This free sight word games makes it fun for early learners to practice these key words! This sight word games for kindergarten, pre-k, first grade, and 2nd grade children is a fun battleship game! All you need to do for this sight word practice is print the game in the sight words printable pdf file at the bottom of the post and you are ready to play and learn! This sight word activities makes learning FUN!
Sight Words Game
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this sight word activity for helping students learn sight words. One of the easiest ways to help kids learn and remember is to have them learn while having fun. Children will learn the all sight words while playing this free printable game.
Sight word games for kindergarten
- Print out the game board and laminate for durability.
- Print out the sight words cards and laminate for durability.
Sight word practice
Each player will need:
- A full page ‘My Ships’ Board
- A full page ‘Enemy Ships’ Board
- A marker
- A file folder or tape to attach their boards – you can clear tape them, bottom to top, together to make boards – My Ships on top and Enemy Ships on bottom
- If the boards are laminated, you will need a dry-erase marker
Free sight word games
There are two players, who will each take turns to guess the location of the four ships that their ‘Enemy’ has hidden on the periodic table.
- Each player grabs their boards and marker and props it up, so that the other player can’t see their boards.
- Using the marker, they will mark out their ships on the top board, either vertically or horizontally by writing in sight words or by using the sight word cards provided. These cards can be stuck to the board using blue-tac or velcro.
- Player one calls out the number at the top of the column and the letter of the alphabet for the row.
- Player two checks on their Ship board and says ‘hit’ if there is a ship there or ‘miss’ if there are no ships there.
- Player one then marks their shot on their board as a miss or hit, to keep track of their guesses. Player two will mark it on their Ship board if it is a hit. When their opponent has found every square of the ship, then you must announce that it is sunk.
- Repeat, taking turns.
Sight word activities
The winner is the first player to sink all of their enemy’s ships. This fun and free printable game comes black and white.
Preschool Sight Words Activities
Free pre k sight words activities to make learning fun:
- Free Printable Sight Words List
- Sight word bingo free printable
- Sight Words Construction games for Kids
- Crazy Roads Preschool Sight Words Game
- Cut & Paste Worksheets – pre primer sight word sentences
- Penguin Sight Word Maze
- Christmas Sight Words – Read & Dab Mats
- Summer Free Sight Word Games
- Rocketship Sight Words
- Chocolate Box Preschool Sight Words Activity
- Valentine Color by Sight Word Worksheets
- Monster free printable sight word worksheets
- more preschool sight word activities
- Reading the EASY Way – Pre School Reading Program
Kindergarten Sight Words
Looking for more fun, hands on kindergarten sight word worksheets, games, and activities? Check ideas these out:
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Blackout Sight Word Game
- Free Sight Word BINGO
- Battleship Sight word games
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
- Free Printable Sight Words List
- Bug Sight Word Games
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, hands-on countries for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Sight word Printables
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers and coops please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!