Make practicing primer sight words fun with this super cute, pirate themed Kindergarten Sight Words Game. This free sight word games has a fun pirate theme to keep kids engaged and eager to practice. Download pdf file with sight word activities for kindergarten and you are ready to play and learn as you journey around the treasure map to collect treasures!
Kindergarten Sight Words Game
Ahoh there matey! It’s time to collect some treasures as you work on sight word practice kindergarten. This fun pirate printables is a simple and fun free sight word games that you can print and play in color or black and white. There are two different board games to play to learn all the kindergarten sight words.
Free Sight Word Games
Sight word activities for kindergarten
Print the pirate sight word board game in color or black and white. There are two different games so help kindergartners practice all the kindergarten sight words.
Grab a game pieces (such as a lego minifigure, mini eraser, unifix cubest, butotn, etc), an eraser, and the gameboard and you are ready to play!
Sight Word Practice Kindergarten
To play the game in color students will start their marker on the start pirate ship. Roll one regular dice and move the spaces shown. Have children read the sight words out loud as they go. If they can’t read a word you can have them go back to where they started or stop with the last word they were able to read correctly. THe point is to get them to practice, not to discourage them so keep your individual child and students temperment in mind. Now the next player takes their turn. The first player to reach the finish line wins.
NOTE: After the word “there” students will enter the gem passage way and will continue going round and round the passage way until they directly land on the entrance coin (As noted). At this point students can continue on towards the finish line.
The black and white version of the pirate sight word game is a little different. As students roll and move through the game board they will read the words as they go and use a bingo marker (or crayon) to mark the coin they land on. Play continues with students claiming coins with their color bingo dauber until they are all claimed. When students readh the finish line they take the “secret passage way” back to the beginning to continue collecting coins until they are all claimed. After all we know that the only thing pirates care about is TREASURE!
This game will help you practice all 52 sight words for kindergartners including: all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes
Kindergarten Sight Words
Looking for more fun, hands on kindergarten sight word worksheets, games, and activities? Check ideas these out:
- Farm Printable Sight Word Games
- Pumpkin Sight Words Game
- Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
- Free Christmas Sight Word Worksheets
- Summer Mazes – Sight Word Worksheets
- Read! Trace! Write! – building sentences with sight words
- Rapunzel Sight Word Coloring Pages
- Arctic Animals Sight Words Game
- Sight Word Groundhog Day worksheets
- Free printable sight word books
- Color by Sight Word Christmas
- Thanksgiving sight word coloring pages
- Train Sightwordsgame
- Popcorn sight words printables
- Apple Sight Words Tree Activity
- Gingerbread Sight Word Coloring Sheets
- Color by Sight Word Spring Reader
- Easter Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Peacock Kindergarten Sight Words Activity
- Crazy Roads – Kindergarten Sight Word games
- Flower Sight Word Maze Worksheets
- Ocean Sight Words Worksheet
- Kindergarten Sight Words Christmas Activity
- Candy Cane Sight Words Activity
- Winter Free Sight Word Worksheets
- plus lots more kindergarten sight words activities
- Kindergarten Reading the EASY Way – ways to master kindergarten sight words
- Free Printable Sight Words List
- Bug Sight Word Games
Looking for more pirate worksheets, pirate games, pirate coloring, pages, and more pirate activities? You will love these fun, FREE, and eductational pirate theme ideas for kids of all ages.
- Pirate Worksheets for early elementary age kids to work on math and litearcy skills
- Fun Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- Gingerbread Pirates Worksheets for Kids
- Pirate Place Value Game for making practicing place value fun
- Free Pirate Coloring Pages
- Pirate Letter Sounds Activity – includes both mathing letters and soritng by beginning sounds
- Fun Pirate Reducing Fractions Game
- Pirate Addition Color by Number Math Worksheets
- Pirate Number Sense Activities
- Free printable Pirate Color by Number Worksheets
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets for preschoolers and kindergarters
- Pirate Handwriting Printables for working on pre-writing skills
- Printable Pirate Treasure Hunt I Spy Games for Kids
- Pirate Number Flashcards
- Super cute and simple Pirate Coloring Pages
- Pirate Family Fun Night
- Free Pirate Count and Clip Cards
- Preschool Pirate Theme
- Pirate Printables Themed Shape Reader
- Free Pirate Kindergarten Sight Words Game
- SUPER CUTE ABC Pirate Worksheets
- or work on numbers with these Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers
Kindergarten Sight Words
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836 and Whimsical Inklings
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!