
Dr seuss preschool activities printables
Looking for some dr seuss free printables? Check out these resources!
- Find lots of preschool fun in this Dr. Seuss inspired learning pack.
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish printables will help your child recognize and write their numbers.
- Print out these word sort cards to make word family hats.
- Practice rhyming pairs with Dr. Seuss hat-shaped printables.
- Preschoolers can learn basic skills with this preschool learning pack.
Dr. seuss activities
- Practice sight words with a Hop on Pop printable game.
- The kids might enjoy dressing up as Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Cat in the Hat.
- Play a Lorax cause and effect card game to review story details.
- Letter recognition is fun with this Cat-in-the-Hat alphabet game.
- Read Would you Rather be a Bullfrog, and then play a “Would you rather?” game.
Dr seuss craft
- Make fish out of handprints to go along with the One Fish, Two Fish book.
- An abundance of craft ideas – 25 in fact! – can be found here.
- Make oobleck, handprint Thing 1 and Thing 2’s, and more inspired ideas here.
- Handprints make cute Thing 1, Thing 2 (and Thing 3, 4, 5…) art for framing!
- If The Grinch is a favorite character, here are some Grinch crafts that are sure to be a hit!
- Blow paint the hair of Thing 1 and Thing 2!
- An easy craft to do is to make Lorax masks out of paper plates and craft paper.
- Cupcake liners make a great Lorax craft for little hands.
- Use cupcake liners for a One Fish, Two Fish craft too!
- Cut and fold paper to make a corner bookmark for your favorite Dr. Seuss book.
Dr suess activities
Looking for ideas for dr seuss stem? Try out these fun suggestions!
- Kids practice their engineering skills with this Stack the Cat’s Hat challenge.
- Make some Cat-in-the-Hat slime!
- Lorax fans will enjoy tie-die coffee filter art that also makes a fun Science experiment.
- So many oobleck recipes, how about this one to go along with a reading of Bartholomew and the Oobleck?
- Practice Math skills with legos and a Dr. Seuss patterning activity.
Dr seuss activities for kindergarten
- 1 Fish, 2 Fish goldfish makes a great and easy educational snack!
- Bake up some Grinch Christmas cookies! Who cares that Christmas was over 2 months ago? The kids will still love these!
- Just look at the cute party snack ideas pictured here.
- Eat the sweet, colorful spots from Put me in the Zoo!
- Just like the Yink in – drink a pink ink drink! This one’s healthy too!
You and your children will love all the educational activities you can do to accompany a celebration of Dr. Seuss’ birthday! The above Dr. Seuss Activities for Dr. Seuss’ birthday will fill up the whole day with loads of enjoyment.
We love celebrating fun holidays and fun days throughout the year! We have lots more special days throughout the year with activities to inspire you to create memories with your kids:
- Did you know there is a national Dice Day on December 4th? Try these dice games for kids
- Try these candy cane activities for National Candy Cane Day on December 26th
- After Christmas comes Three Kings Day for Kids on January 6th
- Celebrate Penguin Day on January 20th with these penguin crafts and activities
- Fun crafts and activities to celebrate Chinese New Year for Kids
- Carnival Crafts and Activities for National Carnival Day February 26
- These moon activities for kids will take you out of this world for National Moon Day on July 20th
- National Honey Bee Day is August 17th, celebrate with these bee activities for kids
- Learn about author Roald Dahl on September 13th with these roald dahl craft ideas
- Enjoy National Chocolate Day in Octoboer with these chocolate activities
- Become a super hero on Batman Day this September 15th with batman crafts and activities
- August 3rd is Watermelon Day, celebrate with these watermelon activities
- Sweeten your next July 15th with these gummy worm games for Gummy Worm Day
- Happy Birthday Donald Duck! Join in on the celebration this June 9th with these Donald Duck Day activities
- Head down to Seasame Street for these sesame street crafts for Sesame Street Day on November 10th
- Eat up on October 4th and celebrate Taco Day with these taco crafts
- Kids will love celebrating the largest living land mammal with these elephant activities to celebrate World Elephant Day on August 12th
- Mark your calendar for one of two donut days on June 7th and try these fun donut activities
- Celebrate Eric Carle’s birthday March 2nd with these hungry caterpillar crafts
- We celebrate Dr. Seuss day on his birthday on March 2nd with these fun dr seuss activities
- The 2nd week of mark is Bubble week! Join in on the fun with these bubble activities
- Let’s hear it for National Popcorn Day on January 19th with these poporn crafts
- Stay in your pjs for the Festival of Sleep Day on January 3rd and try one of these pajama day activities
- Grab some candy and try one of these activities for National Candy Day on November 4th.
- Make one of these mad hatter hat ideas to celebrate Mad Hatter Day on Octoboer 6th
- Show your patriotism by celebrating Flag Day on June 14th with one of these flag day activities
- Kids will go nuts over these jelly bean crafts for National Jelly Bean Day on April 22nd.
- Teach kids about our amazing planet on Earth Day this April 22nd with these Earth Day crafts
- Learn about frogs on Save the Frogs Day this April 30th with these frog activities
- May the 4th be with you on Star Wars Day! Try one of these star wars crafts today
- Celebrate Dental Health Month in February with these clever dental crafts
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Pipe Cleaner constellation activities
- Free Printable Brain Breaks for Kids
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
- Subtraction Smash – hands-on math activity with playdough
- FUN Multplication Checkers with Multiplication Games Printable
- Sight Word Battleship – Free sight word game
- Edible Periodic Table! Making your own periodic table activity
- Make history come alive with these exciting Viking Activities
- Easy, Edible Ice Cream Play doh
- Space theme with over 101 fun learning activities for kids
- EPIC Playdough Earth Layers project
- Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment with Flowers
- Amazing Color Changing Slime
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Expeirment for kids
- Look Inside a Volcano Project Ideas
Book recommendations for Kids
- Tons of books for preschoolers
- Must Read Kindergarten Reading Books pdf free, free Kindergarten Reading Level Book List, Favorite Read Aloud Books for Kindergarten
- 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read by Themselves – Level 1 Reading Books pdf free, Fun-to-Read First Grade Picture Books, First Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders, 2nd Graders, and 3rd Graders – favorite series to keep kids reading!
- Best Read Aloud Chapter Books for 2nd Grade, Check out these 2nd Grade Reading Books pdf free
- Handy Grade 3 Reading Books pdf FREE
- Free 4th Grade Reading List pdf
- Printable Grade 5 Reading books pdf
- Exciting Historical Fiction Books for Kids and 25 Exciting Historical Fiction Books for 4th Graders
- Alphabet Books for Children, Transportation Books for Kids, Space Books for Kids that are out-of-this-world
- Funny Picture Books for kids of all ages, Sweet Picture Books about Family, Fun Zoo Books for Kids
- Books about community helpers, Beautiful Animal Books for Preschoolers, Preschool Color Books
- Creepy, Crawly Bug Books for Preschool kids, Rhyming Books for Kindergarten, fun-to read fall books for kids, and Preschool emotion books for learning to understand feelings
- See all of our popular kids books to read
- Handy, Reading Comprehension bookmarks (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Book Report Template for elementary age students or Book Report Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template or sandwich book report freebie
- Free 3rd Grade Book Report template choices
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas, Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets pdf
- This Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library or this Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable – to help encourage kids to read!
- How to teach elementary age students to write a Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- Free Parts of a Book Worksheet or these parts of a book for kids coloring pages that use playdough, and book reading goals printables
- Plus, grab these super cute, free printable Star Wars bookmarks for kids!