When teaching fractions, it’s important to use the right resources. Not only does this help teach your students about fractions, it also helps them have fun! If you’re looking for some fractions printables, games and learning activities, this roundup is for you.
30 Fraction Activities, Worksheets, and Games
When introducing fractions, make sure you pick fun games that will expose your students to this new math skill in a way they can understand. Here are some great options for introduction your students to fractions.
- Worm Fractions – This activity is a great way for beginners to start learning about fractions.
- Pumpkin Pie Fractions Math Activity – This hands-on activity will give students a visual so they can learn all about fractions.
- Fraction Snowflakes – Don’t forget to use this winter activity to teach your students about fractions.
- Sandwich Fractions – Combine lunch and fractions with this interesting activity.
- Fractions BINGO Game – This game is the perfect way to have students practice identifying fractions.
- Teaching Fractions with Lego – Legos are a fun way to learn about fractions!
- Printable Fraction Flowers – What a cute and fun way to learn fractions!
- Apple Fractions Math – Not only will kids learn about fractions with this activity, but they’ll also get a yummy treat!
- Fractions Match Up Game – Enjoy a little holiday cheer while practicing fractions!
- Snowflake Fractions for Beginners – All students can play this game, regardless of ability.
- Fraction Pie Craft for Kids – This fraction craft can be used to celebrate pi day.
- Math Card Game to Teach Fractions – You can use simple cards to help teach fractions to your students.
Learning More About Fractions
Once your students understand the basics of how fractions work, it’s time to learn more. Take a look at these activities and games that will take your students’ learning to the next level.
- Comparing Fractions Game – Kids will love playing this game as they practice comparing fractions
- Fraction Race – This game will make it fun for students to learn about simplifying fractions. They can play it over and over again!
- Pizza Fraction Games – Who doesn’t love pizza? Now you can combine pizza and fractions with this game.
- Spinner Math Fun – This game includes fraction practice along with other math skills.
- Apple Fractions Math Game – Your students can use this math game to match fractions.
- Connect 4 Fraction Game – Do you have an old Connect 4 game lying around? Convert it into this fraction game.
- Pizza Fraction Printables – Have more pizza fun with these fractions printables.
- Pizza Fraction Clip It Cards – Kids will enjoy clipping their answers on these fraction cards.
- Roll & Color Fractions BINGO Game – This fractions game will keep your students engaged!
- Hershey Fractions Printable Cards – Learn all about equivalent fractions with this printable game
- Apple Fractions File Folder Game – This game is great for matching fractions in a fun way!
- Activities for Teaching Fractions with Legos – Legos are a great tool for teaching kids about fractions.
- Roll a Whole Fractions Math Game – You simply need fraction strips and dice for this fun game.
Practice makes perfect, and these last few math games and activities will help your students master
- Build an Ocean Scene – Not only can your students practice fractions, they also will get to practice decimals and percents!
- Multiplication Practice with Paper Game – Students will practice multiplying number with this game, including fractions.
- Pegboard Fraction Activity for Kids – Combine fun and fractions with this pegboard activity.
- 4th Grade Math Worksheets – These worksheets will give your students the opportunity to practice difficult fraction concepts.
- Learning Fractions with Flags – You can teach students about fractions using graph paper to create flags.
Fractions can be fun and interesting to learn. You just need the right materials and games! I hope these printables, games, and activities make learning fractions fun at your house!