When teaching fractions, it’s important to use the right resources. Not only does this help teach your students about fractions, it also helps them have fun! If you’re looking for some printable fraction activities, games and worksheets, you will love all the free math printables we’ve found for you. These fractions for kids ideas are perfect for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students.
Printable fraction activities
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – these fraction crafts, games, and hands on fraction activity ideas are sure to make learning this math concept fun. Use these as extra practice, summer learning, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
When introducing fractions, make sure you pick fun printable fraction games that will expose your students to this new math skill in a way they can understand. Here are some great options for introduction your students to fractions.
- Worm Fractions – This activity is a great way for beginners to start learning about fractions.
- Pumpkin Pie Fractions Math Activity – This hands-on activity will give students a visual so they can learn all about fractions.
- Fraction Snowflakes – Don’t forget to use this winter activity to teach your students about fractions.
- Sandwich Fractions – Combine lunch and fractions with this interesting activity.
- Fractions BINGO Game- This game is the perfect way to have students practice identifying fractions.
- Lego Fractions – Legos are a fun way to learn about fractions!
- Printable Fraction Flowers – What a cute and fun way to learn fractions!
- Apple Fractions Math – Not only will kids learn about fractions with this activity, but they’ll also get a yummy treat!
- Fractions Match Up Game – Enjoy a little holiday cheer while practicing fractions!
- Snowflake Fractions for Beginners – All students can play this game, regardless of ability.
- Fraction Pi Day Crafts – This fraction craft can be used to celebrate pi day.
- Math Card Game to Teach Fractions – You can use simple cards to help teach fractions to your students.
Once your students understand the basics of how fractions work, it’s time to learn more about fractions. Take a look at these fraction activity ideas and games that will take your students’ learning to the next level.
- Comparing Fractions Game – Kids will love playing this game as they practice comparing fractions
- Fun Fraction Board Games – This game will make it fun for students to learn about simplifying fractions. They can play it over and over again!
- Pizza Fraction Games – Who doesn’t love pizza? Now you can combine pizza and fractions with this game.
- Math Fun worksheets – This game includes fraction practice along with other math skills.
- Apple Fractions – Your students can use this math game to match fractions.
- Math Connect 4 Fractions – Do you have an old Connect 4 game lying around? Convert it into this fraction game.
- Pizza Fraction Printables – Have more pizza fun with these fractions printables.
- Pizza Fraction Clip It Cards – Kids will enjoy clipping their answers on these fraction cards.
- Roll & Color Fractions BINGO Game – This fractions game will keep your students engaged!
- Hershey Fractions Printable Cards – Learn all about equivalent fractions with this printable game
- Apple Fractions File Folder Game – This game is great for matching fractions in a fun way!
- Activities for Teaching Fractions with Legos – Legos are a great tool for teaching kids about fractions.
- Roll a Whole Fractions Math Game – You simply need fraction strips and dice for this fun game.
Fraction games for kids
Practice makes perfect, and these last few math games and activities will help your students master fractions.
- Ocean Rolla-a-Fraction Activities – Not only can your students practice fractions, they also will get to practice decimals and percent!
- Multiplication Practice – Students will practice multiplying number with this game, including fractions.
- Pegboard Fraction Activity for Kids – Combine fun and fractions with this pegboard activity.
- 4th Grade Math Worksheets – These worksheets will give your students the opportunity to practice difficult fraction concepts.
- Learning Fractions with Flags – You can teach students about fractions using graph paper to create flags.
Fractions can be fun and interesting to learn. You just need the right materials and games! I hope these printables, games, and activities make learning fractions fun at your house!
Looking for more fun fraction games for kids? You will love these free printable fraction printables for kids of all ages.
- Converting Fractions to Decimals Worksheet
- No-Prep, Free Printable Fraction Games
- Super cute Pizza Fraction Games
- Fractions Decimals and Percents Worksheets
- Hands on Easter Fractions Activity
- Apple Fractions Game
- Printable Fraction Games
- Connect 4 Fractions Game
- Teaching Fractions with Lego
- Back to School Fraction Activity
- Free Printable, Colorful Fraction Bingo
- Pizza Fraction BINGO
- Fraction Flower Puzzle & Worksheets
- Build an Ocean Scene Fraction Activity
- Pirate Reducing Fractions Game for Kids
- Free Printable Decimals to Fractions Worksheets
- 30+ FUN and FREE Fraction Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Simple machines for kids projects, lesson plans, printables, and more!
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- We also have reading list like this 1st grade reading books pdf to help you pick engaging books for kids!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Plus don’t miss this outrageously fun Human Body Project
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Teach kids to tell time with this huge pack of printable time puzzles
Plus don’t miss these popular posts from our sister sites:
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Lots of cute, themed Free Kindergarten Worksheets
- Bingo Dauber Printables
- Printable Lowercase letter alphabet crafts
- Printable Uppercase alphabet Letter Crafts
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets with do a do markers
- Lots of free ABC Printables for preschoolers
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with animal alphabet mats
- Free Color Worksheets
- Simple, free alphabet worksheets