Ahoy there! This fun reducing fractions game has a fun pirate them to help kids get excited about practicing simplifying fractions. This printable math game is such a fun reducing fractions activity for third grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Simply print pdf file with free math games for kids and you are ready to play and learn. This is such a fun way to teach fractions for kids.
Using games to teach concepts like reducing fractions makes it not only more fun, but helps kids to understand the concept better. THis simplifying fractions practice is such a fun printable math game. Your little pirates will roll and move around the gameboard collecting pirate coins to fill their pirate treasure chest. But before they can collect the gold coin, they will need to reduce the fraction and make sure it fits in their pirate treasure chest. This is such a fun reducing fractions practice for grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this free printable math game for practicing fractions for kids. Use this as extra practice, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum with upper elementary age children.
Reducing Fractions Game
Reducing fractions games
Start by printing the pages in the pack. There are the following pieces in this pirate printable:
- Print the pirate board game in color or black and white.
- Fraction gold coins (I suggest printing them on cardstock for durability.)
- Individual Pirate Chests – there are 4 treasure chests so up to four players can play at a time.
- (I suggest printing them on cardstock for durability.)
Reducing fractions worksheet
To prepare your pirate fraction game, pick which board game you will use and cut out the treasure chests and the gold coins. You are ready to play or put your prepared math game for 4th graders in a folder or large ziplock bag so it is ready to practice any time you are ready to plunder some treasure!
To play you will put the pile of treasure coins next to the board game. Now place a coin on top of each blank black and white coin on the game board as shown above. Leave the remaining coins to the side of the board for later in the game. Now pick some manipulatives like lego pieces, erasers, buttons, unifix cubes, etc. for each player and place them on start.
Pass our a treasure chest to each player and grab a dice; you are ready to play this game reducing fractions.
Players will roll the dice and move their player piece around the fraction game clockwise. When they land on treasure they will reduce the fraction. If they have the reduced fraction in her treasure chest, you can pick up the coin and put it in your chest. If you can’t leave the coin and play passes to the next student. Continue going around and around the game board until one player has filled their treasure chest with 4 fraction coins.
This fun fraction game for kids is such a fun way to review skills.
There are a couple of special spots of the game board including:
- Add more treasure – if someone lands here you add treasure from the pile to all open spaces on the board
- Loose 1 coin from chest – if you land here you need to remove one treasure (of your choice) from your chest and place it on the pirate ship start spot
- When you finish your lap around the map, contineu going around until someone has all their treasure. Count the start pirate ship as a space. IF there is a coin there (that someone lost from their chest) you can pick up one of the coins of your choice that are on the spot.
- Yes, there are a couple coins that will not fit in anyones treasure chest – that is on purpose to make sure children don’t just guess.
- I Spy Pirate Game with free printable worksheets
- Free Pirate Printables – worksheets for early elementary age kids to work on math and litearcy skills
- Gingerbread Pirates Actvities
- Free printable Pirate Color by Number Printable
- Simple Pirate Coloring Pages
- Cute Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Pirate Worksheets for Preschool
- FUN Pirate Theme Preschool
- Cute Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Pirate Handwriting Tracing Strips for working on pre-writing skills
- Simple Pirate Ship Craft
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Pirate Family Fun Night
- Free Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets
These fun pirate activity ideas help young children work on early litearcy skills like letter sounds, writing their ABCs, reading simple cvc words, and reading sight words too.
- Free Pirate Games workign on Kindergarten sight words
- Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity – includes both mathing letters and soritng by beginning sounds
- Super cute, FREE Printable ABC Pirate Worksheets
- Pirate Short a cvc words short a
- Pirate Parts of Speech Coloring Sheet
- Free Pirate BINGO Parts of Speech Game
Use these fun pirate themed worksheets and printable activities to help kids work on tracing numbers, couting, shapes, number sense, fractions, and more pirate math skills!
- Argh! Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets
- Free Pirate Shapes Themed Shape Reader
- Number Pirate Flashcards
- Make-a-Reader – Pirate Shapes Printable
- Pluder the Treasure in this Pirate Number Sense Games
- Count and Clip Pirate Counting
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
- Hands-on Pirate Addition Color by Number
- Fun Pirate Reducing Fractions Game
- Pirate Place Value Games for making practicing place value fun
Looking for more fun fraction games for kids? You will love these free printable fraction printables for kids of all ages.
- Converting Fractions to Decimals Worksheet
- No-Prep, Free Printable Fraction Games
- Super cute Pizza Fraction Games
- Fractions Decimals and Percents Worksheets
- Hands on Easter Fractions Activity
- Printable Fraction Games
- Connect 4 Fractions Game
- Apple Fractions Game
- Teaching Fractions with Lego
- Back to School Fraction Activity
- Free Printable, Colorful Fraction Bingo
- Pizza Fraction BINGO
- Fraction Flower Puzzle & Worksheets
- Build an Ocean Scene Fraction Activity
- Pirate Reducing Fractions Game for Kids
- Free Printable Decimals to Fractions Worksheets
- 30+ FUN and FREE Fraction Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Free Math Games for Kids
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836 and Whimsical Inklings
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Parent Pirate Fraction Game <<
>> Teacher Licensed Pirate Faction Game <<
Leave a Reply